• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:20

"Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were (and is) making an appeal through us; we earnestly plead with you on behalf of Christ, come and
BE reconciled to God."""

This is the "Preaching of the Cross", that is the Gospel of THE Grace of God., which is: = "the POWER of God, unto SALVATION".
2 Corinthians 13:3-4 Since you seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you. [4] For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

Love the above in Corinthians with “as ambassadors for Christ, as though God were (and is) making an appeal through us; we earnestly plead with you on behalf of Christ(this we do for your sake), come and BE reconciled to God."""…

Though he was crucified through weakness, yet he lives by the power and of God. For we are also weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

The only way I can make sense of that is

+ crucified ———> yet we live by the power of God toward you. In Corinthians Paul says something peculiar about failing the test yet at the same time, I hope you know it’s not us who fail the test.

Romans 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.

Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law(failed the test), that I might live unto God(which doesn’t fail the test). [20] I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. [21] I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Basically what I see is ‘For we are also weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.’
Is …that which is dead is dead and there is no need trying to justify it of save it… and that the power of God in Christ is toward others. Removing yourself out of the way.

But that hasn’t been the message I’ve always heard but instead it’s all about working for me and mine which puts this tremendous heavy ….I did this, if I can do this and that …yet it all “failed” the test. I failed the test! Yet it’s no longer I, but Christ lives…

Last edited:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
2 Corinthians 5:20

"Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were (and is) making an appeal through us; we earnestly plead with you on behalf of Christ, come and BE reconciled to God."""

Reader....

"BE reconciled to God"

"BE" means "BELIEVE" = and your "faith is counted as Righteousness" and you will be "Justified by faith"., without water and without works.

= "The GIFT of Salvation".

Once you = BELIEVE (FAITH in Christ)...., God will forgive all your sin, and eternally reconcile you to Himself through the finished work "SACRIFICE" = of Jesus on the Cross.

This is the New Covenant.

This is the New Testament

This is the Blood Atonement.

WE, the Christians are to tell the unbelieving world to come and "BE Reconciled to God" as Jesus has made it possible by shedding His blood and dying for all their/our sin.

This is the "Preaching of the Cross", that is the Gospel of THE Grace of God., which is: = "the POWER of God, unto SALVATION".
The apostles brought all to Christ, and approved their ministry, what does text on a forum approve..

2 Corinthians 6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
6 By pureness, by knowledge, by long suffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.
13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
People follow Christ, not any man, Christ is in heaven, man is on earth, no comparison people.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One must first be regenerated to believe.
Col 2:11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

Dead in trespasses and made alive together with him is regeneration. That is what regeneration means. Paul says here that it happened having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through faith. Clearly here, Paul is telling you that regeneration happens through faith; that is, regeneration is for those who believe. And that is consistent with the whole rest of Scripture.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Col 2:11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

Dead in trespasses and made alive together with him is regeneration. That is what regeneration means. Paul says here that it happened having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through faith. Clearly here, Paul is telling you that regeneration happens through faith; that is, regeneration is for those who believe. And that is consistent with the whole rest of Scripture.
Paul said things or did them..

1 Corinthians 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said things or did them..

1 Corinthians 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
Yes, so what. What has that to do with what I posted or what anyone else has posed in this topic?

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
They did all we heard and you think we should INSTEAD, hear you, what a joke.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Matthew 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
If I do the same it is temporary, then I will go away and let you continue in the disgrace, unless you also stop your blasphemy.

• Wow
Reactions: Ritajanice

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Try being wise and keep quiet..

Job 13:5 O that ye would altogether hold your peace! and it should be your wisdom.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I do the same it is temporary, then I will go away and let you continue in the disgrace, unless you also stop your blasphemy.
Says the one steeped in egotism and narcissism. Talk about continuing in disgrace.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What have you got to do with anything of scripture, you are not an example so lkeep quiet.
Oh dear.

Trying to help you see your words.

The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, .

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Says the one steeped in egotism and narcissism. Talk about continuing in disgrace.
Good, and maybe you may understand how wicked it is for people to be inventers of evil things bringing in damnable heresies. ( and the forums are EXACTLY THAT.)

Romans 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Yes indeed, you should really do that. There is almost no one here that applies to so much as to you.
Yes and when I stop talking with talkers, it will reveal I an do it and all else either will, or never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.