12 Biggest Challenges Pastors and Church Staff Face

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
12 Biggest Challenges Pastors and Church Staff Face
By Thom S. Rainer , Christian Post Contributor June 26, 2013|9:36 am
What is fascinating, if not discouraging, about this survey is that virtually all of the challenges noted by these pastors and staff were internal challenges. It appears that many of our churches in America are not effective conduits of the gospel because the members spend so much energy concerned about their own needs and preferences.
http://global.christianpost.com/news/12-biggest-challenges-pastors-and-church-staff-face-98841/

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
1. Apathy and internal focus. "I have been in ministry for over twenty years, and I've never seen church members more apathetic and internally focused."
2. Staff issues. "I inherited staff from the previous pastor. It's not a good match, but I don't have the credibility to do anything about it."
3. Leading and keeping volunteers. "It's a fulltime job itself."
4. General time constraints. "I end every week wondering why I got so little done."
5. Getting buy-in from members. "I spend half my time developing a consensus from members about decisions from the mundane to the critical."
6. Generational challenges. "It seems like the older generation is determined to nix any new ideas or excitement from the younger generation."
7. Finances. "You can sum up our challenge in four simple words: We need more money."
8. Holding on to traditions. "I wish our members would put as much effort into reaching people for Christ as they do holding on to their traditions."
9. Criticism. "Some leaders in the church have appointed themselves to be my weekly critics."
10. Leadership development. "We miss too many opportunities in ministry because we don't have enough leaders ready."
11. Majoring on minors. "We spent an hour in our last business conference discussing the fonts in our bulletins."
12. Lack of true friends. "One of the toughest realities for me as pastor was the awareness that I have no true friends in the church."
Sounds like GOD has left their churches (or he was never there in the first place). Actors going through the motions?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I find this list quite fascinating...I could go through the list with recommendations but the real point of the matter is that Pastors need to lead from the front and they need to know how to delegate responsibilities to others without lording it over them... :)

Blessings!!!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Reading over the quote from CRFTD
It looks like the leaders are more concerned with shoving the church into some kind of business mold instead of being lead.

Like God is some kind of play-doh factory, you pack him in one side and choose the best shape to squeeze him out the other.
For ages 3 and up. The church model
20121007183807.jpg

Like the add says create! crazy shapes LOL

1) Load -> God
2) Extrude -> choose your desired shape
3) Mold -> shape the image of God as so desired, them just as kids do, present it as cookies "food" in their make believe world