750 dead Ethiopian Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I only just learnt about this today, it happened last month, and probably still many people aren't aware of it.

750 people were killed in an attack on an Ethiopian Church.

https://www.christiantoday.com/arti...ad.after.attack.on.ethiopia.church/136249.htm

Pray for the Christians there to stay strong and to continue to be bold spreading the Gospel in Ethiopia, also pray for those families who are suffering from their losses.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I heard about this, at the time I was considering all the things that were being moaned about in the West at the moment. It puts things into prospective, sadly many around the world are facing genocide but it is often disregarded because it’s a different culture group to us ( well might as well own up to that,it doesn’t connect where it should, not like events that take life nearer to home ) yet they are kin my brothers and sisters- so why the disconnect on one level.
I know this is a prayer thread, but can I honestly ask if it’s the same with others, that lack of connect, or has it been in the past and changed, or do you totally connect. Just curious. Rita

Reactions: Josho and amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only just learnt about this today, it happened last month, and probably still many people aren't aware of it.

https://www.christiantoday.com/arti...ad.after.attack.on.ethiopia.church/136249.htm

Pray for the Christians there to stay strong and to continue to be bold spreading the Gospel in Ethiopia, also pray for those families who are suffering from their losses.

Yeah, they don't want to air this stuff, and that is a shame. Prayers for all involved.

Reactions: Josho and amadeus

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just another day in Africa...who cares, right? I mean, enough to actually do something.
I love Africa, but like I said, just another day...

Reactions: amadeus

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rise Up Society and their international supporters, that's who.
Impact Nations.
Oxfam.
Just to name a few. :)

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The attackers were apparently federal troops who thought the Ark of the Covenant was in the church and wanted to steal it for the Ethiopian government? What? This reads like a bad movie.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for people not "caring" enough about other countries, cultures, populations, etc...

We're just one person each. We cannot save the whole world. We cannot bleed our hearts out over every single problem of every other human being. If someone has a heart for a community in another country, that's great, and they should follow their heart in praying for them or donating money to them or becoming a missionary to that place. That's not everyone's calling, and nobody should be made to feel guilty for not "caring enough".

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...and nobody should be made to feel guilty for not "caring enough".
Except any who really, as God sees it, do not care enough! How much is enough? God knows the answer for each of us and if we are paying attention to Him, we will also know for ourselves!

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except any who really, as God sees it, do not care enough! How much is enough? God knows the answer for each of us and if we are paying attention to Him, we will also know for ourselves!

And who determines this? Each individual, and God.

Nobody else. Thus, nobody HERE or anywhere else should be scolding others for where they expend their care, money, energy, etc.