• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
2 Corinthians 5:20

"Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were (and is) making an appeal through us; we earnestly plead with you on behalf of Christ, come and BE reconciled to God."""

Reader....

"BE reconciled to God"

"BE" means "BELIEVE" = and your "faith is counted as Righteousness" and you will be "Justified by faith"., without water and without works.

= "The GIFT of Salvation".

Once you = BELIEVE (FAITH in Christ)...., God will forgive all your sin, and eternally reconcile you to Himself through the finished work "SACRIFICE" = of Jesus on the Cross.

This is the New Covenant.

This is the New Testament

This is the Blood Atonement.

WE, the Christians are to tell the unbelieving world to come and "BE Reconciled to God" as Jesus has made it possible by shedding His blood and dying for all their/our sin.

This is the "Preaching of the Cross", that is the Gospel of THE Grace of God., which is: = "the POWER of God, unto SALVATION".

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Cor 5:20

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

This scripture is for the already reconciled world, its the effectual call to Gods chosen people. 1 Cor 1:23-28

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
2 Cor 5:20

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

This verse plainly says "YOU" be reconciled to God.

Not the "pre-destined" as Calvin's Disciples lie to teach.

This scripture is for the already reconciled world, its the effectual call to Gods chosen people. 1 Cor 1:23-28

Yes, all the born again are chosen "IN Christ"... so, to become this, is to be BORN AGAIN.

This is how the BELIEVERS are "Chosen".

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

And John Calvinism is completely "stumbled" by the Cross Of Christ.

In Fact CALVINISM denies the Cross of Christ by teaching that John 3:16 is a Lie. As John 3:16 says that God gave His Son on the Cross to the WORLD... (all people, everyone)

Reader.....Here is the John Calvinism CULT teaching that His deceived Disciples will lie to teach you.

"For God only loved the pre-destined elect, that only the pre-destined elect are given the Cross, and if you are not that one, you are going to Hell because God decided not to choose you".

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Yes, The Cross of Christ is always CALLING, for the last 2000 yrs..

Jesus said.. "If i be lifted up (on the Cross) i will DRAW (call) ALL people to me"..

Whereas the demonic John Calvin taught...> Jesus said.. "i will only draw the pre-destined"

Calvinism turns Jesus's words into a LIE.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

The Cross "calls" everyone to come and Believe...however it is a fact that many who are "wise after the flesh, and who sit in high places in this world (rulers) have a pride issue, that causes them to "come to the knowledge of the truth" but never enter in by Faith.

And one of the main reasons they can't receive the Gospel is because its FOOLISHNESS TO THEM...

1 CORINTHIANS 1:21
For since, in the wisdom of God, the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe.

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise;

Yes, this is the "foolishness of preaching" ...

1 CORINTHIANS 1:21

""""For since, in the wisdom of God, the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the FOOLISHNESS OF PREACHING.. to save those who believe.""""

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The imperative in 2 Cor 5:20

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Its not to all mankind, but to the chosen of God already reconciled to God, its in the passive voice, they are being called to faith in an already existing truth, that they are already reconciled to God, they are being caused to believe it, rest in it, Glorify God for it.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvin is a liar and you are his disciple.
So, what does that make you.. @brightfame52

Look, just read John 3:16 and 17.

God gave Jesus to the WORLD... not to the "pre-destined".

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Its not to all mankind, but to the chosen of God already reconciled to God, its in the passive voice, they are being called to faith in an already existing truth, that they are already reconciled to God, they are being caused to believe it, rest in it, Glorify God for it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

God would not need Preachers to preach, so that people could receive salvation, if God had already saved them, before they were born.

So, its for the purpose of Salvation, that the Cross was raised for the World, and this OFFER of Salvation, is given to the world.''

John 3:16-17

2 Corinthians 5:19

Jesus has established reconciliation for everyone, but not everyone will BELIEVE, and receive it.
And until they do, they are not reconciled.

I would not have to share the gospel, if people were pre-destined to be saved.
They're not.
Noone is chosen to be saved by being made to do it......, but some are chosen to be in the ministry subsequent to being born again, and God knew this was their purpose.... "In Christ".

"as many as will believe"... is how redemption finds you...is WHY God saves the BELIEVER.

We are "justified by FAITH".. .not by pre-determination.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God would not need Preachers to preach, so that people could receive salvation, if God had already saved them, before they were born.

So, its for the purpose of Salvation, that the Cross was raised for the World, and this OFFER of Salvation, is given to the world.''

John 3:16-17

2 Corinthians 5:19

Jesus has established reconciliation for everyone, but not everyone will BELIEVE, and receive it.
And until they do, they are not reconciled.

I would not have to share the gospel, if people were pre-destined to be saved.
They're not.
Noone is chosen to be saved by being made to do it......, but some are chosen to be in the ministry subsequent to being born again, and God knew this was their purpose.... "In Christ".

"as many as will believe"... is how redemption finds you...is WHY God saves the BELIEVER.

We are "justified by FAITH".. .not by pre-determination.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Preaching the word of reconciliation, the Truth of it, as Per 2 Cor 5:18-19

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

That through Christs Death, He has reconciled the world of Gods elect unto Himself, men and women chosen from all nations, and these will never be charged with their sins because they have all been paid for.
Those whom God has chosen in Christ and He died for, will not have their sins imputed to them, Not ever ! Thats the Truth of Gospel Reconciliation.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were (and is) making an appeal through us; we earnestly plead with you on behalf of Christ, come and BE reconciled to God."""

Reader....

"BE reconciled to God"

"BE" means "BELIEVE" = and your "faith is counted as Righteousness" and you will be "Justified by faith"., without water and without works.

= "The GIFT of Salvation".

Once you = BELIEVE (FAITH in Christ)...., God will forgive all your sin, and eternally reconcile you to Himself through the finished work "SACRIFICE" = of Jesus on the Cross.

This is the New Covenant.

This is the New Testament

This is the Blood Atonement.

WE, the Christians are to tell the unbelieving world to come and "BE Reconciled to God" as Jesus has made it possible by shedding His blood and dying for all their/our sin.

This is the "Preaching of the Cross", that is the Gospel of THE Grace of God., which is: = "the POWER of God, unto SALVATION".

"Be" doesn't mean believe.

It means "is" ---- it is a present participle.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If we are children of God then we are also His Ambassadors in this evil world. We have standards to uphold. standards that the world may deride. Nevertheless the standards God requires of us are righteousness, love and compassion, and to not be self serving.

As you probably know in the UK we have a fairly new king, King Charles lll. In keeping with royal tradition our king has a standard which is flown above his residences - even on his official car. That lets everyone know that the king is in the building.

As Christian we too have a standard to uphold and it should tell the world at large that our King is in residence in our hearts and lives.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"Be" doesn't mean believe.

It means "is" ---- it is a present participle.

Jesus said. "All that BELIEVE in me (believe) <.... I give unto you Eternal Life, and you shall never go to Hell (perish)".

"All that come to God must BELIEVE """ Hebrews 11:6

Now, i can post 40 more verse for you, @Mr E ..,, but your Cult that has deceived you.... is not going to allow you to BELIEVE..

Believe it.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said. "All that BELIEVE in me (believe) <.... I give unto you Eternal Life, and you shall never go to Hell (perish)".

Now, i can post 40 more verse for you, @Mr E ..,, but your Cult that has deceived you.... is not going to allow you to BELIEVE..

Believe it.

Yes- he said ‘believe” a hundred times as recorded in scripture — elsewhere. But not in 2 Corinthians 5:20.

You might say -I am hungry.’

If you’re from the Deep South you might say “I be hungry” or “I is hungry.” But you would never say “I believe hungry.”

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Believe it.
One must first be regenerated to believe.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes- he said ‘believe” a hundred times as recorded in scripture

2 Corin 5:20 says that the Minister of the Gospel , (the Believer who is to lead the unbelievers to the Cross)...

How do you do that?

How to you get the Cross of Christ, to deal with the SIN of a Sinner?

They have to BELIEVE... they have give God their FAITH.....in Christ, and that is how they are "RECONCILED" to God, through Christ..

And as an "ambassador" of the Gospel, i hope you will BELIEVE., vs, wasting my time with more of my time your vain nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corin 5:20 says that the Minister of the Gospel , (the Believer who is to lead the unbelievers to the Cross)...

How do you do that?

They have to BELIEVE... they have give God their FAITH.....in Christ, and that is how they are "RECONCILED" to God, through Christ..

And as an "ambassador" of the Gospel, i hope you will BELIEVE., vs, wasting my time with more of my time your vain nonsense.
2 Cor 5:20 is directed to the reconciled to God, not lost people

Reactions: Pearl

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How do you do that?

LOL

You’re the one who made the dumb statement and presented it as fact. I have no axe to grind beyond pointing out that this below is both wrong and silly.

"Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were (and is) making an appeal through us; we earnestly plead with you on behalf of Christ, come and
BE reconciled to God."""

Reader....

"BE reconciled to God"