7 World Empires and Bible Prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
toknowthetruth said:
If you're saying that the representations given in the 7 Seals are about real events, I would totally agree with you. The way I see the Seals themselves though, is that they are used as word pictures to package the presentation. They're not literal seals.
That is a moot point and not critical for understand of what the Seals are all about. However I am inclined to think they are actual seals on an actual scroll that Jesus takes from the Father and opens when He ascended to heaven, as Rev. 5:1-10 details. What occurs as He does remove the Seals, is vividly described in Rev. 6 and the Seventh Seal in Rev. 8:1, is a time gap of about 20 years earth time, that will be right for all that is prophesied to take place before His Return.
His Return will commence the seventh and greatest world empire.

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
keras said:
That is a moot point and not critical for understand of what the Seals are all about. However I am inclined to think they are actual seals on an actual scroll that Jesus takes from the Father and opens when He ascended to heaven, as Rev. 5:1-10 details. What occurs as He does remove the Seals, is vividly described in Rev. 6 and the Seventh Seal in Rev. 8:1, is a time gap of about 20 years earth time, that will be right for all that is prophesied to take place before His Return.
His Return will commence the seventh and greatest world empire.
I agree with you, it is a moot point. I'll also grant you that there are valid reasons for thinking they are actual seals. About the 20 years, I understand your reasoning there as well and agree that it is a possibility. I'm not personally convinced though.

I've always looked at the seventh empire as the seventh head on the beast which I would interpret as the AC kingdom. However, I will ponder a bit on your interpretation. Thanks for the input.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This, and every other regenerative cycle occurred all around Jesus, the Roman political order which dominated the world when Simon the Fisherman lived and died, continued to worship the god Saturn. The Roman’s central religious ritual was the Saturnalia, in which they honoured Jupiter, Mars, and the planetary deity Saturn, based upon their legend of an ancient struggle among the gods. This Roman Empire was the sixth substantive Gentile kingdom – and it followed Egypt and Assyria, and completed the quartet of Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome.

All six kingdoms worshiped the same planetary deities under different names, but as the Kingdom of God was prophesied to arrive in the Roman era, it became the seventh kingdom:

“And in the days of these kings [Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome] shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed” (Daniel 2:44).

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
keras said:
This, and every other regenerative cycle occurred all around Jesus, the Roman political order which dominated the world when Simon the Fisherman lived and died, continued to worship the god Saturn. The Roman’s central religious ritual was the Saturnalia, in which they honoured Jupiter, Mars, and the planetary deity Saturn, based upon their legend of an ancient struggle among the gods. This Roman Empire was the sixth substantive Gentile kingdom – and it followed Egypt and Assyria, and completed the quartet of Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome.

All six kingdoms worshiped the same planetary deities under different names, but as the Kingdom of God was prophesied to arrive in the Roman era, it became the seventh kingdom:

“And in the days of these kings [Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome] shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed” (Daniel 2:44).
That's a possibility. However, I see the seventh kingdom represented in the 10 toes of the image, as well as the 7 headed beast with 10 horns etc. To me this is the 7th and final earthly kingdom with the AC as it's leader that is destroyed by the Lord.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
toknowthetruth said:
That's a possibility. However, I see the seventh kingdom represented in the 10 toes of the image, as well as the 7 headed beast with 10 horns etc. To me this is the 7th and final earthly kingdom with the AC as it's leader that is destroyed by the Lord.
I see the ten toes as the continuation of the Roman type empire, separated into two 'legs', East and West and divided into 10 regions, as the One World Govt proponent's have already decided. Google; 10 world regions and see.
Revelation 17:9-11 details this kingdom story better. The Kingdom of God is the seventh, as established in Daniels time. Psalm 2:8 Seven is God's number of completion.
The kingdom of the AC is the eighth and he is going to destruction.

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
keras said:
I see the ten toes as the continuation of the Roman type empire, separated into two 'legs', East and West and divided into 10 regions, as the One World Govt proponent's have already decided. Google; 10 world regions and see.
Revelation 17:9-11 details this kingdom story better. The Kingdom of God is the seventh, as established in Daniels time. Psalm 2:8 Seven is God's number of completion.
The kingdom of the AC is the eighth and he is going to destruction.
That's something how they've divided the world into 10 regions. Wonder how they came up with that?

I'm not sure but the eighth could be the AC after his deadly wound is healed. At least that's what would fit my view of the rest of the prophecies. It's kind of a mysterious verse, that one.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Our concern at this time, should be more toward the next prophesied event; the Sixth Seal, the forthcoming world changer.
It is the well prophesied Day of the Lord's wrath against the nations, triggered by an attack on Israel by an Islamic confederation.
We should be aware of this and prepared, spiritually and physically.

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
keras said:
Our concern at this time, should be more toward the next prophesied event; the Sixth Seal, the forthcoming world changer.
It is the well prophesied Day of the Lord's wrath against the nations, triggered by an attack on Israel by an Islamic confederation.
We should be aware of this and prepared, spiritually and physically.
Yes, I will definitely be watching to see how things unfold. If, as you say, a war breaks out between Israel and an Islamic confederation I will expect things to continue to unfold as you have suggested. However, I'm more inclined to expect the next event to be a worldwide economic upheaval that will shift the balance of power among the nations and give rise to the AC who will then be in a position to "confirm the covenant" and allow Israel to rebuild the Jewish temple.