2 bows, one Icthus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is just a sort of quiz. The Icthus, or "fish" symbol used by christianity is drawn quickly with one bow above and one inverted bowl below (sometimes the ends of both bows are connected for the "tail"). If the bow on top represented a covenant, which one would it be, and then what would be the significance of the other bowl? If the sky were a bowl, would it hold water? If the Earth were a bowl, what would it hold? What covenant was sealed with a bow, and how would it be broken? If the covenant of peace endures forever (and it does) what is the second and inverted bow a symbol of and how does it apply to those who reject the covenant of mercy? What does the upright line that forms the tail signify? Have I asked enough questions? I like a good puzzle.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I can foretell where this is going.

Let me guess...

blah blah blah ... vesica piscis ... blah blah blah ... yoni ... blah blah blah ... Shakti ... blah blah blah ... pagan origins ... blah blah blah...

Am I close? ;)

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello again, biggandy,
I'd have to say yes and no. All the gods of the nations are demons, but the demons have had knowledge of all creation. The demons, like the angels, just don't understand the Word of God, and men who have the Spirit of God have to reveal it to them. There's only one way to have that Spirit and it's through faith in Jesus Christ and the redemption in His blood. If there is a demonic doctrine that has anything believeable about it, it is only because it has some part of God's truth echoed in it, but buried in the imagination of evil eyes. I just read a spooky one about Mayan doctrine regarding 2012: I didn't know about the Jaguar. I always identified with Leopards when I was young, because of my last name, but if I were a predator, I'd much rather be an eagle: At least they get to fly. Did you ever see the bird dances done at football games after a TD or big play? One of the guys on the Jets does a sparrow dance. It's amazing what animals a man will identify with. The spookiest is a dragon or snake.
Is this getting too weird? Dragons are clever, but they're still just bird food. Isn't there something in scripture about eating Leviathan?
Best of the day to you sir. I have to get ready for work.
Michael