5 of the more obvious passages about losing salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"These [that] passages is out of context" is the default arguement in christian debates! :D.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Zachary said:
And all of this talk about scholars who wrote the original Bibles.
They never went to any cemetaries, er ... seminaries.

And don't you know that the global elite are the ones who watered down
most of the modern Bibles, such as The Nearly Inspired Version?
For a reason, of course ... which will be apparent to you in 2016.
Am I to conclude you are KJVO? Do you know that the NIV had 3 of the most preeminent Greek scholars on their 110 person committee and that the editor in chief was one of them?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First of all, I agree with you that we owe a tremendous debt to scholars. Without them, we would not have our precious scriptures in our own languages, where we can read and understand them for ourselves.
Thats teh whole problem, you read them but you dont understand them, there was a reason why we are given the holy Spirit, but who need Him we have our brains arnt we so clever, and so we deny Jesus and God so we can figure it all our for ourselves, and so christianity remains teh abomination it is, run on mens wisdom mens understanding the knowledge of man and still he cant find life, because Life is in Jesus alone, just as He said.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
StanJ said:
Am I to conclude you are KJVO? Do you know that the NIV had 3 of the most preeminent Greek scholars on their 110 person committee and that the editor in chief was one of them?
I prefer the NKJV.
Believe me, the gobal elite run everything in the West.
They watered down our English Bibles with many of these modern translations.
I.E. prominent people of all persuasions are told what to do.
C'mon, it's time to wake up.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I prefer the NKJV.
Mre importantly they watered down God. Theank Jesus for His unslfish death so that we could have teh Hloy Spirit so that we could have the truth instead of having to lean on our own understanding.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Zachary said:
I prefer the NKJV.
So you prefer an updated KJV, but do you know what texts it is from?
Do you know ANYTHING about the over 9500 texts that comprise what we call the BIBLE?
You sound more paranoid than educated....who are these "global elite" in the West? Where are you from?
I notice your profile says absolutely nothing about who you are.
I agree with you, it's time for YOU to wake up. Only people with two noids rant against established norms and solid hermeneutical practises. Have you received the infilling/baptism of the Holy Spirit?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only people with two noids rant against established norms and solid hermeneutical practises.
I guess that makes Jesus one than,

Mat_15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
Mat_15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
Mar_7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar_7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
Mar_7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

YEs Jesus was always "upsetting, the established norm.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
I guess that makes Jesus one than,

Mat_15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
Mat_15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
Mar_7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar_7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
Mar_7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

YEs Jesus was always "upsetting, the established norm.
Not quite....He never ranted, but spoke out against religiosity and man made traditions. NEVER about properly dividing the word of God. In fact Jesus said many times..."It is written". He also said the Pharisees were to be respected when it came to the WRITTEN Law. Matt 23:1-3

All you've done here is muddy the waters in order to justify your personal bias, which Jesus never had.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All you've done here is muddy the waters in order to justify your personal bias, which Jesus never had.
No Jesus was never biased, He always called men to Himself, but even today they wont come.

Luk 7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.
Luk 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
Luk 7:32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.

Still things havnt changed. Still trying to figure out God when all they have to do is go to Jesus. Really isnt hard at all, or did Jesus waste His time sending teh Holy Ghost to men who dont need Him.

PS cant muddy teh water any more than man and his religion already has. Will take a flood to clean out the mess.

Mat_11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
StanJ said:
Have you received the infilling/baptism of the Holy Spirit?
Which one dost thou refer to?
Infilling is receiving @ the time when one is baptized by the Holy Spirit into the church.
Baptism with the Holy Spirit is receiving Jesus' anointing @ the time of receiving UPON.
These 2 separate experiences CAN be simultaneous (such as on the Day of Pentecost).
Peter and the first brothers had absolutely NO idea what was happening on that Day.
I received both, but 10 years apart.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
No Jesus was never biased, He always called men to Himself, but even today they wont come.

Luk 7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.
Luk 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
Luk 7:32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.

Still things havnt changed. Still trying to figure out God when all they have to do is go to Jesus. Really isnt hard at all, or did Jesus waste His time sending teh Holy Ghost to men who dont need Him.

PS cant muddy teh water any more than man and his religion already has. Will take a flood to clean out the mess.

Mat_11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
You apparently don't comprehend what I posted and you read? I said he was NOT biased.

I said YOU are muddying the waters HERE. Some of us have already seen the bottom through the CLEAR Word of God.

His yoke, yes, but that has nothing to do with learning or understanding His word. As his servants, we can be educated or not...our choice.... 1 Cor 2:14-16. We can either be OPEN to the Holy Spirit teaching us or we can be closed minded.

Matt 10:16 was Jesus' command to His disciples, when He sent them into the world to spread the gospel.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Zachary said:
Which one dost thou refer to?
Infilling is receiving @ the time when one is baptized by the Holy Spirit into the church.
Baptism with the Holy Spirit is receiving Jesus' anointing @ the time of receiving UPON.
These 2 separate experiences CAN be simultaneous (such as on the Day of Pentecost).
Peter and the first brothers had absolutely NO idea what was happening on that Day.
I received both, but 10 years apart.
There is only ONE baptism of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 2:4, 10:46, and 19:6 show the experience, which Jesus promised in John 14:16, 26, 15:26, & 16:7.

I'm not concerned about how far apart if was, only that you actually had the experience as depicted in Acts.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
His yoke, yes, but that has nothing to do with learning or understanding His word. As his servants, we can be educated or not...our choice.... 1 Cor 2:14-16. We can either be OPEN to the Holy Spirit teaching us or we can be closed minded.
Exactly by the holy spirit, not men... our ourselves. God doesnt deal in Heumenitcs or what ever it was He only deals in truth.

as it says

1Co_1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Rather be a fool that wise, rather have His wisdom than rely upon mens.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
Exactly by the holy spirit, not men... our ourselves. God doesnt deal in Heumenitcs or what ever it was He only deals in truth.

as it says

1Co_1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Rather be a fool that wise, rather have His wisdom than rely upon mens.
The fact that you don't know how to spell it or what IT is only shows your ignorance and inability to learn. Paul studied for years to understand God's word. He was a Pharisee and expert in the LAW and the NEW covenant. Yes the foolish THINGS, not foolish PEOPLE.
I suggest you read and study Prov 4:7 and 9:10

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The fact that you don't know how to spell it or what IT is only shows your ignorance and inability to learn. Paul studied for years to understand God's word. He was a Pharisee and expert in the LAW and the NEW covenant. Yes the foolish THINGS, not foolish PEOPLE.
And then he discovered Jesus,

Act_9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks

See didnt know Jesus

Than after all he knew,

Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Rather be ignorant of mens ways than Jesus

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
And then he discovered Jesus,

Act_9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks

See didnt know Jesus

Than after all he knew,

Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Rather be ignorant of mens ways than Jesus
I have a piece of advise for you....use cohesive phrases, not thoughts. They may mean something to you in your convoluted thought process, but make no sense when you write them down.
:wacko:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have a piece of advise for you....use cohesive phrases, not thoughts. They may mean something to you in your convoluted thought process, but make no sense when you write them down.
If seeking Christ and teh truth in Him is nonsense than i will take your advice.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Joh_16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Some seek after men others seek after Christ.

In all His Love

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
If seeking Christ and teh truth in Him is nonsense than i will take your advice.

Some seek after men others seek after Christ.
Nope...I said YOU are speaking nonsense....that has NOTHING to do with seeking Christ. Trying to sound spiritual doesn't make you as such.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nope...I said YOU are speaking nonsense....that has NOTHING to do with seeking Christ. Trying to sound spiritual doesn't make you as such.
And where might that be??