The Little Light Of Mine, I'm Gonna Let It Shine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“This Little Light Of Mine, I’m Gonna Let It Shine”
Matthew 5:14-16 NIV
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Last Sunday morning at our church, the kids group sang a fun rendition of “This Little Light Of Mine”. As they were singing, it was so cool to see them singing this song they had practiced and how much fun they were having doing it. We all have some laughs at what some of the kids were doing. When kids are on stage, there can be some funny moments and very precious moments as well.

As I kept thinking about that song, it made me think of how much I’ve sang that song from when I was a little kid up to even now. I can’t count the number of times I’ve sang that song and enjoyed it. But when I think more about the words, I wonder, “How much have I really let my little light shine for God?” All these years I’ve sang it with others and watched kids sing it, how often are we REALLY excited to share that light with others?

In Matthew, we read that we have the Light of God and the world needs to see what we have to share and offer. We wouldn’t light a candle or turn on a lamp and then cover it. That would completely defeat the purpose. We are meant to carry the Light of God and shine for all to see.

As we all celebrate the Christmas season and look forward to a New Year very soon, let us consider how we can live this out, “This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine!” As Matthew states, we are the light of the world. God wants us to shine!

Next time you hear a child or a group of kids or even adults sing this song, remember how God has called us to REALLY let our light shine!