6 Rituals In Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should be careful there, the rituals in the OP are a different type of rituals to the ones you are thinking of, she is not talking about seances, witches dancing around the fire, dark magic circles or anything of that kind.

She is talking about rituals in the Christian Catholic faith, and even other Christian denominations, especially the more liturgical ones have a number of rituals too, when done with the right heart towards the Lord Jesus, it is pleasing to the Lord. There are some faithful, loyal people who love the Lord Jesus among these congregations. And yep even most Pentecostal churches have rituals.
Why do you need rituals? That’s mysticism.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you’re right about the priesthood

Is Jesus divine?
Do you believe in the most holy trinity?
No, I don’t believe in “the most holy trinity”. It is a non-Biblical man-made concept to confine an infinite God into some sort of imaginary box.

There are many Holy Spirits: the seven which stand before the throne; and then there are the 7 holy spirits that emanate from the Lamb throughout the world. There are others; I’m just going from memory.

We are all Gods, descendants of Adam, the Son of God.
Christians are forbidden to partake of Jewish practices
Christians are forbidden to take part in Jewish practices??? I have never heard such nonsense!! Scripture reference?? Must be tough on Jewish Christians!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don’t believe in “the most holy trinity”. It is a non-Biblical man-made concept to confine an infinite God into some sort of imaginary box.

There are many Holy Spirits: the seven which stand before the throne; and then there are the 7 holy spirits that emanate from the Lamb throughout the world. There are others; I’m just going from memory.

Christians are forbidden to take part in Jewish practices??? I have never heard such nonsense!! Scripture reference?? Must be tough on Jewish Christians!

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The three parts of the Godhead. It's not "non-Biblical". It's a basic doctrine of Christianity.

John 14:25-26, “I [Jesus] have spoken these things while staying with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and will cause you to remember everything I said to you."

Should I accept your opinion or what the Bible clearly says?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

only one Holy Spirit
The 7 spirits are the seven gifts of the one spirit

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you practice two covenant?

how can you practice a covenant that has no mediator?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence, Cantate Domino, 1441: “The Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and teaches that the matter pertaining to the law of the Old Testament, of the Mosaic Law, which are divided into ceremonies, sacred rites, sacrifices, and sacraments, because they were established to signify something in the future, although they were suited to divine worship at that time, after our Lord’s coming had been signified by them, ceased, and the sacraments of the New Testament began; and that whoever, even after the passion, placed hope in these matters of the law and submitted himself to them as necessary for salvation, as if faith in Christ could not save without them, sinned mortally. Yet it does not deny that after the passion of Christ up to the promulgation of the Gospel they could have been observed until they were believed to be in no way necessary for salvation; but after the promulgation of the Gospel it asserts that they cannot be observed without the loss of eternal salvation. All, therefore, who after that time (the promulgation of the Gospel) observe circumcision and the Sabbath and the other requirements of the law, it declares alien to the Christian faith and not in the least fit to participate in eternal salvation, unless someday they recover from these errors.”

Pope Benedict XIV in Ex Quo:

"The first consideration is that the ceremonies of the Mosaic Law *were abrogated* by the coming of Christ and that they can no longer be observed without sin after the promulgation of the Gospel. "

Pope Pius XII in Mystici Corporis:

"29. And first of all, by the death of our Redeemer, the New Testament took the place of the Old Law which had been abolished; then the Law of Christ together with its mysteries, enactments, institutions, and sacred rites was ratified for the whole world in the blood of Jesus Christ. For, while our Divine Savior was preaching in a restricted area - He was not sent but to the sheep that were lost of the House of Israel [30] - the Law and the Gospel were together in force; [31] but on the gibbet of His death Jesus made void the Law with its decrees [32] fastened the handwriting of the Old Testament to the Cross, [33] establishing the New Testament in His blood shed for the whole human race.[34] "To such an extent, then," says St. Leo the Great, speaking of the Cross of our Lord, "*was there effected a transfer from the Law to the Gospel, from the Synagogue to the Church, from the many sacrifices to one Victim, that, as Our Lord expired, that mystical veil which shut off the innermost part of the temple and its sacred secret was rent violently from top to bottom.*" [35]

30. *On the Cross then the Old Law died, soon to be buried and to be a bearer of death*, [36] in order to give way to the New Testament of which Christ had chosen the Apostles as qualified ministers; [37] and although He had been constituted the Head of the whole human family in the womb of the Blessed Virgin, it is by the power of the Cross that our Savior exercises fully the office itself of Head of His Church. "

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture say we must be taught!

Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42 Acts 8:31

we must hear

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

Matt 18:17

must submit and obey

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

how can any of this happen without apostles???

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence, Cantate Domino, 1441: “The Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and teaches that the matter pertaining to the law of the Old Testament, of the Mosaic Law, which are divided into ceremonies, sacred rites, sacrifices, and sacraments, because they were established to signify something in the future, although they were suited to divine worship at that time, after our Lord’s coming had been signified by them, ceased, and the sacraments of the New Testament began; and that whoever, even after the passion, placed hope in these matters of the law and submitted himself to them as necessary for salvation, as if faith in Christ could not save without them, sinned mortally. Yet it does not deny that after the passion of Christ up to the promulgation of the Gospel they could have been observed until they were believed to be in no way necessary for salvation; but after the promulgation of the Gospel it asserts that they cannot be observed without the loss of eternal salvation. All, therefore, who after that time (the promulgation of the Gospel) observe circumcision and the Sabbath and the other requirements of the law, it declares alien to the Christian faith and not in the least fit to participate in eternal salvation, unless someday they recover from these errors.”

Pope Benedict XIV in Ex Quo:

"The first consideration is that the ceremonies of the Mosaic Law *were abrogated* by the coming of Christ and that they can no longer be observed without sin after the promulgation of the Gospel. "

Pope Pius XII in Mystici Corporis:

"29. And first of all, by the death of our Redeemer, the New Testament took the place of the Old Law which had been abolished; then the Law of Christ together with its mysteries, enactments, institutions, and sacred rites was ratified for the whole world in the blood of Jesus Christ. For, while our Divine Savior was preaching in a restricted area - He was not sent but to the sheep that were lost of the House of Israel [30] - the Law and the Gospel were together in force; [31] but on the gibbet of His death Jesus made void the Law with its decrees [32] fastened the handwriting of the Old Testament to the Cross, [33] establishing the New Testament in His blood shed for the whole human race.[34] "To such an extent, then," says St. Leo the Great, speaking of the Cross of our Lord, "*was there effected a transfer from the Law to the Gospel, from the Synagogue to the Church, from the many sacrifices to one Victim, that, as Our Lord expired, that mystical veil which shut off the innermost part of the temple and its sacred secret was rent violently from top to bottom.*" [35]

30. *On the Cross then the Old Law died, soon to be buried and to be a bearer of death*, [36] in order to give way to the New Testament of which Christ had chosen the Apostles as qualified ministers; [37] and although He had been constituted the Head of the whole human family in the womb of the Blessed Virgin, it is by the power of the Cross that our Savior exercises fully the office itself of Head of His Church. "

Catholic propaganda.

Reactions: Stan B

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The three parts of the Godhead. It's not "non-Biblical". It's a basic doctrine of Christianity.

John 14:25-26, “I [Jesus] have spoken these things while staying with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and will cause you to remember everything I said to you."

Should I accept your opinion or what the Bible clearly says?

the divinity of Christ and the holy trinity are Christian doctrine to deny them is to deny salvation and not be Christian

Matt 28:19 Christian initiation into the new covenant is by baptism in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants!
It is a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Effects of baptism!

Faith and baptism accomplish justification
With these effects:
born again Jn 3:5
New creation in Christ 2 cor 5:17
Passed from death to life 2 Tim 1:10
Out of the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light 1 pet 2:9
All sins (original and personal) washed away acts 22:16
Washed in Christ’s blood 1 pet 1:2
Member of Christ and His church
1 cor 12:13
Put on Christ gal 3:27
Died with Christ rom 6:3
Risen with Christ col 2:12
Sealed by God in the ark of salvation 1 pet 3:20-21
Sealed with the Holy Spirit eph 1:13
And none by “faith alone”!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

what about the divinity of Christ?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the divinity of Christ and the holy trinity are Christian doctrine to deny them is to deny salvation and not be Christian

Matt 28:19 Christian initiation into the new covenant is by baptism in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit

Your first sentence is correct. I never said otherwise.

However, one becomes a Christian by accepting Christ's sacrifice on their behalf, not by baptism. Baptism (by immersion, not sprinkling) is a statement that one is symbolically buried with Christ and reborn into a new life. Romans 6:4-5, "Therefore we have been buried with him through baptism into death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too may live a new life. For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we will certainly also be united in the likeness of his resurrection."

Reactions: Stan B

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your first sentence is correct. I never said otherwise.

However, one becomes a Christian by accepting Christ's sacrifice on their behalf, not by baptism. Baptism (by immersion, not sprinkling) is a statement that one is symbolically buried with Christ and reborn into a new life. Romans 6:4-5, "Therefore we have been buried with him through baptism into death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too may live a new life. For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we will certainly also be united in the likeness of his resurrection."

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Effects of baptism!

With these effects:

“Faith alone”

Questions

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is not found in scripture?

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???

When we first believed we are saved?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants!
It is a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

Baptism!

Effects of baptism!

With these effects:

More RCC propaganda. Baptism is a rite that symbolically states our death to the old, carnal man and the reborn life in Christ. It doesn't mean anything more than that. You do not have to be baptized to be a Christian, i.e., be a new creation in Christ.

"Faith and baptism accomplish justification" is half right.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More RCC propaganda. Baptism is a rite that symbolically states our death to the old, carnal man and the reborn life in Christ. It doesn't mean anything more than that. You do not have to be baptized to be a Christian, i.e., be a new creation in Christ.

"Faith and baptism accomplish justification" is half right.

how do you put on Christ?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how do you put on Christ?

Romans 13:13-14, "Let us live decently as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and sensuality, not in discord and jealousy. Instead, put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh to arouse its desires."

You don't know this?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 13:13-14, "Let us live decently as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and sensuality, not in discord and jealousy. Instead, put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh to arouse its desires."

You don't know this?

I did not ask why

I asked how?