7 PAGAN FESTIVALS WE STILL CELEBRATE TODAY ~ under the guise of Christian celebrations and names.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS never instituted transubstantiation.

NEWS FLASH - the wafer remains a wafer AND the wine/juice remains as wine/juice

NEWS FLASH - Idolatry can be corporate and individualistic and in this case it is BOTH

SALVATION TRUTH FLASH - Flee idolatry
Yes my friend . never sit at the table of a harlot , eat not of her dainties .

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets hit the easiest one first.

Sola Fide (Faith Alone)

is important because it is one of the distinguishing characteristics or key points that separate the true biblical Gospel from false gospels. At stake is the very Gospel itself and it is therefore a matter of eternal life or death.

Getting the Gospel right is of such importance that the Apostle Paul wrote in Galatians 1:9 “As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!”

Paul was questioning on what basis is humanity declared by God to be justified?

Paul was wanting to know if it is by faith alone or by faith combined with works?

And in concluding Paul makes it clear in Galatians and Romans that humanity is “justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law”

Lol: Wonder if Kamala studied him...? He tells us in Galatians 2:16 "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

And I say from my studies the rest of the Bible agrees.

Now, you mentioned also Sola Scriptura (Scripture ALONE)

Fact of the matter is there are 5 Solas and deviating from one will lead to error in another essential doctrine, and the result will almost always be a false gospel which is powerless to save.

The essential Christian doctrines are represented by these five "Latin" phrases which accurately summarize the biblical teaching on these crucial subjects: sola scriptura (Scripture alone), sola fide (faith alone), sola gratia (grace alone), sola Christus (Christ alone), and sola Deo gloria (for the glory of God alone).

Now, since this has been primarily about faith alone, or faith with works I am only going to concentrait on Sola Fide...

This is a key point of difference between not only Protestants and Catholics but between biblical Christianity and almost all other religions and teachings.

The teaching that we are declared righteous by God (justified) on the basis of our faith alone and not by works is a key doctrine of the Bible and a line that divides most CULTS from biblical Christianity.

It is undeniable fact that most religions and cults teach people what works they must do to be saved HOWEVER the Bible teaches that we are not saved by works WE ARE SAVED by God’s grace through His gift of faith ... Ephesians 2: 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and [a]that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Do you not understand that biblical Christianity is distinct from every other religion in that it is centered on what God has accomplished through Christ’s finished work and all other religions are based on human achievement.

Fact..... If we abandon the doctrine of justification by faith, we abandon the only way of salvation.

Do you remember 2 Cor 5:21? He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

What does this mean?.....that those that trust Christ Jesus for justification by faith alone are those that are imputed with His righteousness

Simply said ...Sola fide is the doctrine of justification by faith alone apart from works and is simply recognizing what is taught over and over in Scripture

I wont bore YOU with what the likes of Martin Luther or others you would never study
said on this but I will say That is why Paul so adamantly denounces those who taught law-keeping or other works of righteousness in Galatians 1:9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

But maybe, just maybe you will believe Abraham. He believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.
And know, then, that those who believe are children of Abraham. The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham:
'‘All nations will be blessed through you.’ So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith. All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.’ Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, ‘The righteous will live by faith’” Galatians 3:6-11View attachment 37360
See Eph 2:10 wife will kick me off soon

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My catholic friend -

Dear David,

Thank you, Thats a much better tone :)

I know that you love Jesus! I rejoice in that. How could I not? I love Him too and He loves both of us far more perfectly than we can possibly love each other..
the "daily sacrifice" is NOT referring to Christ

What other 'pure offering' than the LIVING Lamb of God could possibly fulfill Malachi 1:11?

Indeed, truly is this prophecy fulfilled today, for even I as I type this somewhere the sacrifice is being offered and the Feast is being kept by our brothers and sisters..

Further, as a father, it is both my pleasure and my duty to offer the weekly (daily when i'm able) Lamb on behalf of my family in thanksgiving and praise for His many blessings and in reparation for our shortcomings..

And when each feast had run its course, Job would send for them and sanctify them, rising early and offering holocausts for every one of them. For Job said, "It may be that my sons have sinned and blasphemed God in their hearts." This Job did habitually.

Pax et Bonum

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct

But why did/does the Holy Spirit use the word Elohim(Plural/Gods) but it translates in laguage structure as singular 'G_d'???
Probably the same reason that temptation was used in james . in the book of james
we can see it used as temptations of the flesh , sins , lusts etc
we also see it written in the sense of the word PERSEUTIONS too . I think it might be as simple as that .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear David,

Thank you, Thats a much better tone :)

I know that you love Jesus! I rejoice in that. How could I not? I love Him too and He loves both of us far more perfectly than we can possibly love each other..

What other 'pure offering' than the LIVING Lamb of God could possibly fulfill Malachi 1:11?

Indeed, truly is this prophecy fulfilled today, for even I as I type this somewhere the sacrifice is being offered and the Feast is being kept by our brothers and sisters..

Further, as a father, it is both my pleasure and my duty to offer the weekly (daily when i'm able) Lamb on behalf of my family in thanksgiving and praise for His many blessings and in reparation for our shortcomings..

And when each feast had run its course, Job would send for them and sanctify them, rising early and offering holocausts for every one of them. For Job said, "It may be that my sons have sinned and blasphemed God in their hearts." This Job did habitually.

Pax et Bonum
Malaci 1:11
For from the rising of the sun, even to its going down,
My name shall be great among the Gentiles;
In every place incense shall be offered to My name,
And a pure offering;
For My name shall be great among the nations,”
Says the Lord of hosts.

There is no sacrifice mentioned here EXCEPT the sacrifice of our lips offering True Praise from our Redeemed Hearts unto Christ.

Our prayers and praise Rise up to God's Throne as a sweet smelling aroma/incense to Him.

Peace

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably the same reason that temptation was used in james . in the book of james
we can see it used as temptations of the flesh , sins , lusts etc
we also see it written in the sense of the word PERSEUTIONS too . I think it might be as simple as that .
Specifically, 3 men are named as a reference to the ONE True Living G-d = Exodus chapter 3

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct

But why did/does the Holy Spirit use the word Elohim(Plural/Gods) but it translates in laguage structure as singular 'G_d'???
In early modern english the word for temptation was often used also in place of trials .
Folks can get confused at times .
for example when writing HE said GOD TEMPTS NO MAN .
When reading in genesis we will see where it says GOD tempted abraham .
BUT , take note . WHEN he said GOD tempts not man , HE MEANT LUSTS , temptations of the flesh etc .
WHEN GOD TESTED abraham or TRIED HIM , its also seen , but notice the difference .
GOD didnt tempt abraham up to the hill with ten thousand women or something the FLESH LOVETH
Rather it was a TEST , a TRIAL , something the FLESH DONT LOVE at all .
Yet many when reading the bible and trying to find fault and errors , SEE ONLY What they want to see .
GOD does not tempt us , HE does however TEST US through trials .
KEY DIFFERENCE . temptation cometh of the flesh , its lusts .
The trials , THEY COME to test us and the flesh wont embrace it . BUT THE LAMBS SHALL ENDURE it .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In early modern english the word for temptation was often used also in place of trials .
Folks can get confused at times .
for example when writing HE said GOD TEMPTS NO MAN .
When reading in genesis we will see where it says GOD tempted abraham .
BUT , take note . WHEN he said GOD tempts not man , HE MEANT LUSTS , temptations of the flesh etc .
WHEN GOD TESTED abraham or TRIED HIM , its also seen , but notice the difference .
GOD didnt tempt abraham up to the hill with ten thousand women or something the FLESH LOVETH
Rather it was a TEST , a TRIAL , something the FLESH DONT LOVE at all .
Yet many when reading the bible and trying to find fault and errors , SEE ONLY What they want to see .
GOD does not tempt us , HE does however TEST US through trials .
KEY DIFFERENCE . temptation cometh of the flesh , its lusts .
The trials , THEY COME to test us and the flesh wont embrace it . BUT THE LAMBS SHALL ENDURE it .
YES - Big Difference to temptation versus testing = "the testing of our faith"

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wrote that to also show us something . ALL these so called errors FOLKS TRY and ACCUSE the bible of having ,
AINT ERRORS AT ALL . ITS a lack of understanding is all it is . I PROMISE the BIBLE IS TRUTH
and was not inspired of men , BUT OF GOD . but as you know , my friend , many despise that holy book cause it gets in
the way of something they love , SIN . This lamb gonna do all to contend for the true faith , the truth
and the BIBLE IS INSPIRED OF GOD and not men . As YOU KNOW my friend , yet many dont know .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed my friend . WHY DOES GOD TEST US , WHY DOES HE TRY US , FOR OUR OWN GOOD .
That the TRYING OF OUR FAITH , WILL GROW OUR FAITH . GOD Knows what is best for each and every one of us .
That the TRYING of your FAITH ............WORKETH PATIENCE . YEP . GOD IS WITH THE LAMBS

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS , to all who name the name of Christ , TIME TO DEPART FROM ALL INQUITY .
Time to flee a harlots chambers .
Time to flee contrary men who teach for doctrine the precepts of men gone wrong .
This lamb is on HARLOT WATCH . And this lamb will warn against A HARLOT . SEE the dangers , SOUND THE TRUMPET
to alarm the peoples . You all be blessed now . But its high time we get back in the bible for ourselves .
FOR many many many folks have crept in .................and are decieving folks by the hour and by the day with the doctrines of men gone wrong .

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Specifically, 3 men are named as a reference to the ONE True Living G-d = Exodus chapter 3
The LORD appeared to Abraham by the terebinth of Mamre, as he sat in the entrance of his tent, while the day was growing hot.

Looking up, he saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he ran from the entrance of the tent to greet them; and bowing to the ground,

he said: "Sir, if I may ask you this favor, please do not go on past your servant.

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
here is no sacrifice mentioned here EXCEPT the sacrifice of our lips offering True Praise from our Redeemed Hearts unto Christ.

Can our Praise and Thanksgiving be pure unless it be united with the ONE sacrifice of Christ?

You may have learned to fear us, but I assure you that is what we do.. Indeed the very meaning of Eucharist is 'thanksgiving'

And I rejoice that you give thanksgiving and praise to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can our Praise and Thanksgiving be pure unless it be united with the ONE sacrifice of Christ?

You may have learned to fear us, but I assure you that is what we do.. Indeed the very meaning of Eucharist is 'thanksgiving'

And I rejoice that you give thanksgiving and praise to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!

Pax et Bonum
No fear here as the Blood of Christ covers me and His Grace sustains me and His Holy Spirit Fills me.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets hit the easiest one first.

Sola Fide (Faith Alone)

is important because it is one of the distinguishing characteristics or key points that separate the true biblical Gospel from false gospels. At stake is the very Gospel itself and it is therefore a matter of eternal life or death.

Getting the Gospel right is of such importance that the Apostle Paul wrote in Galatians 1:9 “As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!”

Paul was questioning on what basis is humanity declared by God to be justified?

Paul was wanting to know if it is by faith alone or by faith combined with works?

And in concluding Paul makes it clear in Galatians and Romans that humanity is “justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law”

Lol: Wonder if Kamala studied him...? He tells us in Galatians 2:16 "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

And I say from my studies the rest of the Bible agrees.

Now, you mentioned also Sola Scriptura (Scripture ALONE)

Fact of the matter is there are 5 Solas and deviating from one will lead to error in another essential doctrine, and the result will almost always be a false gospel which is powerless to save.

The essential Christian doctrines are represented by these five "Latin" phrases which accurately summarize the biblical teaching on these crucial subjects: sola scriptura (Scripture alone), sola fide (faith alone), sola gratia (grace alone), sola Christus (Christ alone), and sola Deo gloria (for the glory of God alone).

Now, since this has been primarily about faith alone, or faith with works I am only going to concentrait on Sola Fide...

This is a key point of difference between not only Protestants and Catholics but between biblical Christianity and almost all other religions and teachings.

The teaching that we are declared righteous by God (justified) on the basis of our faith alone and not by works is a key doctrine of the Bible and a line that divides most CULTS from biblical Christianity.

It is undeniable fact that most religions and cults teach people what works they must do to be saved HOWEVER the Bible teaches that we are not saved by works WE ARE SAVED by God’s grace through His gift of faith ... Ephesians 2: 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and [a]that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Do you not understand that biblical Christianity is distinct from every other religion in that it is centered on what God has accomplished through Christ’s finished work and all other religions are based on human achievement.

Fact..... If we abandon the doctrine of justification by faith, we abandon the only way of salvation.

Do you remember 2 Cor 5:21? He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

What does this mean?.....that those that trust Christ Jesus for justification by faith alone are those that are imputed with His righteousness

Simply said ...Sola fide is the doctrine of justification by faith alone apart from works and is simply recognizing what is taught over and over in Scripture

I wont bore YOU with what the likes of Martin Luther or others you would never study
said on this but I will say That is why Paul so adamantly denounces those who taught law-keeping or other works of righteousness in Galatians 1:9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

But maybe, just maybe you will believe Abraham. He believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.
And know, then, that those who believe are children of Abraham. The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham:
'‘All nations will be blessed through you.’ So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith. All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.’ Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, ‘The righteous will live by faith’” Galatians 3:6-11View attachment 37360
Well, thanks for trying – but you didn’t prove that Scripture is our “SOLE” Authority from the Scriptures themselves.

As to the false, 16th century Protestant invention of Sola Fide – you didn’t provide any Biblical evidence for that, either. You bas your doctrinal beliefs on OPINIONS of your Protestant Fathers – and NOT on the very Scriptures that you (and THEY) purport to be our “SOLE” Authority.

The Bible DOES, however, give final earthly Authority to the Church (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 20:21-23), with the promise that it be guided to ALL Truth by the Holy Spirit (John 16:12-15).

The Bible is clear that true faith is NOT just about “belief”. Even the demons believe (James 2:19).
Faith = Belief + Works/Surrender (Matt. 25:31-46, Eph. 2:10, James 3:14-24).
It’s not about works of the “Law”. It’s about obedience.