2023 - What's happening RIGHT NOW.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The events now going on in the world are the fulfilment of many passages of scripture. Here are just a few:

Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.”​
But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.​
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.​

What is happening right now is the final fulfillment of this eluded to narrative where behind the scenes of men's evil doings God has meant it for good. The events would appear to be a world in chaos--and don't get me wrong, it's not all good just because God is doing good behind the scenes. It's not. It is only the end result that is good. Which is to say, yes, the world is in upheaval and that is the narrative that is seen, but God also has His own narrative which is mostly unseen.

But these events of both narratives, the seen and the unseen that are occurring in this world are only an enactment of what is otherwise occurring in the unseen heavenly realm. This is the part where God "tells you of them" as in Isaiah 42:9. God is revealing [here] in the world all things good and evil-- the evil of which is "the man of sin revealed."

Now, to fully understand...the precedent of the second coming is not exactly as the first coming of Christ. In the first coming the events of evil men (Israel and the gentiles of Rome) crucified Christ as an evil God meant for good followed by centuries of strife and struggle for the church. But this time God has also promised to "tell you of" not just the evil, but also the good-- that is, to reveal by enactment both the rise and finale of evil, but also their downfall and the victory of good. And there is more, but that is as far as I am going to go here for now.

But the message is this: Things are not completely what they seem--God too is working, and we who are His will prevail. Be of good cheer, and though troubles may come, do not be dismayed. Endure, and look up, for our redemption draws near.

Reactions: marks

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The events now going on in the world are the fulfilment of many passages of scripture. Here are just a few:

Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.”​
But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.​
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.​

What is happening right now is the final fulfillment of this eluded to narrative where behind the scenes of men's evil doings God has meant it for good. The events would appear to be a world in chaos--and don't get me wrong, it's not all good just because God is doing good behind the scenes. It's not. It is only the end result that is good. Which is to say, yes, the world is in upheaval and that is the narrative that is seen, but God also has His own narrative which is mostly unseen.

But these events of both narratives, the seen and the unseen that are occurring in this world are only an enactment of what is otherwise occurring in the unseen heavenly realm. This is the part where God "tells you of them" as in Isaiah 42:9. God is revealing [here] in the world all things good and evil-- the evil of which is "the man of sin revealed."

Now, to fully understand...the precedent of the second coming is not exactly as the first coming of Christ. In the first coming the events of evil men (Israel and the gentiles of Rome) crucified Christ as an evil God meant for good followed by centuries of strife and struggle for the church. But this time God has also promised to "tell you of" not just the evil, but also the good-- that is, to reveal by enactment both the rise and finale of evil, but also their downfall and the victory of good. And there is more, but that is as far as I am going to go here for now.

But the message is this: Things are not completely what they seem--God too is working, and we who are His will prevail. Be of good cheer, and though troubles may come, do not be dismayed. Endure, and look up, for our redemption draws near.
There are (Two) future narratives in outcome

1.) The lake of fire for the unsaved wicked

2 ) The eternal kingdom in the New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, for the saved righteous

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are (Two) future narratives in outcome

1.) The lake of fire for the unsaved wicked

2 ) The eternal kingdom in the New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, for the saved righteous

With the exception of "future" (being a time of which God is not limited to), that is correct. And yet, that is not actually the context I was referring to, but rather "now."

I suppose from your "future" perspective, that means at least some of the future is now. -- But I digress, I'm just messing with you because of your propensity to push everything you yourself have not seen off into the "future."

But, I hear ya-- the future awaits those who await the future, just as you have stated. ;)

Last edited: