22 major reasons to abandon the Premil doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph. 6. [12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

..by not subduing his adversary in this verse(present tense).

Sorry? Are you for real? This is another reason why Christians should abandon Premil. It has a BIG devil and a small Jesus. Premil has a big devil and an impotent powerless church. This reinforces the Op.

Repeated Scripture shows that Christ is reigning NOW! He is reigning upon high NOW! He is King! He is Lord. All power and authority belongs to Him NOW. Your false teaching causes you to dethrone Christ from His sovereign place reigning over His enemies today.

Jesus testified in Matthew 28:18, “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.”

You don't seem to understand the term "right hand of power." It means: He carries the Father's divine authority. He is currently enthroned. He testified after His resurrection: “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.” This is Sovereign kingship! He holds this today upon His Father's throne. Him and the Father are one spiritually in authority.

How much more power than “all power ... in heaven and in earth.” does He need to exercise power and authority over His enemies?

This proves that Christ has already come and now exercises all power and authority today over all mankind. It means: He carries the Father's divine authority. He is currently enthroned. This is Sovereign kingship! He holds this today upon His Father's throne as God and upon David's throne as Messiah. Him and the Father are one spiritually in authority.

John says in Revelation 3:7, “These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath (present active particle) the key (or authority) of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth.

He holds all power (without qualification). After all, He is God! God either causes or permits - as He is God and He is sovereign. Simple! That is an explicit biblical truth and a Christian fundamental. The powerful language that accompanies the mention of Christ holding the key of David proves that this is referring to His majestic power and might. It says, “he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth.” This speaks of spiritual power. The key allows Christ to sovereignly open and shut in a way that no man can thwart or override.

Philippians 2:9-11 says, wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

He reigns today over the seen and the unseen world making every power and every authority “subject unto him.”

Heaven’s authority is bestowed upon Christ. He is God! Colossians 2:9-10, 14-15 confirms: "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled (or divested or disarmed) principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”

He rules intimately over His spiritual kingdom as Messiah and sovereignly over the physical kingdoms of the world and over all mankind as God.

He rules intimately over His spiritual kingdom as Saviour and sovereignly over the physical kingdoms of the world and over all mankind as Lord.

1 Peter 3:22 says, that Christ, “who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God (now!!!); angels and authorities and powers being (currently!!!) made subject unto him.”

Without a doubt Christ is reigning over His enemies since the resurrection, waiting for their final predetermined put down. Those who question Christ’s current reign do great assault upon the truth of God’s Word and undermine the current sovereign kingly position that He now assuredly holds. They also circumvent clear New Testament writings that teach Christ is reigning now.

1 Timothy 6:13-16 says, “I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate (dunastes or ruler, great authority or mighty), the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.”

He is going to reveal to mankind, time, and to the natural, what He is now in heaven, the invisible realm and in eternity. He "is (indeed) the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords.”

This all confirms my previous contention after years of debating this matter in my 13 major reasons why I abandoned the Premil doctrine: Premil is constantly exalting the power and influence of Satan and diluting the sovereign power and influence of Christ. That is nowhere more evident than in their constant rubbishing of Christ’s current kingship over His enemies at the right hand of majesty on high. Whether they mean to or not, Premils are always highlighting what Satan is doing in our day instead of what Christ is doing. Premil portrays a BIG devil and a small god, Amil has a small devil and a BIG God. In Premil, Satan seems sovereign in this age and God is curtailed. Premils are always lauding the ability of Satan since the cross. In Amil, Christ is sovereign and Satan is curtailed. Amils are always lauding the ability of Christ since the cross. As a consequence, Premil portrays an impotent beat-down New Testament Church, whereas Amil sees a victorious potent New Testament Church invading the nations with the good news of Christ and subjugating the powers of darkness as they do so. In Amil Christ reigns over all creation as God and His new creation as Saviour.

If Christ is not already King of kings, then neither is He already Lord of lords. But Revelation 17:14 tell us: "These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful."

This doesn't say He will eventually become Lord of lords and King of kings. It rather says that He is already that.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are folks that teach God replaced His promise to Abraham etc with the church.

Preterists are the purveyors of the doctrine originating by the ancient RCC, and futurists merely, ignorantly dabble with it.

For instance, if you ask either group whom this prophecy in Hebrews 8 is about, they will say it is the church....

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

....but in reality, we only get this per chapter 10....

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

....which merely includes the church into this subsection of the entire promise to future national Israel.

But we are the children of Abraham today. We have been grafted into true Israel. We are the true children of Abraham, by faith. It is not about race, but grace. That is not replacement theology but expansion theology.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus will NOT rule mankind with a rod of iron as depicted in Psalm 2 and Rev 19?

Just because you say so doesn't mean it is so. All we are getting are your opinions. You have nothing to support your speculations.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Futurism is actually frequently preterism.

According to futurism's definition of preterism, anything that was fulfilled before 70 AD is preterism.

Futurism believes that Jesus' first coming was fulfilled before 70 AD.

So futurism is actually preterism regarding the fulfillment of Jesus' first coming.
The first coming was also pre-mill.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lamb is Jesus, the dragon is satan etc.

The book is easy peasy to read the sign language.
No sign language whatsoever, it's a Metaphor

We're the parables also sign language

Last response to this sign craziness

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 9:27

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Half of seven years is 42 months. We also have that in years and days. WE know that pact involves Israel. We know that in the middle of that week the antichrist offend the Jews totally and whatever agreement they had, he now breaks it by setting up the abomination as Jesus said, and persecuting the Jews, attacking Israel etc. So much so that Jesus said to flee right away when they see this. Do not even go to get clothes and stuff in your house.
I don't even know what that means, but I do not see this in the bible. Jesus never mentioned it. Etc.
Say what?! You think God is sending witnesses and Jewish people from various tribes, and even angels preaching the gospel to tell people they cannot be saved!!
Believers are never cut off! Nations that reject His word and kill His prophets etc do get cut off. There were plenty of believers like Daniel, Mary and Joseph, etc etc etc.
The key here is 'given'. There are rules and limits and a very fixed time. He also is taking out the Bride before that happens! Then the new saints are helped with a little help, the witnesses fry enemies that try to kill them, there are miracles etc etc. Satan has no power over us! Jesus has overcome the world. The power Satan will have is over the kingdoms of the world.

The ones in heaven were killed, how did you think they got to heaven!? The fact they are in heaven does not mean the beheading act saved them!

Yes meaning that like we received new bodies at the rapture, the new saints are resurrected later when He returns as well. Of course the wicked will not be getting this then.

Not so much as you think. There is also thrones. What did the Bride get in the Marriage Supper after the Rapture? Crowns! Rewards! So there are many many folks in heaven. Adam and Eve, all the bible heros, believers from the various ages etc etc. And, and the verse adds at the end, also, of course, some newbies from the tribulation who were killed.
It doesn't matter how they died! If a wicked follower of Satan died by losing their head, so what? If a new believer in the tribulation had a vehicle accident they still go to heaven! If they get shot. If they were sick and died, if they were hit by lighting! The way we die does not save us, Jesus saves.
Daniel 9:27 could also be a set of days. Is that your only proof, a verse that could be translated a set of days? Daniel 9:27 is the days of the 7th Trumpet per Revelation 10:7

You are saying the AoD is just normal every day life like Amil do. You do not understand how severe it will be.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Futurism is actually frequently preterism.

According to futurism's definition of preterism, anything that was fulfilled before 70 AD is preterism.

Futurism believes that Jesus' first coming was fulfilled before 70 AD.

So futurism is actually preterism regarding the fulfillment of Jesus' first coming.
The definition of a preterist evolves around the Olivet discourse in Matthew chapter 24 and specifically the 3 items below

(3 Items)

1.) Matthew 24:15 Daniel's AOD

2.) Matthew 24:21 The Great Tribulation

3.) Matthew 24:30 The Second Coming

(Futurist) = No items have been fulfilled

(Partial Preterist) = Items 1 and or 2 or both have been fulfilled

(Full Preterist) = All Items have been fulfilled

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Daniel 9:27 could also be a set of days. Is that your only proof, a verse that could be translated a set of days? Daniel 9:27 is the days of the 7th Trumpet per Revelation 10:7

You are saying the AoD is just normal every day life like Amil do. You do not understand how severe it will be.
I am saying nothing like that. Just because beheading does not save people does not mean the tribulation is anything but the wrath of God and more terrible than any other time. That is why we are not appointed to wrath.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please remember, it is the dragon that is placed in a prison under chains. It is obviously a metaphoric description. The dragon, prison and chains represent real spiritual reality. Satan is spiritually restrained during this intra-Advent period until he is released at the end to have a short season of persecution. Satan cannot stop the Gospel going to the nations as he once did. Since the cross, the Gospel has spread throughout the heathen nations of this world, something that never happened previous. However, this doesn't stop individuals being personally deceived.
Satan is "Currently" bound from "One Specific Purpose", And One Only?

"Deceive The Nations" To Battle

The Non-Literal 1,000 Years (Revelation) 20:1-6 Are Taking Place Now In The Lords Spiritual, And Will Cease At The Future Second Coming

If A Tribulation Saint Were To Die One Day Before The Second Coming, He Enters Into The Non-Literal 1,000 Year Reign

Many That Promote Millennialism Falsely Teach, Satan Cant Be Presently Bound Because Evil Exist In The World?

Satan Is Presently Bound As Is Clearly Seen In (Revelation) 20:7-8 Below That Interprets (Deceive The Nations) Is To Battle, Not General Evil In The World Presently.

Satan Is Loosed At The End Of The Tribulation When The 6th Vial Is Poured Out As Seen In (Revelation) 16:12, The Deception Is Devils In False Miracles Going Forth To The Kings Of The Earth, To Gather Them To The Final Battle

(Revelation) 20:1-9KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations
which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

(Revelation) 16:12-14 & (Revelation) 20:7-8 Same Deception In Gathering The Nations To The Very Same Final Battle In "Parallel" Teachings Of The Same Event

(Revelation) 16:12-17KJV
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The Non-Literal 1,000 Years (Revelation) 20:1-6 Are Taking Place Now In The Lords Spiritual, And Will Cease At The Future Second Coming

If A Tribulation Saint Were To Die One Day Before The Second Coming, He Enters Into The Non-Literal 1,000 Year Reign

Many That Promote Millennialism Falsely Teach, Satan Cant Be Presently Bound Because Evil Exist In The World?

Satan Is Presently Bound As Is Clearly Seen In (Revelation) 20:7-8 Below That Interprets (Deceive The Nations) Is To Battle, Not General Evil In The World Presently.

Satan Is Loosed At The End Of The Tribulation When The 6th Vial Is Poured Out As Seen In (Revelation) 16:12, The Deception Is Devils In False Miracles Going Forth To The Kings Of The Earth, To Gather Them To The Final Battle

(Revelation) 20:1-9KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations
which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

(Revelation) 16:12-14 & (Revelation) 20:7-8 Same Deception In Gathering The Nations To The Very Same Final Battle In "Parallel" Teachings Of The Same Event

12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

Glad to hear that there have been no nations gathering to war for the past 2000 years.
I'll go the my history teacher how wrong they were. WWI, WWII what was my history teacher talking about.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad to hear that there have been no nations gathering to war for the past 2000 years.
I'll go the my history teacher how wrong they were. WWI, WWII what was my history teacher talking about.

Are the devils going forth below to gather the Nations to (World War I ) or (World War II) "NO"

As you have been clearly shown, "Deceive The Nations To Battle" is specific to the future final battle at "Armageddon"

Satan Is Loosed At The End Of The Tribulation When The 6th Vial Is Poured Out As Seen In (Revelation) 16:12 below, The Deception Is Devils In False Miracles Going Forth To The Kings Of The Earth, To Gather Them To The Final Battle

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere in any of these passages is there any insinuation of a 1,000 years shepherding (or ruling) over the nations -as Premil alleges. What is more, Nowhere in Rev 20 is there any mention of (1) a rod of iron, (2) Christ on earth, (3) and therefore Christ ruling on earth with a rod of iron for 1,000 years. You will only find that in the Premil textbooks
Revelation 20 never claims Jesus is ruling from heaven either. So it cannot be the here and now either.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am saying nothing like that. Just because beheading does not save people does not mean the tribulation is anything but the wrath of God and more terrible than any other time. That is why we are not appointed to wrath.
I am not talking about the tribulation. I am talking about Satan's 42 months of abomination and desolation. There is no mark of the beast until Satan's 42 months start. This 42 months splits the week of the 7th Trumpet in half. The 7th Trumpet does not sound for 7 years.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Explain 2 World Wars then? They all were not consumed by fire from heaven when attacking Jerusalem. There are wars being fought this very minute. How is Satan currently bound but wars have still raged on over the last 1992 years?

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not talking about the tribulation. I am talking about Satan's 42 months of abomination and desolation.
So the first half of the seven years of the wrath of God then.

There is no mark of the beast until Satan's 42 months start. This 42 months splits the week of the 7th Trumpet in half. The 7th Trumpet does not sound for 7 years.
Which trumpet? His voice that calls us up at the Rapture before this seven years is like a trumpet. The seventh trumpet sounds ending the rule of man and announcing the return of Christ.

Revelation 11:15

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

The abomination of desolation is not 42 months of anything. It is after the abomination is set up that there remains 42 months till Jesus returns.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
σημαίνω sēmaínō, say-mah'-ee-no; from σῆμα sēma (a mark; of uncertain derivation); to indicate:—signify.

To indicate.
σημαίνω sēmaínō, say-mah'-ee-no; from σῆμα sēma (a mark; of uncertain derivation); to indicate:—signify.

To indicate.
Who invented that redefinition of English in Rev chapter 1?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry? Are you for real? This is another reason why Christians should abandon Premil. It has a BIG devil and a small Jesus. Premil has a big devil and an impotent powerless church. This reinforces the Op.

Repeated Scripture shows that Christ is reigning NOW! He is reigning upon high NOW! He is King! He is Lord. All power and authority belongs to Him NOW. Your false teaching causes you to dethrone Christ from His sovereign place reigning over His enemies today.

Jesus testified in Matthew 28:18, “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.”

You don't seem to understand the term "right hand of power." It means: He carries the Father's divine authority. He is currently enthroned. He testified after His resurrection: “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.” This is Sovereign kingship! He holds this today upon His Father's throne. Him and the Father are one spiritually in authority.

How much more power than “all power ... in heaven and in earth.” does He need to exercise power and authority over His enemies?

This proves that Christ has already come and now exercises all power and authority today over all mankind. It means: He carries the Father's divine authority. He is currently enthroned. This is Sovereign kingship! He holds this today upon His Father's throne as God and upon David's throne as Messiah. Him and the Father are one spiritually in authority.

John says in Revelation 3:7, “These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath (present active particle) the key (or authority) of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth.

He holds all power (without qualification). After all, He is God! God either causes or permits - as He is God and He is sovereign. Simple! That is an explicit biblical truth and a Christian fundamental. The powerful language that accompanies the mention of Christ holding the key of David proves that this is referring to His majestic power and might. It says, “he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth.” This speaks of spiritual power. The key allows Christ to sovereignly open and shut in a way that no man can thwart or override.

Philippians 2:9-11 says, wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

He reigns today over the seen and the unseen world making every power and every authority “subject unto him.”

Heaven’s authority is bestowed upon Christ. He is God! Colossians 2:9-10, 14-15 confirms: "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled (or divested or disarmed) principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”

He rules intimately over His spiritual kingdom as Messiah and sovereignly over the physical kingdoms of the world and over all mankind as God.

He rules intimately over His spiritual kingdom as Saviour and sovereignly over the physical kingdoms of the world and over all mankind as Lord.

1 Peter 3:22 says, that Christ, “who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God (now!!!); angels and authorities and powers being (currently!!!) made subject unto him.”

Without a doubt Christ is reigning over His enemies since the resurrection, waiting for their final predetermined put down. Those who question Christ’s current reign do great assault upon the truth of God’s Word and undermine the current sovereign kingly position that He now assuredly holds. They also circumvent clear New Testament writings that teach Christ is reigning now.

1 Timothy 6:13-16 says, “I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate (dunastes or ruler, great authority or mighty), the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.”

He is going to reveal to mankind, time, and to the natural, what He is now in heaven, the invisible realm and in eternity. He "is (indeed) the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords.”

This all confirms my previous contention after years of debating this matter in my 13 major reasons why I abandoned the Premil doctrine: Premil is constantly exalting the power and influence of Satan and diluting the sovereign power and influence of Christ. That is nowhere more evident than in their constant rubbishing of Christ’s current kingship over His enemies at the right hand of majesty on high. Whether they mean to or not, Premils are always highlighting what Satan is doing in our day instead of what Christ is doing. Premil portrays a BIG devil and a small god, Amil has a small devil and a BIG God. In Premil, Satan seems sovereign in this age and God is curtailed. Premils are always lauding the ability of Satan since the cross. In Amil, Christ is sovereign and Satan is curtailed. Amils are always lauding the ability of Christ since the cross. As a consequence, Premil portrays an impotent beat-down New Testament Church, whereas Amil sees a victorious potent New Testament Church invading the nations with the good news of Christ and subjugating the powers of darkness as they do so. In Amil Christ reigns over all creation as God and His new creation as Saviour.

If Christ is not already King of kings, then neither is He already Lord of lords. But Revelation 17:14 tell us: "These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful."

This doesn't say He will eventually become Lord of lords and King of kings. It rather says that He is already that.
The devil reigns over the sinners of the earth. Jesus reigns over his saints. Jesus reigns over the devil who reigns over the sinners. Now you know what it’s all about. The devil roams to and fro seeking whom he may devour which you deny. That is what Preterists do best.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we are the children of Abraham today. We have been grafted into true Israel. We are the true children of Abraham, by faith. It is not about race, but grace. That is not replacement theology but expansion theology.
So you agree that future national Israel is who is a promise to the fathers is originally for and we are expanded into this promise?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because you say so doesn't mean it is so. All we are getting are your opinions. You have nothing to support your speculations.
Jesus ruling with a rod of iron is not my opinion, but it is in the Bible. I just agree with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.