7 PAGAN FESTIVALS WE STILL CELEBRATE TODAY ~ under the guise of Christian celebrations and names.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the Agenda behind the VAXX = Divide the masses by forced conformity and punish those who resist.
It one could see spiritually the great murial getting painted in society and within churches they would be shocked .
over time and through much deceptoin
within churches many now treat the GOD of the bible the Christ of the bible as though he be the dragon
and they treat the dragon of the bible as though he be GOD . and that is a fact .
They see GOD , HIS T RUTH , SCRIPTURES as EVIL
and they see this other love sin accepting junk as GOOD . OH YES DAVID a heavy delusion has come down upon
the world and the churches to merge all as one UNDER THE DRAGON .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I bet. I know JW's.
You know how many JW's? We are all individuals who have different preferences when it comes to decisions of conscience.
Would you like someone to judge your entire family on the conduct of one person?
They refused to have a wedding cake at their ceremony because it is of pagan origin. :)
Pagans would take pieces of the cake and throw it at the couple as part of a sympathetic magic fertility ritual.

No wedding veil either. Same reason,Pagan in origin.
What one chooses to do at their own wedding is none of my business. Some have a more attuned conscience than others.
I have researched the wedding traditions and as my granddaughter was recently married, she did not wear a veil, and the cake was cut with a machete...it was hilarious.

There is nothing expressly wrong with a wedding cake.....it was just a dessert served to our guests.

Some Witnesses prefer to have no alcohol at their functions, whereas others have no qualms about having alcohol. If someone attending was a recovering alcoholic, then the decision might be made to avoid alcohol for their benefit. There is a balance to be struck but you seem to have your meter set a little high...would you like the same scrutiny used on yourself, I wonder?
There is nothing mentioned in the Bible that puts weddings in a bad light. Jesus' first miracle was performed at a wedding feast.

Each must do as his conscience dictates and we do not judge others for their choices in things that are not really related to our worship.
Breaking a specific Bible command however is a serious thing. Trying to fuse pagan religion with true religion is when we run into problems.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
BTW @Aunty Jane

You replied with this and I had asked the question.. I did not assume anything.
Just checking....
Here is another question...
But one thing I would like to know is.... are there ever any divorces in the JW. I truly pray not because I so disapprove but I am in a minority.
The Bible gives only two grounds for divorce......adultery or death. We abide by those laws of God that were spoken by Jesus (Matt 19:3-9) When we choose a marriage mate, it’s for life.

The apostle Paul gave grounds for separation in extreme circumstance such as physical or mental abuse where staying could endanger life, but that does not free a person to divorce and remarry. Marriage is only ended by adultery or death.
And final one... I think.
Are your marriages arranged? If so, I approve. I think all should be.
Not really, we are trained to use the scriptures and prayer always to make our decisions, but parents will have influence over who is chosen by way of advice and the application of Bible principles. Because we have no intimate relations before marriage, you basically have to live with someone to experience what that are really like. Love can cloud these things, but parents will often see traits in a prospective mate way before the partner does. It doesn’t mean that mistakes are not made...but if we make our bed, we must lie in it. Marriage involves vows which we take very seriously. “In sickness and in health, till death do us part” is hollow in today’s marriages....but not in ours.

A sound marriage is one based on mutual love for God and a determination to stick to the mate they have chosen as their life partner, as they will be serving God forever......together.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just checking....

The Bible gives only two grounds for divorce......adultery or death. We abide by those laws of God that were spoken by Jesus (Matt 19:3-9) When we choose a marriage mate, it’s for life.

The apostle Paul gave grounds for separation in extreme circumstance such as physical or mental abuse where staying could endanger life, but that does not free a person to divorce and remarry. Marriage is only ended by adultery or death.

Not really, we are trained to use the scriptures and prayer always to make our decisions, but parents will have influence over who is chosen by way of advice and the application of Bible principles. Because we have no intimate relations before marriage, you basically have to live with someone to experience what that are really like. Love can cloud these things, but parents will often see traits in a prospective mate way before the partner does. It doesn’t mean that mistakes are not made...but if we make our bed, we must lie in it. Marriage involves vows which we take very seriously. “In sickness and in health, till death do us part” is hollow in today’s marriages....but not in ours.

A sound marriage is one based on mutual love for God and a determination to stick to the mate they have chosen as their life partner, as they will be serving God forever......together.
The great unholy fusion of men and of the dragon has long infiltrated the realm of what is commonly called
christendom . What is this great unholy fusion that i speak of and where can it be seen .
I take us back to a time many moons ago and into a land GOD had given unto the jews .
THEY TOO went under the spell of the great fusion of the delusion .
BLENING PAGANISM INTO THEIR WORSHIP . IT DIDNT BODE WELL FOR THEM EITHER .
And now i take us to a time not long after the apostels too had began preaching the message of the gloriouos gospel
and the truth of his words . for certain men have crept in unwares , turning the grace of GOD into
lascviousness , and BIG TIME worse did this get .
Till the dragons love child was birthed , a system arose which merged politics , pagan rituals into it .
The RCC raged on and in time made many converts , but not unto GOD .
And through the ages the lambs did not heedit . Then in time a reformation began
and yet many of them while coming out of the harlot did not take all of the harlot out of them .
THEY TOO KEPT pagan things and ideals . YET still the lambs did not heed it .
And now today we have the great delusion of the all inclusion FUSION
where they as one under guise of love are merging all relgions , peoples tribes , langauges to merge as one
under the largest pagan wicked church of the world . AND YES the lambs STILL DO NOT HEED THEM .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great unholy fusion of men and of the dragon has long infiltrated the realm of what is commonly called
christendom . What is this great unholy fusion that i speak of and where can it be seen .
I take us back to a time many moons ago and into a land GOD had given unto the jews .
THEY TOO went under the spell of the great fusion of the delusion .
BLENING PAGANISM INTO THEIR WORSHIP . IT DIDNT BODE WELL FOR THEM EITHER .
And now i take us to a time not long after the apostels too had began preaching the message of the gloriouos gospel
and the truth of his words . for certain men have crept in unwares , turning the grace of GOD into
lascviousness , and BIG TIME worse did this get .
Till the dragons love child was birthed , a system arose which merged politics , pagan rituals into it .
The RCC raged on and in time made many converts , but not unto GOD .
And through the ages the lambs did not heedit . Then in time a reformation began
and yet many of them while coming out of the harlot did not take all of the harlot out of them .
THEY TOO KEPT pagan things and ideals . YET still the lambs did not heed it .
And now today we have the great delusion of the all inclusion FUSION
where they as one under guise of love are merging all relgions , peoples tribes , langauges to merge as one
under the largest pagan wicked church of the world . AND YES the lambs STILL DO NOT HEED THEM .
YEP

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has been will be and soon it will be the worst ever , and still the true lambs shall resist it .
As have lambs through all ages . Some have bled , being persecuted , afflicted and tormented
and yet did not compromise knowing a far greater reward in heaven awaited them at the end of their faith .
My advice . My simple simple advice , GET THE PEOPLES PREPARED by reminding them
that in THIS WORLD YE SHALL HAVE TRIBULATION . offer up no false hope . OFFER ONLY TRUTH .
GOD WILL END this great tribulation ON HIS DAY . WE will have our rest WHEN HE COMETH FOR THE LAMBS
and TO LAY DOWN WRATH against those who had persecuted the church . FOLKS need to read some bible .
I never once seen the easy ye shall be loved of men life many now preach .
IT was IN THIS WORLD YE GONNA , or as pual even said YE ARE APPOINTED UNTO TRIBULATION
even calling this the righteous judgment of GOD that ye may be counted worthy of the KINGDOM for which you do suffer .
GET the churches prepared . Cause i have heard of persecutions in times past .
Where churches were telling their people, OH no worries before this gets bad GOD gonna rapture us all .
YEARS a well aged preacher told this story . And as he said these words He choked up with tears .
HE said we had been telling our church that GOD would not allow us to suffer this and that before it got bad
HE would rapture us up . HE said in shock he watched AS IT DID GET BAD
his own members SOLD GOD OUT . HE was in tears when he said , WE HAD NOT PREPARED THEM
we had lied to them and given them false hope . AT LEAST HE DID REPENT .
BUT many churches sold out when the pressure came on , thinking GOD had abadonded them
or they quit believing all together . MY ADVICE STANDS . I HAVE NO PLANS to be as those men were .
THE lambs gonna hear TRUTH on my watch . AND WE HAD BETTER ALL be ready to LOSE EVERYTHING
including even our lives FOR JESUS SAKE . WHAT IS COMING cannot be stopped and it will get worse in the days ahead .
The COMING OF JESUS does draw nigh , it does . BUT we had better be prepared to lose everything .
Cause TRIBULATION is not something appointed for men in times past . WE ALL APPOINTED UNTO IT
and ITS GONNA GET MUCHWORSE TOO .

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Two key figures in the origin of Christmas are Nimrod, a great grandson of Noah, and his mother and wife, Semiramis, also known as Ishtar and Isis. Nimrod, known in Egypt as Osiris, was the founder of the first world empire at Babel, later known as Babylon (Genesis 10:8-12; 11:1-9). From ancient sources such as the "Epic of Gilgamesh" and records unearthed by archeologists from long-ruined Mesopotamian and Egyptian cities, we can reconstruct subsequent events.

After Nimrod's death (c. 2167 BC), Semiramis promoted the belief that he was a god. She claimed that she saw a full-grown evergreen tree spring out of the roots of a dead tree stump, symbolizing the springing forth of new life for Nimrod. On the anniversary of his birth, she said, Nimrod would visit the evergreen tree and leave gifts under it. His birthday fell on the winter solstice at the end of December.

A few years later, Semiramis bore a son, Horus or Gilgamesh. She declared that she had been visited by the spirit of Nimrod, who left her pregnant with the boy. Horus, she maintained, was Nimrod reincarnated. With a father, mother, and son deified, a deceptive, perverted trinity was formed.

Semiramis and Horus were worshipped as "Madonna and child." As the generations passed, they were worshipped under other names in different countries and languages. Many of these are recognizable: Fortuna and Jupiter in Rome; Aphrodite and Adonis in Greece; and Ashtoreth/Astarte and Molech/Baal in Canaan.

During the time between Babel and Christ, pagans developed the belief that the days grew shorter in early winter because their sun-god was leaving them. When they saw the length of the day increasing, they celebrated by riotous, unrestrained feasting and orgies. This celebration, known as Saturnalia, was named after Saturn, another name for Nimrod.
ishah (Hebrew)
ishtar (Chaldean)

Gen.3:15 the seed of ishah (the woman) was to come into the world and bruise the serpent's head.
Chaldean the seed of ishtar, the fertility goddess, was the incarnation of the gods.

All cultures had various adaptations of the same original myth, and different names for the same 'deities'.

The Word of God got corrupted, IMO.

Ishtar was the fertility goddess. I don't see an accident in eggs and bunnies - symbols of fertility - associated with it.

So if we refuse to celebrate Easter and Christmas we are hypocrites if we still hold onto the same names of the week, which are named after sun, moon, the goddess Tieu (not sure of spelling), god Wotan, Thor, goddess Frei, god Saturn.

All gods.

We'll probably need to change our language too, which has lots of pagan origins in it.

Actually we would just need to de-culturalize completely from our Western culture with pagan Roman and Greek roots. There's too much to get rid of.

But I wouldn't become a Jew either because them Rabbis kept a whole lot of the nasty pagan practices they picked up in Babylon.

So I don't know. Maybe we could just stop looking for the devil under every rock and behind every bush.

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's best if the church just celebrates all hallows day rather than all hallows eve. November 1st is All Saints day.

Indeed Pearl, i agree whole-heartdly.

Of course the 'day' starts at the evening twilight (we have inherited this from our Jewish roots) and so the evening vigil Mass for All Saints day is help on the 'All Hallows' eve..

Hey , there's an idea... take your kids to evening Mass! (if you can find one being celebrated in your area...)

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: amadeus

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ishah (Hebrew)
ishtar (Chaldean)

Gen.3:15 the seed of ishah (the woman) was to come into the world and bruise the serpent's head.
Chaldean the seed of ishtar, the fertility goddess, was the incarnation of the gods.

All cultures had various adaptations of the same original myth, and different names for the same 'deities'.

The Word of God got corrupted, IMO.

Ishtar was the fertility goddess. I don't see an accident in eggs and bunnies - symbols of fertility - associated with it.

So if we refuse to celebrate Easter and Christmas we are hypocrites if we still hold onto the same names of the week, which are named after sun, moon, the goddess Tieu (not sure of spelling), god Wotan, Thor, goddess Frei, god Saturn.

All gods.

We'll probably need to change our language too, which has lots of pagan origins in it.

Actually we would just need to de-culturalize completely from our Western culture with pagan Roman and Greek roots. There's too much to get rid of.

But I wouldn't become a Jew either because them Rabbis kept a whole lot of the nasty pagan practices they picked up in Babylon.

So I don't know. Maybe we could just stop looking for the devil under every rock and behind every bush.
Well it is essential to have a understanding of 'origins' = thus God gave us Genesis

Reactions: Zao is life

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has been will be and soon it will be the worst ever , and still the true lambs shall resist it .
As have lambs through all ages . Some have bled , being persecuted , afflicted and tormented
and yet did not compromise knowing a far greater reward in heaven awaited them at the end of their faith .
My advice . My simple simple advice , GET THE PEOPLES PREPARED by reminding them
that in THIS WORLD YE SHALL HAVE TRIBULATION . offer up no false hope . OFFER ONLY TRUTH .
GOD WILL END this great tribulation ON HIS DAY . WE will have our rest WHEN HE COMETH FOR THE LAMBS
and TO LAY DOWN WRATH against those who had persecuted the church . FOLKS need to read some bible .
I never once seen the easy ye shall be loved of men life many now preach .
IT was IN THIS WORLD YE GONNA , or as pual even said YE ARE APPOINTED UNTO TRIBULATION
even calling this the righteous judgment of GOD that ye may be counted worthy of the KINGDOM for which you do suffer .
GET the churches prepared . Cause i have heard of persecutions in times past .
Where churches were telling their people, OH no worries before this gets bad GOD gonna rapture us all .
YEARS a well aged preacher told this story . And as he said these words He choked up with tears .
HE said we had been telling our church that GOD would not allow us to suffer this and that before it got bad
HE would rapture us up . HE said in shock he watched AS IT DID GET BAD
his own members SOLD GOD OUT . HE was in tears when he said , WE HAD NOT PREPARED THEM
we had lied to them and given them false hope . AT LEAST HE DID REPENT .
BUT many churches sold out when the pressure came on , thinking GOD had abadonded them
or they quit believing all together . MY ADVICE STANDS . I HAVE NO PLANS to be as those men were .
THE lambs gonna hear TRUTH on my watch . AND WE HAD BETTER ALL be ready to LOSE EVERYTHING
including even our lives FOR JESUS SAKE . WHAT IS COMING cannot be stopped and it will get worse in the days ahead .
The COMING OF JESUS does draw nigh , it does . BUT we had better be prepared to lose everything .
Cause TRIBULATION is not something appointed for men in times past . WE ALL APPOINTED UNTO IT
and ITS GONNA GET MUCHWORSE TOO .
Yep, and i pray for His Grace to endure it.

i just wish and pray that the Brethren wake UP already.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cassandra suggested a thread on this so I am starting one.

It is important to look at the link but I suggest we take one festival at a time and lets try to figure out
why they chose a tie in with a Pagan festival.

Preview in the link says:

NOW~ I have a couple of unexplained questions and this is one of them.... perhap there are some opinions out there.

A. We celebrate the birth of the christ child on December 25 and the date of that never changes from year to year. We also know He was not born on that date nor in the month of December. But world wide
this is an accepted time..... EXCEPT for the Orthodox who celebrate it on Jan. 7 in 19 countries and Jan. 6 in 2 countries.

So why was December 25 picked as there is not one biblical reference that would suggest this.

This link from History.com may shed a light. (It is a very insightful read.)

What say you?
This a boring topic. Those who celebrate those days are not keeping the pagan aspects of them. Christmass and Easter are Jesus centered.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
reread your last line
No one here is saying pagnaism overcomes CHRIST .
we just saying JESUS DONT ACCEPT PAGANISM RITUALS and SPECIALLY THOSE
trying to overcome the church by DECEPTOIN of accepting such things into christanity .
BLENDING THE HOLY WITH THE UNHOLY HAS NEVER BODE WELL FOR ANY WHO DID SUCH A THING .
AND For more info on that , GO READ what GOD did to his own JEWS who dared to do such a thing
SOMETHING TODAYS CHRISTANITY sure can learn from . THEM EXAMPLES were WRITTEN FOR OUR LEARNINIG
so we would not DO THE EVIL THEY DID . GOD wont share his HONOR OR GLORY with PAGANISM PEROID .
Well then, this whole thread and the one deleted on the same topic have no point.

Because ancient Pagan rites have no semblance of relationship to today's Thanksgiving,Christmas,Easter or Halloween.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if you look closely for those who celebrate with a spiritual purpose:

Are they celebrating the pagan Saturnalia or is the day set aside for celebrating the birth of the Savior of the World?

Yes there is no command to celebrate, neither is there a command to not celebrate. so as Paul wrote many times in his epistles, it is left to the individuals before God to celebrate or not unto the Lord.

Romans 14​

King James Version​

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

If people who call upon the name of Jesus as Savior kept this principal, they would not be so busy judging others.
Those who are opening Pagan oriented threads intend to judge others here. It's an easy inroad that doesn't appear to obviously break that usual Christian community forum rule that forbids accusing someone outright of not being a Christian.

This way those who don't agree with their accusations are labeled such by the theme of the thread when they disagree with the OP authors conjecture.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Evil Catholic church masquerades as 'christian', but they are "false apostles in sheeps clothing"

Do you really believe that the a few days difference means they are not connected???
Absolutely. Because Protestants celebrate the holidays and all things Christian related to them.

And Halloween has not a thing to do with Samhain.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cassandra suggested a thread on this so I am starting one.

It is important to look at the link but I suggest we take one festival at a time and lets try to figure out
why they chose a tie in with a Pagan festival.

Preview in the link says:

NOW~ I have a couple of unexplained questions and this is one of them.... perhap there are some opinions out there.

A. We celebrate the birth of the christ child on December 25 and the date of that never changes from year to year. We also know He was not born on that date nor in the month of December. But world wide
this is an accepted time..... EXCEPT for the Orthodox who celebrate it on Jan. 7 in 19 countries and Jan. 6 in 2 countries.

So why was December 25 picked as there is not one biblical reference that would suggest this.

This link from History.com may shed a light. (It is a very insightful read.)

What say you?
@The Learner,

You posted a sad face at the end of this.

Why?