2 Thessalonians 1:8

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what happens when people study too much trying to prove to God, what good little children they are, not enough JEsus too much self.

The bible, the biggest wall between man and teh truth that is Jesus Christ, whe nwill men tun away from self and give themseves over to Him, who can save himself by his own work,

So much foolishness,
amen

Sadly if we look, It started with Cain, and has been mainstream theology among mankind ever since.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:21 - For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who BELIEVE.

Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who BELIEVES, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

2 Corinthians 4:3 - But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which BELIEVE NOT, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 3: 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Reactions: mailmandan

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes, serious Bible student may overlook scripture in how to discern good and evil in the world by the scripture. That is why we are to always rely on Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd to help us understand His words to rightly divide the word of truth thru the Holy Spirit in us.

That examination in the faith with verses 2 & 3 of 1 John 4:1-6 is about knowing Jesus Christ is in us so believers will know later on in life when a spirit comes over them or someone says the Spirit of Christ is "felt" in the worship place or the "Spirit" is "visiting" the place with signs and wonders on already saved believers, they will know that is not the Holy Spirit when He has been in them since salvation at the calling of the gospel.

2 Corinthians 13:5 is the same thing as saying 1 John 4:2 in testing the spirits since what is outside of us in the world is the spirit of the antichrist.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

The reason Paul said that in 2 Corinthians 13:5 was because of his warning that some may preach another Jesus to receive or another spirit ( Holy Spirit, but it is not Him ), or another gospel earlier in this same epistle.

2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

No saved believer can received Jesus nor the Holy Spirit again, but many do preach that other false gospel now in these latter days in getting already saved believers to doubt they have the Holy Spirit into seeking a phenomenon where they receive spirits as the world does by seeing it happen by a sign, even the sign of tongues which never comes with interpretation but speak in the same supernatural tongue the world does in gibberish nonsense as 1 John 4:5-6 points out in testing the spirits by testing the tongues they bring as well.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Matthew 5:48 King James Version (KJV)

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

You must examine yourself in light of the Scriptures you have posted. Only the Sinless and Perfect have Overcome the World, therefore, you must be Sinless and Perfect.

Reactions: Enow

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You must examine yourself in light of the Scriptures you have posted. Only the Sinless and Perfect have Overcome the World, therefore, you must be Sinless and Perfect.

That is what we are to look to the author & finisher of our faith to do in helping us lay aside every weight & sin for the high prize of our calling to be that vessel unto honor in His House.

Psalm 138: 8 The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Psalm 33:21 For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name. 22 Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.

Psalm 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. 13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. 14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. 8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. 9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When one is water baptized, the old man of sin DIES being BURIED in a watery grave and then RAISED UP FROM (resurrected) from that watery grave to walk in newness of life (born again). This death, burial and resurrection does not happen when one says a sinner's prayer or when one has faith alone but happens only when one humbly submits himself to the will of God in water baptism where God does the work in cutting away the body of sin, (Col 2).

The baptism spoken of is baptism by the Spirit not water (1 Corinthians 12:13).
Water baptism was only for Israel for the remission of sins to cleanse them for the priesthood in the kingdom on earth (Acts 2:38).

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6:17-18
"But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness
."

The word 'form" (typo) means a pattern, an example. That form of doctrine those Jewish coverts in Rome had obeyed from the heart was water baptism with water baptism being a form, a pattern of Christ's death, burial and resurrection. Having obeyed God's will to be water baptized (form of Christ's death, burial and resurrection) then they were made free from sin (justified) having had their sins forgiven/remitted/the body of sin cut away by God.

Paul in Romans 6:1 was posing the question of continuing in sin.
He was not saying in verse 17 they were being obedient by being water baptized but that being dead to sin they were to live in newness of life (verse 4) and become servants of righteousness (verse 18).

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is what we are to look to the author & finisher of our faith to do in helping us lay aside every weight & sin for the high prize of our calling to be that vessel unto honor in His House.

Psalm 138: 8 The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Psalm 33:21 For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name. 22 Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.

Psalm 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. 13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. 14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. 8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. 9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Hebrews 4:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Amen!!!

Amen - what does it mean?

Reactions: Enow

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What religious group or church or school have you been in ?
Are you under fifteen years old? Under twenty ?

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What religious group or church or school have you been in ?
Are you under fifteen years old? Under twenty ?

Revelation 18:4-5 King James Version (KJV)

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Happy to say that I'm an outcast from the Denominational and Non-Denominational Churches. As for my age, intelligent readers can judge for themselves.

Be not partakers of Babylon's Sins, the habitation of Devils!

JOIN US, THE SINLESS!