7 World Empires and Bible Prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
In my opinion if you look at the various prophecies regarding the world empires of man this is how they best fit together.

Egypt: First Head Rev
Assyria: Second Head Rev
Babylon: Head of Gold, Lion with Wings, Third Head Rev
Medo-Persia: Arms and Chest of Silver, Bear With One Side Higher, Ram with Two Horns, Fourth Head Rev
Greece: Belly and Thigh of Brass, Leopard With Four Heads, He Goat With Notable Horn and Four Lesser Horns, Fifth Head Rev
Rome: Legs of Iron, Dreadful Beast With Iron Teeth, Sixth Head Rev
7th World Empire to Come: Seventh Head Rev

As far as I can tell, if you try to arrange them any other way you end up with a lot more problems trying to explain how all the various prophecies fit together.

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
Angelina said:
You do not sound like a simple guy at all :huh: You sound like someone who is interested in eschatology...hmmm
LOL! Well, sometimes it's best to be simple when it comes to complicated things. ^_^

Reactions: lforrest

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
toknowthetruth said:
In my opinion if you look at the various prophecies regarding the world empires of man this is how they best fit together.

Egypt: First Head Rev
Assyria: Second Head Rev
Babylon: Head of Gold, Lion with Wings, Third Head Rev
Medo-Persia: Arms and Chest of Silver, Bear With One Side Higher, Ram with Two Horns, Fourth Head Rev
Greece: Belly and Thigh of Brass, Leopard With Four Heads, He Goat With Notable Horn and Four Lesser Horns, Fifth Head Rev
Rome: Legs of Iron, Dreadful Beast With Iron Teeth, Sixth Head Rev
7th World Empire to Come: Seventh Head Rev

As far as I can tell, if you try to arrange them any other way you end up with a lot more problems trying to explain how all the various prophecies fit together.
I agree up to the sixth.
The seventh was, how I see it is still Rome with the Iron, but a converted Holy Roman Empire with Ten Kingdoms, this already history.
So as Rev. 13 puts it a deadly wound came. Rev. 17 is the healed beast , the eighth beast which is of the seven which is still Roman Iron.
This is the seventh in Daniel 2 the Iron and clay which is still the fourth beast in Daniel 7.
The Iron Kingdom lasted longer the any of the other metalic kingdoms.

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
Bible_Gazer said:
I agree up to the sixth.
The seventh was, how I see it is still Rome with the Iron, but a converted Holy Roman Empire with Ten Kingdoms, this already history.
So as Rev. 13 puts it a deadly wound came. Rev. 17 is the healed beast , the eighth beast which is of the seven which is still Roman Iron.
This is the seventh in Daniel 2 the Iron and clay which is still the fourth beast in Daniel 7.
The Iron Kingdom lasted longer the any of the other metalic kingdoms.
Guess if you want to say the 7 year reign of the AC, the abomination of desolations standing in the holy place, the great tribulation, Jesus coming in the clouds, the rapture, the marriage supper, the wrath of God, and the battle of Armageddon have already happened you could say that. :)

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
toknowthetruth said:
Guess if you want to say the 7 year reign of the AC, the abomination of desolations standing in the holy place, the great tribulation, Jesus coming in the clouds, the rapture, the marriage supper, the wrath of God, and the battle of Armageddon have already happened you could say that. :)
Don't believe in the AC theory. I do believe in the Beast system as Daniel brings out.
Abomination of Daniel 9 to me is history.
Great tribulation I think is in the millennium .
Jesus, I don't think has returned yet for live a remain.
Some people are already up in heaven .
The marriage supper hasn't happened yet
The wrath of God has happened during history and more to come.
I think the Battle of Armageddon is Gog and Magog in Revelation 20.
The whole world is not converted during the Millennium as we can read in Rev.20.

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
Bible_Gazer said:
Don't believe in the AC theory. I do believe in the Beast system as Daniel brings out.
Abomination of Daniel 9 to me is history.
Great tribulation I think is in the millennium .
Jesus, I don't think has returned yet for live a remain.
Some people are already up in heaven .
The marriage supper hasn't happened yet
The wrath of God has happened during history and more to come.
I think the Battle of Armageddon is Gog and Magog in Revelation 20.
The whole world is not converted during the Millennium as we can read in Rev.20.
I'm having a little trouble following you. How do you get the tribulation in the Millennium? How do you get the wrath of God as history with more to come? And how do you get the Battle of Armageddon is Gog and Magog?

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
toknowthetruth said:
I'm having a little trouble following you. How do you get the tribulation in the Millennium? How do you get the wrath of God as history with more to come? And how do you get the Battle of Armageddon is Gog and Magog?
7th chapter is during the Millennium until then end when all gathered around the throne.
These saints who washed their robes white are different from the one who where given white robes in Rev.6:9-11(the bride)

The seventh trumpet and vials is the last and final of the wrath of God. Rev.15:1.
When the seven plaques are done then all thing concerning evil will be done. Rev.16:17
So the sixth vial talk about the nations coming together, this is Gog and Magog.
The seventh trumpet message says all the Kingdoms while be Christ at that time when all is done.
The seventh vial is the Lake of Fire, this is what take all evil being to the final death.

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
There is a 7 world ages scheme in Hebrew and other cultures.
On the 4 metals/beasts (world ages scheme) see http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/21175-times-and-peoples/

Havila/Pison, Cush/Gion, Ashur/Tigris, (Euphrates)
[Seth, Cain, Abel, (Adam)]
Shem, Ham, Japheth/gents, (Noah)
eliphaz/teman?, zophar/naamath?, bildad/shua?, (job/elihu)
Lion, Leopard, Bear, (Beast/Dragon)
Judea, Samaria, Galilee/gentiles, (Israel/Idumea?)
good/wayside?, rocky, thorny, wayside/good?
Hebrew, Latin, Greek, (Inri/Aramaic)
Matt/Jews, Mark/Pete/Rom, Luke/Paul/Grk, (John)
white horse, red, black, (pale/chlorus/green horse)

The beast seems to be world-wide. 7 heads/hills Beast possibly the 7 continents. The 8th may be the EU &/or the UNO.
just my own tentative thoughts, not saying is def right, may/could be wrong.

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
Bible_Gazer said:
7th chapter is during the Millennium until then end when all gathered around the throne.
These saints who washed their robes white are different from the one who where given white robes in Rev.6:9-11(the bride)

The seventh trumpet and vials is the last and final of the wrath of God. Rev.15:1.
When the seven plaques are done then all thing concerning evil will be done. Rev.16:17
So the sixth vial talk about the nations coming together, this is Gog and Magog.
The seventh trumpet message says all the Kingdoms while be Christ at that time when all is done.
The seventh vial is the Lake of Fire, this is what take all evil being to the final death.
Hmm. Guess you could interpret chapter 7 that way. Personally I see it as the saints being sealed to go through the trib. To me it seems what John is seeing later in the chapter is a future look at the saints that were being sealed at the beginning of the chapter.

I would agree that the 7 vials are the wrath of God. The seventh trumpet, though, has already been sounded in Chap 11 which to me is the famous last trump of 1Cor 15:52 ushering in the rapture, as well as announcing the 7 vials. As far as I can tell the first six vials are being poured out while we're in Heaven at the marriage supper of the Lamb and culminate to the gathering together to Armageddon. Now the seventh vial I must confess is a bit mysterious. It obviously refers to Gog and Magog and the earth's crust being renewed with no more seas. However, seems like either Armageddon happened already when the sixth vial was poured out, or John is seeing the last two events, Armageddon and Gog and Magog together in the last vial. I'm more inclined to the latter since there does seem to be an allusion in the earthquake of the seventh vial to Armageddon with the splitting of the mount of Olives when Jesus stand on the mount (Zach 14:4) after He comes down with the armies of Heaven to slaughter the AC forces. To me, if you interpret it any other way you get a pretty mixed up picture when trying to fit the other puzzle pieces of prophecy together.

B

brakelite

The Bible already tells us who the first 4 kingdoms are. Daniel in chapter 2, 7and 8 is looking forward from his time, and in Revelation 13 Johns first beast is a look from his perspective going back. So the first 4 are Babylon, Media/Persia, Greece, Rome. Confirmed by history and the first 3 by Gabriel's own explanations.
Which brings us to the NT. Now what we must do is follow the clues already provided, starting from Daniel 2. The statue had no gaps...no breaks...no interludes between the various empires. It actually describes only 5 empires from beginning to the second coming. The fifth one being the composite of clay and iron. Thus the 5th empire is a co-mingling of Rome and whatever followed immediately after...that can only be the RCC, the little horn which grew from the head among the ten.
Now the beast of Revel. 13 is another composite. Same empires, but still present in the beast. A future beast , but comprising attributes of past empires, Babylon, Media/Persia, Greece, and Rome. This we all know can be none other than the RCC, which indeed as a religious organisation, and a civil entity, has the attributes of those pagan powers in the mixture of her doctrines and practices.
The seven heads are a part of the same beast. Therefore they form one and the same empire, but are different aspects or powers within it, at times concurrent, at times chronological, but most certainly in many aspects one and the same. But what s different is that the NT powers are predominantly spiritual with but have inherited the ancient practice of church/state union. In the OT they were predominantly secular with religious overtones, in the NT the other way around. First the RCC. Predominantly religious, but with a civil aspect in that it is a church state union. Other world powers of NT times thus far is communism. Predominantly atheism, with church/state union. It is well accepted that modern atheism started with the French revolution, and grew from there. The French revolution was a spiritual revolution against the prevailing religious tyranny of Rome. It eventually engendered political support and power, and became a world wide empire that greatly challenged Christ's church.
Which leaves one more head to explain. that is yet to come, and it is the one which will shortly support the Vatican in her goal of worldwide dominion, and the introduction of false worship, and the mark of the beast. This is revealed as a beast in her own right, the second beast of Revel. 13, and is I believe apostate Protestantism, which I think will be demonstrated by a church/state union in America. When the Protestant churches unite with the state and enforce here dogmas on the people, she will have then formed a mirror image of the first beast, the papacy. They will work together to enforce global religious servitude to the dogmas and canons of the Roman church.
Babylon...............]
Media/Persia.......]________ Localized literal powers............]
Greece................] ]
Pagan Rome.......] ]____ All sharing the main principle of paganism...church/state union
Papal Rome....................] ]
Atheism/Communism.......]_____ Global spiritual powers......]
Apostate Protestantism...]

DogLady19

Apr 15, 2015
toknowthetruth said:
THE antichrist is incorrect. Antichrist is used in the Bible without the article "the". Antichrist is a state of being, not a person. "Antichrist" is never used as a proper pronoun in the Bible.

The abomination of desolation occurred when the Holy of Holies was desecrated by statues of the Roman Emperor during the times of the apostles.

Everything that has happened since the apostles passed away is described in Revelations' account of the Great Tribulation.

Many of these interpretations of Revelations came from pop religious writers, like Hal Lindsey and Tim LaHaye. I don't put any more weight in their interpretations than I do Dan Brown's. But many people grew up believing it... some churches even preach it from the pulpit still... scary... and prophetic...

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
brakelite said:
The Bible already tells us who the first 4 kingdoms are. Daniel in chapter 2, 7and 8 is looking forward from his time, and in Revelation 13 Johns first beast is a look from his perspective going back. So the first 4 are Babylon, Media/Persia, Greece, Rome. Confirmed by history and the first 3 by Gabriel's own explanations. ...
Babylon...............]
Media/Persia.......]________ Localized literal powers............]
Greece................] ]
Pagan Rome.......] ]____ All sharing the main principle of paganism...church/state union
Papal Rome....................] ]
Atheism/Communism.......]_____ Global spiritual powers......]
Apostate Protestantism...]
Interesting interpretation. Personally not persuaded by it, but thanks for the input. :)

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
DogLady19 said:
THE antichrist is incorrect. Antichrist is used in the Bible without the article "the". Antichrist is a state of being, not a person. "Antichrist" is never used as a proper pronoun in the Bible.

The abomination of desolation occurred when the Holy of Holies was desecrated by statues of the Roman Emperor during the times of the apostles.

Everything that has happened since the apostles passed away is described in Revelations' account of the Great Tribulation.

Many of these interpretations of Revelations came from pop religious writers, like Hal Lindsey and Tim LaHaye. I don't put any more weight in their interpretations than I do Dan Brown's. But many people grew up believing it... some churches even preach it from the pulpit still... scary... and prophetic...
Matter of opinion, really. Don't buy it myself, but you're entitled to your opinion. :)

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
DogLady19 said:
As you are as well. :)
Thanks. I like it when having these types of discussions over matters that can have several interpretations when there is an understanding that, "even though there is a right answer, it may or may not be mine". I've found it a lot easier to learn from others input when this is the case. :)

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
Bibliocentrist said:
Yes it says the lion/gold is Babylon but that may be Babel not neo-Babylonian.
Oh, now I see. You're back to the original post. Sorry, I'm a little slow sometimes. I would agree that that is one possible interpretation. However, it seems pretty clear to me that it's talking about the Babylon of Nebuchadnezzar.