7 PAGAN FESTIVALS WE STILL CELEBRATE TODAY ~ under the guise of Christian celebrations and names.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that truly the only births worth true celebration are The glorious Lord and
my born again birthday and i do remember the birth days of others . However i do not celebrate my own birthday .
have not for years and years . Speaking of birthdays i am gonna turn eighteen on may thirtieth , Lord willing .
The big eighteen is sneaking up . I can actually remember my birth , the day it occured .
it was in the afternoon of may thirtieth two thousand and six . LET THE LORD be praised .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it appears a new decade is sneaking up my friend . King david was seventy in the year he went away .
Not all live to be that age . And by the SIGNS of the TIMES i dont expect many years or even months left in this world .
But i do see seventy is approaching for someone . Its just one day closer to being present with the LORD .
There is no need to fear age , there is no need to fear death . WITH JESUS the lambs never die
and who can count the age of eternity , who can number those days . they are without END . ponder on the beauty of that fora bit .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that truly the only births worth true celebration are The glorious Lord and
my born again birthday and i do remember the birth days of others . However i do not celebrate my own birthday .
have not for years and years . Speaking of birthdays i am gonna turn eighteen on may thirtieth , Lord willing .
The big eighteen is sneaking up . I can actually remember my birth , the day it occured .
it was in the afternoon of may thirtieth two thousand and six . LET THE LORD be praised .
Then for you , that is what you celebrate!

But for many others they wish to honor and remember the day someone was born by celebrating its annual anniversary! That is fine as well! Romans 14.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then for you , that is what you celebrate!

But for many others they wish to honor and remember the day someone was born by celebrating its annual anniversary! That is fine as well! Romans 14.
read and then reread real slowly that which i had written . I said i do remember the birthday of others .
speaking of romans fourteen , it do NOT apply to sin
but only to meats , to drinks and to days . Never let a clown CLOWN YA
into believing if one is sinning and though he thinketh it is fine and good , that somehow HE or she is not sinning .
for many rainbows i do see , much love of money i do see , and many other sins do i see
and yet TRY CORRECTING THEM and i get told ROMANS FOURTEEN . yet romans fourteen
pertains to meats and drinks , that which entereth into the stomach and unto Days
such as the celebrations or observance of jewish days . example . sabbath , example the festival of first fruits .
WHAT ROMANS FOURTEEN DONT COVER and AINT EXCUSING is SIN . OH YES , NO SIN IS TO BE ACCEPTED
let us remember that and remember that WELL the next time one is trying to excuse SIN and tries so very hard
to use romans fourteen to do so . remember , meats , drinks , what you actually put in your mouth to digest
and days . NOW as far as DAYS are concerned , IT IS SIN TO CELEBRATE WHAT IS PAGAN . SO lets not forget that either .
PS , i aint talking about birthdays either .
I speak of that which is mixed . that which has and has come forth of that which is evil .
EVEN THOUGH many folks see not the evil . IT BE THERE MY FRIEND .
ALWAYS remember its fine and okay to remember things about the LORD . Like his birth , his ressurection
etc . BUT when we do remember , when we do honor , DONT DO SO WITH THE PAGAN .
example . KICK THE BUNNY AND EGGS THE HELL OUT OF PASSOVER
KICK THE CHRISTMAS TREES and satan clause and etc the HECK OUT OF the remebrance of his birth .
ITS will never HONOR GOD . i know , i know most folks think it do , BUT WITH THESE THINGS GOD IS NOT WELL PLEASED .
SO HONOR HIM but let us do so in ways that actually HONOR HIM . and blending in the pagan with the holy
DONT HONOR HIM at all .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and by all means remember that when folks try and make excuse for the unholy day of the dead
known as HELLOWEEN . that darn thing is wicked to the core . and candy and kisses dont make it okay either .
That unholy wicked celebration is of all evil peroid . yet , just watch , someone gonna probably
try and tell me ROMANS FOURTEEN . WRONG AGAIN . SIN AINT COVERED BY ROMANS FOURTEEN .
that celebration is a wicked to the core and timothy got beat down like a dog in the streets exposing it
but the church now hollers DONT JUDGE ROMANS FOURTEEN . TIMOTHY DIED exposing it
but todays church says DONT JUDGE ROMANS FOURTEEN . as though that wicked thing pertains to days .

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a born again Christian. I honour Jesus' birth, death and resurrection because without them I would still be a sinner unreconciled with God. Now Christians can honour these events at any time of the year but it is lovely to know that at certain times we are all honouring them at the same time together as the Church of Christ - his body.

Obviously we all know that wasn't the actual date of his birth but since nobody knows for certain what that is we have it as his 'official' birthday - a bit like the UK monarchs have real birthdays celebrated by family and personal friends and also official public ones.

People can call it what they want but the reason for these 'celebration' is Jesus and if it's about him then it's not wrong.

Only people who don't understand that would call it pagan.
I was born again and as my faith and understanding has grown, I have been convicted by the Holy Spirit to live each moment in honor to God and what Jesus did at the cross. If more believers lived that way everyday then how much more would our testimony be. Man has created observance days and I have seen so many use these days for worldly things, Santa, presents, candy, food, parties, decorations, hiding eggs, taking pictures but where is the glorifying the ONE who they claim it is about?

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was born again and as my faith and understanding has grown, I have been convicted by the Holy Spirit to live each moment in honor to God and what Jesus did at the cross. If more believers lived that way everyday then how much more would our testimony be. Man has created observance days and I have seen so many use these days for worldly things, Santa, presents, candy, food, parties, decorations, hiding eggs, taking pictures but where is the glorifying the ONE who they claim it is about?
allow me another question .
DOES EVIL HONOR GOD .
NOPE .
SO even if i honor and remember certain days and events concering GOD and HIS CHRIST
IF I DO SO WITH EVIL pratices , DO IT REALLY HONOR GOD .
now try and remember what GOD told the jews who tried to serve both HIM and baal .
TRY hard and remember what GOD told them middle of the fence riders .
IF YOU want to serve baal THEN GO DO IT , BUT YOU HAD BETTER LEAVE MY NAME OUT OF IT .
ONE cannot serve two masters . and man that is a fact .
THE pagan unholy pratices cannot be mixed into the HOLY and that too be a fact .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Man has created observance days and I have seen so many use these days for worldly things, Santa, presents, candy, food, parties, decorations, hiding eggs, taking pictures but where is the glorifying the ONE who they claim it is about?
I agree, but a Christian doesn't have to follow the world. We can celebrate without all the trappings. But didn't feasting go on in the bible?

Reactions: The Learner

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, but a Christian doesn't have to follow the world. We can celebrate without all the trappings. But didn't feasting go on in the bible?
Lots of things have happened in history that are recorded in the scriptures. But we must look at what God has willed and commanded. Even in Jeremiah 7 - The Lord warned people about their worship/celebrations to Him. They were using festivals and His temple in ways that did not align with His purpose/standards. Luke 19:45, Jesus went to the temple courts and rebuked the activities going on at the temple and quotes from Jeremiah 7:11. We are His temple and must treat everyday as a house of prayer. Not just days created by man for man's purpose. Luke 19:47 Everyday Jesus was teaching at the temple.

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have cable TV?
I don't watch hollywood movies or have cable. I watch PureFlix and only listen to Christian worship music.

I am not perfect and am a sinner too and my sin will manifest different than yours but we are all sinners. that is not the argument.

I am saying many will call a day of observance but in turn maybe devote very little time to actual honor and thank God for what He has done.

The phrase "do Christmas" and "have Easter" is describing exchanging gifts and having a meal

This is my belief and you don't have to agree.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't watch hollywood movies or have cable. I watch PureFlix and only listen to Christian worship music.
The phrase "do Christmas" and "have Easter" is describing exchanging gifts and having a meal.

and you only use the Internet to talk on Christian forums..

Well that's good to know. as i also dont use Social Media sites, other then Christian Forums, or, some Music Related secular forums, that are not related to Facebook or "X" or Instagram, or similar, brain dead gossip and opinion centers.

And regarding Christmas and Easter... well, you might try baking a Birthday Cake for Jesus and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus on Dec 25, and just ignore the "pagan" aspect.
Jesus wont mind.

If you hate Halloween, then thats fine.. Dont dress up as the Pope.

And the thing about Easter.. is... once we start trying to find out what's "pagan" in the "church">... then out goes the Catholic Church, and out goes the "Steeple" on any Church as that is a "phallic" symbol sitting up there, ( do a history seach on it)..

So, all of this stuff is "majoring in the minors" and isn't important.
Its no different then obsessing on "which Trib" or.. "is the Trinity True". or "OSAS".

Its just a rabbit hole and there are better ways to spend your time on a Christian Forum, or in life.

Last edited:

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and you only use the Internet to talk on Christian forums..

Well that's good to know.

And regarding Christmas and Easter... well, you might try baking a Birthday Cake for Jesus and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus on Dec 25, and just ignore the "pagan" aspect.
Jesus wont mind.

And the thing about Easter.. is... once we start trying to find out what's "pagan" then out goes the Catholic Church, and out goes the "Steeple" on any Church as that is a "phallic" symbol sitting up there, ( do a history seach on it)..

So, all of this stuff is "majoring in the minors" and isn't important.
Its no different then obsessing on "which Trib" or.. "is the Trinity True".

Its just a rabbit hole and there are better ways to spend your time on a Forum, or in life.
I strongly oppose the Catholic Church!!

I use the internet to watch sermons, see conservation news, and listen to worship. sometimes look at cooking or gardening tips.

I don't have many friends, teach 2 Bible Study groups, live alone and work on my yard/flower garden. I volunteer with a church and am a mentor to several young ladies.

I know my sinful flesh limits me from loving the Lord our God with all my heart, mind, and soul (Det 6:5) yet that is what I seek more than anything else.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

And you should.

The correct title for this "water cult", is "The cult of Mary" as that was its original title, cicu 4-5 AD
I use the internet to watch sermons, see conservation news, and listen to worship. sometimes look at cooking or gardening tips.

You can also search for food recipes and use it for shopping, and Jesus won't mind.

Youtube is good when you need to know "how to fix a broken".....

So, the Internet is GOOD, but you have to use it with caution.

I don't have many friends, teach 2 Bible Study groups, live alone and work on my yard/flower garden.

I have no idea what you actually believe, as on this Thread, you seem to just want to talk about your idea of "walk of Faith or "discipleship", or "why Christmas is evil".. etc.
Hopefully you are not a Mormon or a JW or someone who believes you can lose your salvation.

I volunteer with a church and am a mentor to several young ladies.

This is good work.

I know my sinful flesh limits me from loving the Lord our God with all my heart, mind, and soul (Det 6:5) yet that is what I seek more than anything else.

If you have a sinful flesh issue then you are not understanding that you are "made free from sin" and are not walking in the Grace of God correctly.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a truth.

HOWEVER... it must be said there are no celebrations of Christmas or any other holiday that Christians may celebrate as one that is Christian.... The RCC celebrates a lot of things... including Dec. 8th where they celebrate the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.

IOW... in the New Testament, there was no instruction for any "Christian" celebration of anything. (Just the casual mention of a wedding where Jesus changed water to wine... but specifics were left out...
Yes, the world Jesus said to be no part of create all the holidays. The only thing Jesus asked to be( remembered) celebrated was the Lords evening meal.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't have many friends, teach 2 Bible Study groups, live alone and work on my yard/flower garden. I volunteer with a church and am a mentor to several young ladies.

It is wise indeed to have no communion with the harlot .
Speaking of the CC , i noticed you said you watch some sermons
So now for a word of caution .
Watch out for many who now lead within the protestant realm have made an unholy alliance with the RCC .
OH YES . many now work as one WITH IT .
Todd white , kenneth copeland , benny hinn and paula white and scores of others .
All bringing us back into UNITY with HER .
I have even seen and heard what kenneth said and did
as well as what TODD white did . and others . THEY ARE BRINGING the entire realm BACK INTO
alliance with the CC . Even rick warren and scores of others . WATCH out .
Many are now focusing on the wrong kind of unity and the wrong kind of love which came of the world .
JESUS is getting trod under foot by this other wordly version of love .
watch out . cause its in many places now . It loveth to use the phrase COMMON GROUND
bridge builders , tearing down walls and etc . The dark one knows how to decieve and to allure
and he will do so using WORDS like love , like tolerance , like unity , like freedom
but beware of what his version of said words imply . Just a friendly reminder my friend .
Healing the Wound is another phrase . watch out .

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is wise indeed to have no communion with the harlot .
Speaking of the CC , i noticed you said you watch some sermons
So now for a word of caution .
Watch out for many who now lead within the protestant realm have made an unholy alliance with the RCC .
OH YES . many now work as one WITH IT .
Todd white , kenneth copeland , benny hinn and paula white and scores of others .
All bringing us back into UNITY with HER .
I have even seen and heard what kenneth said and did
as well as what TODD white did . and others . THEY ARE BRINGING the entire realm BACK INTO
alliance with the CC . Even rick warren and scores of others . WATCH out .
Many are now focusing on the wrong kind of unity and the wrong kind of love which came of the world .
JESUS is getting trod under foot by this other wordly version of love .
watch out . cause its in many places now . It loveth to use the phrase COMMON GROUND
bridge builders , tearing down walls and etc . The dark one knows how to decieve and to allure
and he will do so using WORDS like love , like tolerance , like unity , like freedom
but beware of what his version of said words imply . Just a friendly reminder my friend .
Healing the Wound is another phrase . watch out .
i don't listen to any of those. I have the Holy Spirit and He gives me understanding of the scriptures from my reading. I listen to Skip Heitzig, Gary Hamrick, and few others that you prob never heard of.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't listen to any of those. I have the Holy Spirit and He gives me understanding of the scriptures from my reading. I listen to Skip Heitzig, Gary Hamrick, and few others that you prob never heard of.
Good . as far as Skip and Gary , your right i have never heard of them .
But i am happy to see you dont listen to those others .
Just keep on feasting on the scriptures . Yes indeed . Now lift those hands and praise the glorious MESSIAH CHRIST JESUS