7 PAGAN FESTIVALS WE STILL CELEBRATE TODAY ~ under the guise of Christian celebrations and names.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REPEAT = "Squirting water on babies doesn't do anything... " = RINSE and REPEAT
I was responding to...

Why should they?

What the believe is not even in God's Word because catholicism is a cult.

And heed not the drunk Martin Luther either!

I'll stick with follow Jesus.... all others are posers unless they are saying what Jesus says and what Jesus said thru His New Testament Apostles.

Please explain why Jesus and His Apostles never embraced infant baptism in God's Word?

Only adults were baptized after they believed in God's Word.

WITH
Prove it.

Acts 16:15 And when she and her household had been baptized, she urged us, saying, “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house and stay.” And she prevailed upon us.

Acts 16:33 And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

1 Corinthians 1:16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized any other.

Prove that the households mentioned here had no young children or babes.

Nothing about squirting, sprinkling, pouring, or immersion.scratch.gif

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can cite any modern 'source' you like. I'll stick with the Bishop of Antioch who learned these things from the apostle John, was ordained by the apostles, and commended by Polycarp, Bishop of Smyrna.

"To the angel of the church in Smyrna, write this: " 'The first and the last, who once died but came to life, says this:

"I know your tribulation and poverty, but you are rich. 9 I know the slander of those who claim to be Jews and are not, but rather are members of the assembly of Satan.

Do not be afraid of anything that you are going to suffer. Indeed, the devil will throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will face an ordeal for ten days. Remain faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

So then, Jesus commends Smyrna and Smyrna commends Antioch..

Pax et Bonum

BTW. I am not Catholic...

Prove it.

Acts 16:15 And when she and her household had been baptized, she urged us, saying, “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house and stay.” And she prevailed upon us.

Acts 16:33 And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

1 Corinthians 1:16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized any other.

Where did Jesus command babies need Baptism?
;)

When we are to become like little children to inherit the kingdom, this after our being reborn, thinking babies souls are damned is ungrounded in scripture.

Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

Mark16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Babies are incapable of making a conscious choice to believe the Gospel.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REPEAT = "Squirting water on babies doesn't do anything... " = RINSE and REPEAT
BUT

NO one has ever been able to tell me what the little font was for.....

I have been seeking for well over a year.

1698007136934.png

Ziad al-Bandak, head of the Restoration Commission for the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, West Bank, reveals an ancient baptismal font discovered inside another, newer font. The newfound font is estimated to date from 501 to 600 A.D. (Image credit: Credit: Wisam Hashlamoun/Anadolu Agency/Getty)

The Church of the Nativity — a World Heritage site believed to house the birthplace of Jesus in the West Bank city of Bethlehem — is apparently so holy that there are baptismal fonts coming out of the baptismal fonts.

In a news conference earlier this week, Ziad al-Bandak, head of the committee tasked with restoring the famous church, announced that archaeologists had discovered a baptismal font (a basin of water used for baptisms) dating to the 6th or 7th century A.D. hidden inside another, older baptismal font, the Palestinian news site Wafa.pn reported.

According to al-Bandak, the newly discovered font appears to be made of the same sort of stone as the church's columns, meaning it could be nearly as old as the church itself, which dates to the 4th century A.D.

Few other details about the object are available at this time, but al-Bandak noted that experts from the Palestinian Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities and abroad have been invited to study the font and get a better sense of the church's history. [In Photos: The Birthplace of Jesus]

The Church of the Nativity has been under renovation since 2013, and the project has already turned up some surprise treasures, including a gorgeous Byzantine angel mosaic uncovered by Italian researchers in 2016.

Originally commissioned around the year A.D. 326, the church stands atop a grotto that has been considered the traditional birthplace of Jesus since the 2nd century A.D. The church remains open during the renovations, and continues to attract pilgrims and tourists from around the world.

1698007470465.png

Reactions: Philip James

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BUT

View attachment 37290
Ziad al-Bandak, head of the Restoration Commission for the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, West Bank, reveals an ancient baptismal font discovered inside another, newer font. The newfound font is estimated to date from 501 to 600 A.D. (Image credit: Credit: Wisam Hashlamoun/Anadolu Agency/Getty)

The Church of the Nativity — a World Heritage site believed to house the birthplace of Jesus in the West Bank city of Bethlehem — is apparently so holy that there are baptismal fonts coming out of the baptismal fonts.

In a news conference earlier this week, Ziad al-Bandak, head of the committee tasked with restoring the famous church, announced that archaeologists had discovered a baptismal font (a basin of water used for baptisms) dating to the 6th or 7th century A.D. hidden inside another, older baptismal font, the Palestinian news site Wafa.pn reported.

According to al-Bandak, the newly discovered font appears to be made of the same sort of stone as the church's columns, meaning it could be nearly as old as the church itself, which dates to the 4th century A.D.

Few other details about the object are available at this time, but al-Bandak noted that experts from the Palestinian Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities and abroad have been invited to study the font and get a better sense of the church's history. [In Photos: The Birthplace of Jesus]

The Church of the Nativity has been under renovation since 2013, and the project has already turned up some surprise treasures, including a gorgeous Byzantine angel mosaic uncovered by Italian researchers in 2016.

Originally commissioned around the year A.D. 326, the church stands atop a grotto that has been considered the traditional birthplace of Jesus since the 2nd century A.D. The church remains open during the renovations, and continues to attract pilgrims and tourists from around the world.

View attachment 37291
I'll give it a shot.

If one is implying that little font was for infant emersion baptism of babies,they'd then have to explain why the church stopped the emersion rite and moved to sprinkling babies to this day.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did Jesus command babies need Baptism?
;)

When we are to become like little children to inherit the kingdom, this after our being reborn, thinking babies souls are damned is ungrounded in scripture.

Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

Mark16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Babies are incapable of making a conscious choice to believe the Gospel.

EXPLAIN THESE...... There has to be a reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is nowhere in any of the chapters that talk of how the baptisms came about that say
Whoever believes applied to all family memebers.

The Jailor...

30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. 33 And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized. 34 Now when he had brought them into his house, he set food before them; and he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household.

( note: The jailor was initially told...“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” This was upon his asking how to be saved. 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. And immediately he and all his family were baptized. So who made up all his family? Any children? )

Lydia...

14 Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul. 15 And when she and her household were baptized, she begged us, saying, “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay.” So she persuaded us.

(note: This only says she heard... not even others in her household.... yet they all were baptised.)

Stephanas

16.And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.

(note; no mention of who was talked to before the entire household was baptised.)

AND here is a biggie.... 1 Cor 7:14 EVEN THOUGH NOT ABOUT BAPTISM.

For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.

If a believing spouse can sanctify their unbelieving spouse... which results in children being holy... (Sanctification is a Christian teaching about how God transforms a person, making them fit for a holy purpose.)

SANCTIFICATION (קָדﯴשׁ, H7705, ἁγιασμός, G40, santification, moral purity, sanctity; cf. Lat. sanctus facere, “to make holy”). One of the most important concepts in Biblical and historical theology, this term and its cognates appear more than a thousand times in the Scriptures. Sanctification may be defined as the process of acquiring sanctity or holiness as a result of association with deity. Its synonyms are consecration, dedication, holiness, and perfection.

So, as we are told in 1 Cor 7:14 a believing can sanctify their unbelieving spouse which results in children being holy

Why can't those children who may be baptised when the rest of the family is ....count? For we do not know who was baptised in the 3 examples above.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll give it a shot.

If one is implying that little font was for infant emersion baptism of babies,they'd then have to explain why the church stopped the emersion rite and moved to sprinkling babies to this day.
LOL... not to make light of this subject but I can think of one or two reasons.

Could be the babies cried too much when their faces and heads got wet.

Could be that , God forbid, they slipped and nearly drowned?

Could be neither of these and it became a foot bath?

OR Maybe so the priest could wash his hands before performing the baptism?

We, BTW, have a RCC not far from me and they immerse.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll give it a shot.

An interesting read....

CHURCH HISTORY: WHEN DID CHURCHES STOP BAPTIZING BY IMMERSION?​

Timothy Paul Jones

As part of my research for the chapter on baptism in a book written by the faculty of Southern Seminary, one of the questions I wanted to answer was, “When did churches leave behind the New Testament practice of immersion?” The answer is, “Far later than you probably think.”

Most of the students I teach seem to assume that the practice of immersion was already long-forgotten by the time of the Reformation—but this assumption doesn’t fit the historical facts. The facts are considerably more complex, but this much is clear: baptism by immersion was far from forgotten in the Western church in the era of the Reformation.

Baptism by Immersion in the New Testament

The strongest argument for baptism by immersion is the word itself. Outside the New Testament, the Greek verb translated “baptize” described everything from the submerging of seaweeds and the sinking of a ship to the fate of an ape who was drowned by a dolphin—all of which required immersion. In the Greek translation of the Old Testament, the word translated “baptize” in the New Testament described Naaman’s sevenfold immersion in the Jordan River (2 Kings 5:14).

New Testament descriptions of baptism also suggest immersion as the original mode of baptism. John the Baptist chose to baptize in a particular location because water was plentiful in that place (John 3:23)—a concern that would have been irrelevant if John had considered pouring to be sufficient. In Christian baptism, believers are “buried … by baptism into death” (Romans 6:4; see also Colossians 2:11-12). This metaphorical connection between death and baptism makes the sense only if the mode of baptism meaningfully symbolizes the drowning of the believer’s old self.

Baptism by Immersion in Ancient and Medieval Churches

An ancient document known as the Didache provides us with the earliest surviving baptismal instructions outside the New Testament. According to this text, believers were to be plunged in flowing water after a period of instruction and fasting. The Didache did make a concession that allowed water to be poured over the head three times—but only if immersion was impossible (Didache 7:1). This concession may have been made for the purpose of allowing for the possibility of deathbed baptisms.

So how long did the practice of immersion persist?

One of John Chrysostom’s sermons from the late fourth century suggests that threefold dipping of the head may have been accepted in the Eastern churches as a valid mode of baptism for those who had confessed faith in Christ: “When we immerse our heads in the water, the old humanity is buried as in a tomb below and wholly submerged forever. … This is done three times so that you may learn the power of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit” (Homilies on John 25:2). Even though this was not an immersion of the whole body, baptism was still understood to require dipping in the water, not merely pouring or sprinkling. Still today, Eastern Orthodox churches baptize infants by immersion.

shutterstock_514387807-300x200.jpg

In Western churches, full immersion seems to have remained the most common mode of baptism well into the Middle Ages, even for the baptism of infants. Clear evidence of this pattern can be found in the thirteenth century. In that era, baptism by full immersion was still—according to Roman Catholic theologian Thomas Aquinas—”the more common practice” (Summa theologica, p. 3; q. 66; art. 7). Other modes of baptism were known, but immersion predominated.

Baptism in Early Modern Contexts​

Even in the mid-sixteenth century, the Book of Common Prayer prescribed immersion for infants and allowed pouring only if the child was sickly. This immersion clearly involved the whole body, not merely the head:

The prieste … naming the childe, shall dyppe it in the water thryse. First dypping the ryght syde: Seconde the left syde: The thryd tyme dippyng the face towards the fonte. … If the childe be weake, it shall suffice to powre water upon it.
In the seventeenth century, Puritan pastor Charles Chauncy was removed from his pulpit for requiring immersion of infants. It is clear from the discussions of Chauncy’s practices that, by this point, immersion was a less common practice in England. The primary concern was not, however, the mode itself but the perceived danger to the health of the children.

And so, when seventeenth-century Baptists described baptism as being “dipped for dead in the water,” immersion was not a long-lost relic from the distant past. Immersion had been the practice of the earliest Christians, and this mode had still been practiced—albeit with infants instead of believers—well into the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.

shutterstock_454469752.jpg

Three Points to Teach Your Church about Baptism

(1) The meaning matters. Contemporary churches have, in many cases, tended toward one of two unhealthy perspectives on baptism. Some devalue baptism by treating the ordinance as an optional add-on for Christians who want to become church members. Other churches misvalue baptism by seeing it as either the initiation or the culmination of an individual’s salvation. Both approaches misconstrue the biblical understanding of baptism. From the giving of the Great Commission forward, the New Testament knows nothing of an unbaptized believer. Baptism was never optional; to be a follower of Jesus Christ was to be baptized into the community of Christ’s people (1 Corinthians 12:13). Yet the reason that baptism is obligatory is not because anyone’s justification depends on the proper performance of this ordinance. Baptism is obligatory because it is the divinely-ordained sign of the believer’s union with Christ and with his people, commanded by Christ himself.

(2) The mode matters. The terms translated “baptize” and “baptism” in the New Testament implied immersion. Baptism signifies a drowning of the believer’s old life, after which believers are—in the words of the apostle Paul—lifted up “to live and walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4). Other modes of baptism dilute the deep symbolism that Scripture ascribes to the sacrament of baptism.

(3) Incorporation precedes participation. Through baptism, the church identifies the new believer as a member of the new covenant community. Because baptism is the visible sign of union with the body of Christ, it is prerequisite to church fellowship, and to participation in the Lord’s Supper. This limitation of the Lord’s Supper to those who have been baptized was not an invention of the Roman Catholic Church or the Reformation, nor is this practice unique to Baptists. Less than a century after the last words of the New Testament were written, the church manual known as the Didache limited the Lord’s Supper to the baptized and cited the words of Jesus forbidding his followers to “give what is holy to dogs” to support this limitation (Matthew 7:6). This limitation provides the church with a regular reminder that no one drifts inadvertently into the kingdom of Christ. The gospel demands a personal and particular response from every person, and baptism stands as the God-ordained sign of this response.

At a time when some church leaders have urged the practice of “belonging before believing”—encouraging unbelievers to participate fully in Christian community before trusting in Jesus—this requirement of baptism prior to participation is radically counter-cultural. To be sure, every church should be an outpost of God’s kingdom that practices hospitality toward unbelievers and seeks the flourishing of communities–but the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper mark the church itself as a place that is at once inclusive and exclusive. The church is inclusive because the church is the community that offers the gospel freely and indiscriminately to everyone. The church is at the same time exclusive, because faith in Christ and incorporation into the body of Christ must precede participation in the benefits and blessings of this community. Baptism is the God-ordained sign of grace that marks our incorporation into this glorious body.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EXPLAIN THESE...... There has to be a reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is nowhere in any of the chapters that talk of how the baptisms came about that say
Whoever believes applied to all family memebers.

The Jailor...

30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. 33 And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized. 34 Now when he had brought them into his house, he set food before them; and he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household.

( note: The jailor was initially told...“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” This was upon his asking how to be saved. 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. And immediately he and all his family were baptized. So who made up all his family? Any children? )

Lydia...

14 Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul. 15 And when she and her household were baptized, she begged us, saying, “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay.” So she persuaded us.

(note: This only says she heard... not even others in her household.... yet they all were baptised.)

Stephanas

16.And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.

(note; no mention of who was talked to before the entire household was baptised.)

AND here is a biggie.... 1 Cor 7:14 EVEN THOUGH NOT ABOUT BAPTISM.

For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.

If a believing spouse can sanctify their unbelieving spouse... which results in children being holy... (Sanctification is a Christian teaching about how God transforms a person, making them fit for a holy purpose.)

SANCTIFICATION (קָדﯴשׁ, H7705, ἁγιασμός, G40, santification, moral purity, sanctity; cf. Lat. sanctus facere, “to make holy”). One of the most important concepts in Biblical and historical theology, this term and its cognates appear more than a thousand times in the Scriptures. Sanctification may be defined as the process of acquiring sanctity or holiness as a result of association with deity. Its synonyms are consecration, dedication, holiness, and perfection.

So, as we are told in 1 Cor 7:14 a believing can sanctify their unbelieving spouse which results in children being holy

Why can't those children who may be baptised when the rest of the family is ....count? For we do not know who was baptised in the 3 examples above.
We supposedly know. But we don't know if there were babies in the house.

And if an unbelieving spouse is sanctified through their believer spouse, that makes one to question the command, believers not be unequally yoked with believers.

However,if we go with sanctification in that way then how is a baby born to a believing mother needing baptism? A unbelieving spouse is sanctified by their believing spouse, a newborn certainly must be.

Romans 5:18 - Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

In order to believe newborns,born by God's will, are damned necessarily means imputed sin,original sin, exists.

Which is contrary to what God said in Deuteronomy 24:16. Which actually contradicts what God decreed earlier in Exodus 34:7.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL... not to make light of this subject but I can think of one or two reasons.

Could be the babies cried too much when their faces and heads got wet.

Could be that , God forbid, they slipped and nearly drowned?

Could be neither of these and it became a foot bath?

OR Maybe so the priest could wash his hands before performing the baptism?

We, BTW, have a RCC not far from me and they immerse.
Sure. Emersion is an option,though not usual with babies. Affusion, is an option usually afforded newborns. And there's also sprinkling.

But again,newborns do not need be baptized.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The Vatican’s creepy sculpture behind the pope – What you should know​

Introduction​

Ever heard about the ‘demonic’ idol in the Vatican? Well, this refers to the large modern sculpture depicting the resurrection of Jesus, a backdrop work of art behind the stage in Paul VI Audience Hall.

The Paul VI Audience Halls draws many conspiracy theories not only due to this sculpture that people swear is a demonic representation and a serpent idol, but also because the design of the hall makes many associate it with snake imagery.

The hall is where the pope holds his weekly audiences with believers when the weather is not suitable for outdoor audiences at St. Peter’s Square.

Back to the sculpture, what is it and why do people associate it with serpents and demons?

The Resurrection is a colossal sculpture created by Pericle Fazzini and measures an impressive 66-ft by 23-ft by 10ft. It depicts Jesus rising from the crater of a nuclear bomb in the Garden of Gethsemane...

...Being situated as it is at the most prominent place in Paul VI Audience Hall is a way to remind the audience that as Christians, they should not fear the second coming of Jesus Christ. Instead, they should be aware that their pilgrimage and faith in this world is a continuous Advent. It lifts them up to reach the definitive encounter with Jesus Christ.

Indeed, The Resurrection mirrors the fatalistic touch that surrounds all thought of the second coming of Jesus Christ. When Christians think of the Second Coming of Christ, there is something awe-inspiring about this event.

What it shows​

Occupying the entire middle section of the wall behind the stage, at its center is the risen Christ, majestically soaring amidst the chaos that tells of death. He has long hair and a beard that both look like they are being moved about by the wind; his face has the look of inner pain.

The chaos is represented through the collection of natural elements fused with each other though they are not well defined. These depict rocks, roots and twigs.

The sculpture’s uncomfortably contorted shapes that depict the chaos from which a rising Christ emerges is fitting of the great event of which it tries to portray.

It looks scary because it is meant to be scary.

After all, rising from a nuclear bomb crater can hardly be considered a calm and passive endeavor.

Inspiration​

According to Fazzini, the inspiration to create this artwork was because he pictured the idea of Christ preaching peace for two millennia in the place where he last prayed – the olive grove of Gethsemane. He then conceives the moment of the Resurrection as an explosion from the earth that disrupts the garden as such following in the New York Times2:

I had the idea of depicting Christ as if He were rising again from the explosion of this large olive grove, peaceful site of His last prayers. Christ rises from this crater torn open by a nuclear bomb; an atrocious explosion, a vortex of violence and energy.

Analysis​

When you think of artworks with religious connotations, it makes sense why they would feature themes linked to the condition of mankind. Therefore, the artist often places themselves in the presence of pain and has the desire to have the answers or give the answer to the question of existence, death, resurrection, etc.

Fazzini drew from the nuclear tension-filled landscape of the Cold War era and used it to give meaning to the obscure event that is the resurrection of Christ. The resulting picture is disturbing and problematic.

The sculpture reflects the situation of a secularized and fearful era where the world’s emerging superpowers have it under the threat of a nuclear war of epic apocalyptic proportions. This sculpture thus may cause discomfort among viewers even at the time the fatalistic theme was too close to reality.

While the rising Christ is meant to be a soothing figure for Christians in the face of the chaos, at the time, it must have also induced fear, knowing that the threat of the world ending fatally was very real. It thus assumed a Biblical sense of prophecy frighteningly similar to what is described in the book of Revelations and drawing from the situation that was ongoing in real life.

Though mankind has gone past the state of tension and fear that characterized the Cold War Era, there are many other hopeless and seemingly destructive events and disasters that humans experience.

These form the basis of the chaos from which one can find hope, such as in the case of the rising Christ, emerging from the chaos of destruction and death. As such, while the sculpture may be ominous and inspire discomfort, it is also a reminder of the hope that one gets if they put their faith in Christ.

The artist here plays the role of a protagonist who uses different themes, ideologies, styles and imagery to give hope to those shackled by the violence and fear that characterizes the world.

This sculpture thus is, in essence, a crying defense of mankind by depicting the dawn of the second coming of Christ that even though he goes through agony in emerging from the destruction caused by humans upon themselves, he is ready to show compassion and give hope to the same humans.

This shows the inherent moral strength that Christ possesses and is a reminder that we should try to emulate the same. And since artists are able to reflect the situation at the time of creating their work, it is only natural that Fazzini chose to depict the season at the time just like other artists drew from seasons in real life such as the genocides, war, concentration camps, technological advancements, etc.

These artists do not allow themselves to be gagged and choose to represent real life as they fit, and in this case, Fazzini excelled at it.
read more here

Attachments

• 1697980469663.png
    1697980469663.png
    994.6 KB · Views: 3

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BUT

View attachment 37290

View attachment 37291

Water baptism is for those who are of age to know Who the Truth is = usually starting at age 12.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

This is why you don’t baptise infants.....:eek:

Full immersion baptism is for adults and older children who are of age to make that choice....you cannot baptize anyone by proxy, and it isn’t the baptism itself that is important, or else we would baptise ourselves every time we had a bath. It’s what baptism symbolises that is important.....a choice to become a disciple of Christ. That cannot be imposed on an infant who has no choice in the matter.

Full immersion baptism of an infant is actually child abuse because there is no infant baptisms spoken about. It is based on the assumption that “households” were baptised which some say had to include infants, but it does not mention infants. Besides, it is physically dangerous to put a baby’s head under water, as inhaling at the wrong time when gasping for air could cause water to get into the lungs, setting an infant up for pneumonia.

Peter likened coming through the waters of baptism to Noah coming through the waters of the flood.
His obedience to God in preparing himself and his family, saving them through the flood, is pictorial.

1 Peter 3:18-21...
“For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.19 And in this state he went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who had formerly been disobedient when God was patiently waiting in Noah’s day, while the ark was being constructed, in which a few people, that is, eight souls, were carried safely through the water.

21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, is also now saving you (not by the removing of the filth of the flesh, but by the request to God for a good conscience), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.”

Baptism has to be a choice and minor children are counted as holy if their parent(s) are believers.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The understanding that I pray for does not come from your doctrine. It comes from God, the Word in whom is life who became flesh and told us that the words He speaks to us are Spirit and are life.

I'd like to know, in your imagination, are you eating the flesh of the dead Christ or of the risen Christ when you eat the wafer?
I'll let the 1st century Bishop and discipled of the Apostle John, Ignatius of Antioch answer that . . .
Ignatius of Antioch
Take note of those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ which has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God. . . . They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6:2-7:1 [A.D. 107]).

In Hebrew, Bethlehem means “House of Bread”. In Arabic, it’s “House of Meat”.

It’s interesting how Protestants have completely missed the overwhelming symbolism in the fact that the Bread of Life was served up on a feeding trough in the
house of Bread . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heed not that man charles russell . HE is FALSE . Heed not calivin , heed not mormonism
Yes, I thought by my post you would have seen that I already know that . . .
Heed not THE RCC . time we open the bible for ourselves and start learning .
You mean, like the tens of thousands of other disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant factions that have read it for "themselves" abd ALL teach dufferent and competing doctrines?

No thatks - I'll stick with Christ's Church, my confused friend . . .

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism has to be a choice and minor children are counted as holy if their parent(s) are believers.
Well, I knew a woman once who baptised her 2 older daughters, then when her tubes came untied refused to consider for the next 4.

She said it was up to them when they grew up if they wanted to.

As far as I know none did.

One oven died from an over dose on drugs.

Would baptism have save them. NO.

But a regular dose of church going would have helped.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I thought by my post you would have seen that I already know that . . .

You mean, like the tens of thousands of other disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant factions that have read it for "themselves" abd ALL teach dufferent and competing doctrines?

No thatks - I'll stick with Christ's Church, my confused friend . . .
But your Orthodox counter part that started at the same time as you did then the split came
claims it is Christ's Church and you are wrong.