22 major reasons to abandon the Premil doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I find your statement quite offensive because you're not acknowledging that He reigns as King of Kings and Lord of Lords now even though He does. If you think otherwise, then name even one king or lord that He doesn't reign over right now.
Reality refutes you.
Did Jesus reign over Hitler and Stalin? Its quite clear that Satan has a clear run with anyone who rejects Jesus.
You know a little bit about being rude, don't you? Are you going to try to claim that you are never rude to anyone on these forums? LOL. I would hope not.
I challenge peoples false beliefs. Their reaction is often very nasty and I call them out for it.
And then you went and ruined it.
So you reject the truths of Isaiah 35, Ezekiel 34:11-16, and Romans 9:24-26?
You fail to see how God wanted to have a people in His holy Land who would be His witnesses and the Light to the nations. That has never happened yet, but it will and great will be that time!
Strange doctrines? Amillennialism has been taught and believed by millions of Christians for the past 2,000 years or so
I only heard of the AMill theory about a year ago.
Frankly, I am astounded that any Christian Bible believer holds to it. AMill plainly contradicts Revelation 20, it denies Jesus His reward of being the King over the world and ends God's 7000 year Plan for mankind at the 6000 year point.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Frankly, I am astounded that any Christian Bible believer holds to it. AMill plainly contradicts Revelation 20, it denies Jesus His reward of being the King over the world and ends God's 7000 year Plan for mankind at the 6000 year point.
Premill plainly contradicts a whole list of other NT that I pointed out in EWQ thread just recently.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Premill plainly contradicts a whole list of other NT that I pointed out in EWQ thread just recently.
What do you mean by pre-mill?
If it is a rapture to heaven of the Church before Jesus Returns, then I totally reject it.
If it means that all the wrath of God is over before Jesus Returns, then I agree.

Why don't you address the the 3 points I make?

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What do you mean by pre-mill?
If it is a rapture to heaven of the Church before Jesus Returns, then I totally reject it.
If it means that all the wrath of God is over before Jesus Returns, then I agree.

Premill is another 1000 years after the Lords coming.
I also reject a rapture to heaven when Jesus returns.
Yes the wrath is over when Jesus returns and the door to salvation is shut.
Jesus then takes his seat as judge at the GWT.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Hey Jeff do you not believe in a rapture immediately before Jesus returns at the end of our world right before the judgement day?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This is my understanding and what I believe.
God is the Judge at the GWT.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it's unbiblical. Of course, no one would have a problem with it if that actually happened, but it's not going to happen. Paul indicated that he hoped some of them would be saved (Romans 11:14). And then he turned around just a little later and said they will all be saved? That's nonsense. It's all spiritual Israel that is saved and continues to be saved. He referenced an OT prophecy regarding all Israel being saved (Isaiah 59:20-21) and that prophecy has had an ongoing fulfillment for almost 2,000 years now. The covenant that it talks about which provides the forgiveness of sins and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is the new covenant which has been in effect for a long time already. You are acting as if Paul was giving a new prophecy in Romans 11:25-26, but the reality is that he was explaining how the Old Testament prophecy from Isaiah 59:20-21 was being fulfilled and would continue to be fulfilled.

Sorry, the Salvation of Israel refers to the deliverance of a nation, not just in an evangelical sense but also in a political sense. Under the Law, God delivered the nation of Israel over to her enemies if they disobeyed the Law. But if they returned to obedience under the Law, God would deliver them from their enemies.

This is what Paul is talking about. The nation, largely, had abandoned their God by rejected His Messiah and Son, Jesus. And so, God has delivered them over to Gentile rule for 2000 years. But if, when Christ returns, they repent and accept Jesus as their Messiah, God will deliver them from Gentile rule.

In Eze 36 we read that God is even willing to begin delivering Israel from their enemies before they even repent. He apparently understands that they are lost, and need help to be directed back to the right path. And so, I believe Christ will come back to Israel at a time when they will be surprised to discover who he is. And they will thereafter be delivered from Gentile rule. This is both a regenerative and a political salvation.

Eze 36.22 “Therefore say to the Israelites, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: It is not for your sake, people of Israel, that I am going to do these things, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you have gone. 23 I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the Sovereign Lord, when I am proved holy through you before their eyes.

24 “‘For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land.

Zech 12.10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You missed the point. The reason we can stand firm against the devil is because he is bound.

Do you even realize how silly this sounds? A criminal is bound in shackles, and is helpless to do harm to you. And because he is so bound, you must be prepared to fight him?

Do you think it was the case in Old Testament times that people could resist the devil and he had to flee from them? No. That has only been the case in New Testament times because of us having the Holy Spirit dwelling in us. He doesn't flee from us because of us, he flees from us because of the power of the Holy Spirit in us.

Not true at all. God told Cain he could resist sin at the very beginning of history, right after the Fall. The Holy Spirit also was present from the beginning of creation. He didn't suddenly appear in the NT or begin advocating for people after the cross! He is the same Lord who sent His Son to save us. And so, the Holy Spirit has been directed by God the Father to begin the process of redemption for mankind, and He is completing it now that His Son has won our legal redemption from death.

Reactions: Keraz

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey Jeff do you not believe in a rapture immediately before Jesus returns at the end of our world right before the judgement day?
In a twinkling of an eye at the Lords coming we are put on his right to inherit what was prepared for us.
At the same time the ungodly are placed on his left to inherit what prepared for the devil.

Just got back from the dentist having a tooth extracted :sweat:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How convenient for you to conclude that it's not talking about all of the children of promise. You interpret scripture with a great deal of doctrinal bias.
The key strategy to Bible interpretation is seeking authorial intent. Context is our guide. In this regard we are seeking to know what Paul means to say in his epistles and we must first examine them individually, paying close attention to the context and the subject matter.

The context and subject matter in Romans 9 is not the same as it is in Galatians 3. Paul, in his epistle to the Galatians answers those who claim that unless Gentiles put themselves under Moses, God will not grant them justification. He makes two arguments against that claim: 1) God did not require conversion to Judaism before he poured out his Spirit on them and 2), God awards justification in view of faith. The sons of Abraham are those who share the same faith as Abraham. (By the way, Paul makes this exact same argument in Romans chapter 4.)

We will examine Romans 9, but before we do, we observe that he already argued, in chapter 4, that God is saving those who share the same faith as Abraham. Abraham was declared righteous before he was circumcised so that he is the father of uncircumcised folks who share the same faith as Abraham; and he is the father of the circumcised who are not only circumcised but share the same faith as Abraham.

Beginning in Romans chapter 9 the subject matter changes. At that point in his epistle, Paul is done making his case for salvation by faith for all those who believe, whether Jew or Greek. Now he wants to make another point about God's promise to Israel. Bear in mind, Galatians 3 and Romans 4 argue from God's promise to Abraham. When Paul gets to Romans 9, he begins a disquisition concerning God's promise to the OT nation of Israel.

Two different promises; two different arguments.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You missed the point. The reason we can stand firm against the devil is because he is bound. Do you think it was the case in Old Testament times that people could resist the devil and he had to flee from them? No. That has only been the case in New Testament times because of us having the Holy Spirit dwelling in us. He doesn't flee from us because of us, he flees from us because of the power of the Holy Spirit in us.
I look at it differently. Satan is not bound. But the reason why we are able to stand against the devil is that we are free.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pay attention to what you say and consider it. And, usually, I can't make any sense of it. That's just the way it is. It's nothing personal.

Okay, I don't think I would go that far. I may have been exaggerating a bit. I was really referring to our end times doctrine in particular since that's all I know about what you believe. But, based on some of the things you've said, I can't be 100% certain that you even understand the gospel correctly even though I think you probably do.

Well, I hope not. Let's just go there then, I guess. How would you describe the core gospel?

Actually, I think you have been clear enough. I'm pretty sure I know what you believe about the things we discuss on this forum. I just disagree with seemingly all of it.
Good people can disagree and work things out. I appreciate your patience and your candor. :)

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because salvation is an individual thing, not a corporate thing. That is clear throughout scripture. It's whosoever believes, not which ever nation believes.
Granted. But wasn't talking about the salvation of nations. Is it possible that there are times you misunderstand me because you are reading ideas into my statements that I never intended? I wonder.

I think I spent a fair amount of time talking about generalizations and how they work. I shouldn't think I would need to do this again.

I'm not trying to put you to sleep here. My intent is to challenge your assumption, and it is an assumption, that Paul is talking about individuals in the Olive Tree analogy. I take issues with that assumption for several reasons, chief among them is the idea that God broke off an individual Jew so that an individual Gentile might be put on the tree. Paul would never argue that God intended to save individual Jews according to race as if the tree belonged to them by birth. That is exactly contrary to everything else Paul has taught.

Also, I'm not convinced Paul would ever teach that salvation is granted according to birth but must be maintained by faith. No, salvation is granted to those of faith who make a confession of faith and live according to that confession. Paul would never argue that an Israelite is saved by virtue of being an Israelite, but such person must keep believing in order to maintain his salvation.

Hopefully you can see that if the branches represent individual people, Paul is contradicting his entire teaching concerning this subject. But if Paul's analogy supports his general statement about Israel, then there remains no conflict with his teaching on salvation.

This is obvious.
Yes, this is obvious as well. I hope you are getting to a point here because I'm starting to fall asleep.
Well, I agree. These passages are easily understood. But won't you grant, based on the examples I gave, that Paul is making general statements about Israel for three chapters beginning in Romans 9? If you would grant that, I wouldn't feel compelled to point out the obvious. I think.

Okay, now I am back to completely disagreeing with you again. You are not recognizing that the cultivated olive tree is a picture of the church. What other entity only has both Israelite believers and Gentile believers in it? How does someone become part of the church? By being part of a certain nation? Or is it by putting their faith in Christ? All Paul is doing with the olive tree text is the same thing he did in Romans 10:9-13 where he talked about how Jews and Gentiles are saved the same way - through faith. He just talked about it figuratively there rather than straightforwardly like he did in Romans 10:9-13.
In that context Paul says that there is no distinction between Jew and Greek. But the Olive Tree analogy highlights a different point entirely. In Romans 11:11 and following, Paul answers his rhetorical question concerning the Israel that crucified Christ. He isn't talking about spiritual Israel because spiritual Israel would never crucify Christ. The point of the Olive tree analogy is this. Although the Israel that crucified Christ has rejected God, the Israel that crucified Christ remains holy. As he said, "if the root is holy, the branches are too." This is why I contend that the Olive Tree analogy is focused on holiness. Why is God not done with Israel? Because she is holy. Paul reiterates this point later when he says, "From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers; for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable."

The Olive Tree represents God's holy people. And Paul refers to the Hebrews as "natural branches" and these branches are holy, he says. When the natural branches are cut off, they don't cease to be holy. As Paul says, they remain enemies of the gospel, but from the standpoint of God's choice, they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. He hints that a time will come when the natural, holy branches will be grafted in again.

One could say that and one would be wrong about that. The branches represent individuals. That is obvious because only an individual can be grafted in because of faith and only an individual can be cut off because of unbelief. You're not going to be grafted in or cut off because of the nation you're part of or because of what anyone else does.
But no individual is naturally saved. Paul never suggests that the natural branches were on the tree because of faith. He says they were cut off for lack of faith, but the natural branches are on the tree because they grew with the tree. Faith or not, their naturalness is inherited. And Paul would never suggest that salvation is inherited.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One in Thessalonians where Jesus doesn't actually come all the way down to the earth. He comes in the air and gathers Christians together with him in the air (1 Thes 4:16-17).
Rich Claims A Pre-Tribulation Rapture?

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 Isn't A Pre-Tribulation Rapture, Dont Be Deceived!

The main scripture used by supporters of the (Pre-Trib Rapture) is 1 Thess 4:15-17 below, this is nothing more than the (Second Coming) (Last Day) resurrection, not a (Pre-Trib Rapture), don't be deceived!

1. Is a resurrection of the believer seen in 1 Thess 4:15-17 below, 100% Yes!

2. Does this resurrection take place on the (Last Day) as Jesus Christ taught below in John 6:39-40, 100% Yes!

3. Is the (Last Day) the time of final judgement as Jesus Christ taught in John 12:48 below, 100% Yes!

Many deny the truth of Gods words below, that are simple, clear, and very easy to understand.

(THE SECOND COMING, LAST DAY RESURRECTION)

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17KJV
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

(THE LAST DAY RESURRECTION)

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth
; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

(THE LAST DAY JUDGEMENT)

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find this statement quite offensive. It directly denies plain scripture; Revelation 20 and other proofs of the future Millennium reign of Jesus as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
You can believe whatever you like, but to try and convince others to deny the Prophesies, in the manner you do it, is rude and unacceptable.
Revelation 20:1-6 Isnt A Millennial Kingdom On This Earth, Dont Be Deceived!

Can you find the things claimed by those teaching a Literal 1,000 year Millennial Kingdom On This Earth in Revelation 20:1-6 below?

1.) Physical Earthly Kingdom?
2.) Physical Earthly Throne?
3.) Physical Mortal Humans?

The Above Claims (Don't Exist)

Revelation 20:1-6 Is 100% In The Lords (Spiritual) Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ

100% Spiritual Realm, No "Literal" Time

2 Peter 3:8KJV
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Revelation 20:1-6KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20:1-6 Isnt A Millennial Kingdom On This Earth, Dont Be Deceived!

Can you find the things claimed by those teaching a Literal 1,000 year Millennial Kingdom On This Earth in Revelation 20:1-6 below?

1.) Physical Earthly Kingdom?
2.) Physical Earthly Throne?
3.) Physical Mortal Humans?

Unless something is said to change we must assume it hasn't changed. For example, unless something tells us that we're no longer working a 40 hour week we must not schedule a different set of hours for our work week!

If we are told there will be another thousand years of human history, replete with a future rebellion against God, we must assume certain things will continue that presently exist, namely human mortality and our Sin Nature.

So what things are we told will change in the Millennium? Does any of it indicate mortal humanity and the Sin Nature will change? No. What changes is the Kingdom that will rule, namely a Christian Kingdom. It's impact will mean the loss of satanic influence on earth for a thousand years, though not the loss of mortality and sin.

Christ's coming Kingdom will take root here on the earth, but it may very well continue to be a heavenly Kingdom, just as it is today. But the change indicated is that there will be freedom for Christian states, as well as freedom from international warfare.

Furthermore, we are told that the saints of the present age will be the source of authority for establishing this Kingdom. For me, that likely means our testimony to righteousness, as we have lived it, will count, and mankind will be kept at bay with respect to any malicious intention towards Christian political rule. Our rule may continue from heaven, just as it exists in part today. Only in that day, antiChristian states will be disallowed.

None of this indicates there will not be a physical Kingdom of Christ on earth, nor that mortal humanity will not be ruled over. On the contrary, we are told that Christ's Kingdom and its immortal heirs will indeed rule over mortal humanity when Christ returns.

Rev 2.27 that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’—just as I have received authority from my Father.

Reactions: Keraz

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a twinkling of an eye at the Lords coming we are put on his right to inherit what was prepared for us.
At the same time the ungodly are placed on his left to inherit what prepared for the devil.

Just got back from the dentist having a tooth extracted :sweat:

Let me just leave debate aside for a moment to express my great sympathy! I'm a big baby and cannot even handle a "cleaning" without crying. ;)

Reactions: jeffweeder

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Granted. But wasn't talking about the salvation of nations. Is it possible that there are times you misunderstand me because you are reading ideas into my statements that I never intended? I wonder.

In post #1907 I clarify that the salvation of individuals and the salvation of nations are both biblical concepts. But we must not confuse the ideas. Both involve the need for regeneration.

An individual, to be saved spiritually, requires regeneration. But a nation, to be saved politically, only requires general conformity with the laws of God to be shown favor by God. That's how it worked in the OT, and that's also how God operates in the NT.

A nation can be a rather "mixed crowd" and still conform to the will of Christ. Not all need to be regenerated for this to happen, since even non-Christians can be persuaded to obey moral law. This will not get them saved, but it will contribute to good works and to the health of the country, along with God's blessings.

I do think a lot of the confusion on this subject comes from an unwillingness, by some, to properly distinguish between spiritual and political salvation. In the OT Israel gives us a great example of political salvation without 100% spiritual conformity by the people. That is, many of them, we know, were not truly in their heart conformed to the love of God. But at times they were willing to obey God in important matters, and so enabled the nation, as a whole, to be blessed.

What Paul is alluding to is this promise from God that Israel would experience a final political salvation, not because all Jews must become regenerated, but rather, because at present the vast majority of Jews reject Christ. When Christ returns, his claim is that the dominant ungodly majority will be defeated, and the righteous remnant will began to dominate.

That will lead not to the salvation of only one county in Israel, or one city, but rather, to the deliverance of an entire country. "All Israel" will be saved, not meaning that every individual will be regenerated, but that the entire land and people will be brought into conformity to the will of Christ so that they will from henceforth no longer be dominated by ungodly foreigners.

I must say that it's been difficult for me to convey this fairly simple concept due to the enormous confusion and resistance that exists in this regard. We've had many centuries of resistance to the idea Jews can become Christian as a people. I find that appalling. But it's the reality, and I have to deal with it.

Reactions: CadyandZoe
Status
Not open for further replies.