144,000 X 2 = Israel & Gentile = 2 Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
I have always believed the 144,000 was one group mentioned in two different scriptures. But...was I correct?

Revelation 14:3 And they sung as it were a NEW SONG before the throne, and before the four beasts and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the HUNDRED AND FORTY AND FOUR THOUSAND, which were REDEEMED FROM THE EARTH.

I thought the "new song" was the Song Of Moses [Deuteronomy 32:1] which "Moses spake in the ears of all the congregation of Israel the words of this song, until they were ended." [Deu.31:30] Upon reflection...how can that ancient song be the "new" song? If it is a "new" song then it is with a new group and has a new theme OR it is a "new song" to the 144,000 in [14:3] as they were not of the group taught that song through the ages. So they sing it as if it was a new song...."as it were a new song," for to them...it is.​

14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever He goeth. These were REDEEMED from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

This is just an observance and has nothing to do with this subject but notice that it is speaking of the 144,000 in 14:4. I love it when that happens....and it does - often!

To me, being "virgins" in this context means not being polluted with the religious system...idolatry with Satan. "Redeemed" means to be purchased.....purchased with His blood!

We see that the 144,000, the redeemed virgins, are the only ones that can sing the New Song. Where else do we learn of the New Song?​

Revelation 5:8-10 And when He had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. And they sung a NEW SONG, saying, "Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for Thou wast slain, and hast REDEEMED us to God by Thy blood out of every KINDRED, AND TONGUE, AND PEOPLE AND NATION; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests, and we shall reign on the earth."

They, the four beasts and 24 elders, were singing the New Song and only the 144,000 redeemed virgins can do that so these must be part of that same group. And they are not Israel as they were mixed from different people, nations, etc.

We also know that God's elect, the manchild, will be "priests of God and reign on earth" so they too are in the group singing the New Song.​

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be PRIESTS OF GOD AND OF CHRIST, and SHALL REIGN WITH HIM a thousand years.

So, that is one group of 144,000 but are they the same as.....​

Revelation 7:3-4 Saying, "Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the TREES, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads." And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the TRIBES OF THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL

The "sea" represent multitudes of people and "trees" also means people. So we see that these 144,000 are....the tribes of the children of Israel. The other 144,000 mentioned are "redeemed us to God by Thy blood out of every KINDRED, AND TONGUE, AND PEOPLE AND NATION."

Seeing that we know....there are two different groups of the 144,000. They are the two witnesses, the natural and the wild olive trees.

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
No doubt this is an interesting subject. The four beast. Beast is an interesting word. Satan as a or the beast. He once was a churub and the fifth churub. The reptile kingdom was cast out and the four left. Notice the four post above the ark in the holy of holies.

It can be amazing what little we know or do not know. How much do you actually know about Michael the arc angel? Those numbers and relation to 'virgin'; that is a limited number of a select few. One could surmise that those few come from the end days where they have kept themselves from women for full devotion to God and of necessity may have to be separate.

I think you digging maybe should continue. The hole should be enlarged to increase vision.