My feelings are hurt

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am going to meet my future wife three and a half years from now. I know who she is, and also the time we are destined to meet each other, because God told me after I asked about it. He said he will help make it happen.

I’ve never been in a relationship with a woman before, so it’s nice to know that I’ll have someone to love and care for in the near-future. Unfortunately God made a disturbing experience about her recently. It isn’t accurate in my opinion.

Last night I had a terrible dream from God, and my feelings are hurt. In the horrible dream, I was depicted as cheating on my future wife with a mistress even though I don’t want to commit adultery. Then another dream, again from God, happened immediately afterwards where I was kidnapped by Barbary pirates and held for ransom. I managed to escape my captors, but a bad-looking terrorist started to chase me. I ran and ran, then ran some more, but to no avail. Tired of not being able to evade my pursuer, I prayed to God and said I wouldn’t marry my future wife if he ended the chasing dream (I was manipulated into making a promise that I don’t want to keep). Right then and there the dream ended abruptly, whereupon I woke up in the middle of the night deeply upset.

Why am I upset? There are several reasons. First of all, I have no intention whatsoever of ever committing adultery, so it hurts my feelings to be depicted as a cheater. To call me a cheater implies that I don’t value my future wife’s feelings and think it’s acceptable to betray her, breaking her heart in the process. Let me be unequivocal: I’m not a sociopath! Second, it was a long time ago that I asked God about my future wife’s identity. To my recollection, I’ve known her since age 19 (I’m in my mid-thirties now). I’ve thought about her so much for so many years, all the while single and lonely, wishing deeply to meet her one day and love her forever and ever, so to tell me that I can’t marry her anymore hurts me. It’s wrong to string me along like that for well over a decade; promises ought to be kept.

Does God expect me to never get married? What a nightmare that would be! It entails never loving someone, never having a family, and never getting to experience the happiness of marriage. And worst of all: It means never screwing a girl (unless I decide to take up casual dating, which I don’t want to do). Or does God expect me to marry someone else? If that is the case, it follows that if I am such a sociopathic cheater (assuming God’s label is correct) that I’ll just betray her as well? I suppose the alternative option is to become a swinger and agree to mutual cheating, but that is absolutely disgusting! Why would I want other male genitals inside my wife? And why would my wife want me to screw other girls? Consenting to cheat (or “swinging” as they call it) is not just disgusting; it also means acquiring STDs, some of which are incurable and cannot be prevented with condoms.

My feelings are hurt. I really want to marry my future wife from the visions. My heart is set on her and no one else. I promise to love her forever and ever and never betray her. Please pray and tell God that I’m not a cheater.

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is an important topic about my future wife that I forget to post in my original post, so I’m bringing it up now.

The second half of my life has been a literal living nightmare. There were tragic times when I wanted to end everything the wrong way. But do you know what kept me from taking a lethal overdose of pills or killing myself in some other grisly fashion? It was those visions from God showing me who I will marry later in life: A young foreign girl, her appearance beautiful, captivating, and exotic, who is a virgin with no boyfriend before. Committing suicide would entail never marrying her, so I continued to live despite not wanting to live because I will eventually meet her, and it will be the happiest moment of my life. Why forgo that?

Now God is telling me I can’t marry her because I’m some helpless cheater, or least I’m purported to become one some time in the future. This is extremely unfair considering that the mere thought of marrying my future wife (the one from the visions) prevented me from killing myself on many occasions. Why string me along like that? God should keep his promise to help me meet and marry her.

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There isn’t anything to do all day. I’m stuck at home with my parents, living on welfare. I wish more than anything that I had the ability to do something productive, just anything productive, but God won’t give me a brain stimulation device in my ear until I get my blood pressure down (since it elevates blood pressure). Without the device, I’m a complete basket case.

The good news is that I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday, and she gave me a new prescription for a strong blood pressure medication that I’m supposed to take twice daily. I’m going to pray that the medicine works enough so that God will give me the brain stim device in my ear.

That device was truly extraordinary. When I had it in the past, I could be productive and accomplish things effortlessly. Maybe I’ll get lucky: After a certain number of days pass and the blood pressure medicine takes full effect, God will give me the device so that my life can turn around for the better.

Still, there are present circumstances that make my life beyond difficult. All of that will change some time during mid-February, so I’ve been told. What will I do in the meantime if I have that device? I want to start learning my wife’s native language. There are many tutorial videos on YouTube that teach the basics of her language. Unfortunately since it involves a pedantic subject, sitting through all those videos and taking in all that information will be very difficult without the brain stim device, since learning requires effort and effort is painful to me.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last night I had a terrible dream from God, and my feelings are hurt. In the horrible dream, I was depicted as cheating on my future wife with a mistress even though I don’t want to commit adultery. Then another dream, again from God, happened immediately afterwards where I was kidnapped by Barbary pirates and held for ransom. I managed to escape my captors, but a bad-looking terrorist started to chase me. I ran and ran, then ran some more, but to no avail. Tired of not being able to evade my pursuer, I prayed to God and said I wouldn’t marry my future wife if he ended the chasing dream (I was manipulated into making a promise that I don’t want to keep). Right then and there the dream ended abruptly, whereupon I woke up in the middle of the night deeply upset.
Those are NOT from God. God is not a manipulator!!

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God didn’t implant the brain stim device in my ear last night, so I’m still a basket case. There isn’t anything to do all day, and I can’t put in the effort to do something meaningful or productive because effort—even the slightest bit of effort on a small task—is so painful. Not only am I disappointed, I’m frustrated as well. I didn’t do anything wrong to deserve this. Why can’t God alleviate my extreme suffering just a little bit with that device? Without it, I’m going to be idle all day doing absolutely nothing. This is horrible!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God didn’t implant the brain stim device in my ear last night, so I’m still a basket case. There isn’t anything to do all day, and I can’t put in the effort to do something meaningful or productive because effort—even the slightest bit of effort on a small task—is so painful. Not only am I disappointed, I’m frustrated as well. I didn’t do anything wrong to deserve this. Why can’t God alleviate my extreme suffering just a little bit with that device? Without it, I’m going to be idle all day doing absolutely nothing. This is horrible!
Perhaps put on some Christian music and read your bible. Turn your eyes upon Jesus, make Him the focus of your life. Seek first the kingdom of God. Find out who he really is, open yourself up to His everlasting love. Self always gets in the way of our relationship with the Father. Have you read the story of Job? he was a Godfearing man but God tested him by taking everything he valued from his life and allowing him to be ill. He suffered one disaster after another and yet still he didn't turn away from God.

Habakkuk 3:17
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Saviour.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus = stop.

Reactions: Lambano

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to meet my future wife three and a half years from now. I know who she is, and also the time we are destined to meet each other, because God told me after I asked about it. He said he will help make it happen.
Yes, I believe God can and does bring us a wife/ husband.if that’s his will for our lives, I 100% agree ..he also gives us the faith to believe that..

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is an important topic about my future wife that I forget to post in my original post, so I’m bringing it up now.

The second half of my life has been a literal living nightmare. There were tragic times when I wanted to end everything the wrong way. But do you know what kept me from taking a lethal overdose of pills or killing myself in some other grisly fashion? It was those visions from God showing me who I will marry later in life: A young foreign girl, her appearance beautiful, captivating, and exotic, who is a virgin with no boyfriend before. Committing suicide would entail never marrying her, so I continued to live despite not wanting to live because I will eventually meet her, and it will be the happiest moment of my life. Why forgo that?

Now God is telling me I can’t marry her because I’m some helpless cheater, or least I’m purported to become one some time in the future. This is extremely unfair considering that the mere thought of marrying my future wife (the one from the visions) prevented me from killing myself on many occasions. Why string me along like that? God should keep his promise to help me meet and marry her.
That is not what is going on.
We have an enemy. The devil.
He is messing with you.

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl