8 Signs in the Heavens Signalling Rapture Is Near?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 13:27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven. 28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near: 29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.

Luke 21:10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: 11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

This youtube video at this link shows the 8 signs in the heavens that is interesting to note. There is no date setting, but specualtions do abound as it does give pause to consider the signs of the times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXUqfNQ3J0o

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Matthew 24 v29, 30....after the tribulation shall Jesus return for His people..."with the great sound of a trumpet"
1st Thess 4...Jesus will descend from Heavens with and shout and the sound of God's trumpet....
Sounds like it will be very noisy, and no secret...
Where do you see the word "rapture" in the Bible?

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
And there no way I can take seriously any one that speaks about the heavens when they are still using a local planet map that's now outdated.

Right there all veracity is lost.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Matthew 24 v29, 30....after the tribulation shall Jesus return for His people..."with the great sound of a trumpet"
1st Thess 4...Jesus will descend from Heavens with and shout and the sound of God's trumpet....
Sounds like it will be very noisy, and no secret...
Where do you see the word "rapture" in the Bible?
Where do you see homosexuality and masturbation in the Bible? By the verses describing the act.

The word "rapture" is not in the Bible either, but the description of the rapture is there;

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

That is the event describing the rapture. There are other verses as well.

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Luke 17:34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

Can a saint be working without having the mark of the beast during the great tribulation to buy & sell by? Therefore the need to be ready and found abiding in Him & His words as His disciples by applying faith in the Son of God in helping us laying aside every weight & sin is how we run that race for the high prize of our calling to be taken by the Bridegroom to the Marriage Supper in His honour.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
jif..You seem to be using a considerable amount of speculation and human reasoning (which has proven to be fallible)...one minute you talk about "rapture" which is not in the Bible, and the next minute you talk about homosexuality etc...what do you want to talk about on this post?
You also mention the "mark of the beast"..what is that "mark" do you think?

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
jif..You seem to be using a considerable amount of speculation and human reasoning (which has proven to be fallible)...one minute you talk about "rapture" which is not in the Bible, and the next minute you talk about homosexuality etc...what do you want to talk about on this post?
You had asked the question in post #2 "Where do you see the word "rapture" in the Bible?" and I was explaining that the word "rapture" is not found in the Bible but the description about the event called the rapture is.

I used homosexuality and masturbation as an example of words not found in the Bible but you can find scripture describing the sin of homosexuality and of masturbation in the Bible.
heretoeternity said:
I believe the mark is an micro chip that will be the only means to buy and sell in the new world order.

Revelations 13:17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The techonology is being used now in Europe to buy & sell, but it is not the actual mark of the beast until the new world order comes about where the only way any one can buy and sell is by having this mark.

This is why saints will not take the mark and by not taking the mark, they will die as civilization will not accept them unless they have the mark. There will be other forms of persecution as many will be beheaded for their testimony of Jesus Christ and not just for refusing the mark.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
No MAN knows the hour or the day....never has, never will.
So the rapture is pre trib, otherwise, the 7 year great tribulation can give man and Satan an idea when He will return as the King of kings.

In fact, once the door to the Marriage Supper is shut, and the accuser of our brethren is cast out of heaven so the raptured saints can celebrate their Bridegroom; and it is testified that the devil knows his time is short.

Revelations 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

So the call ot be ready by His grace & by His help in living as His disciples to be found abiding in Him & His words in living as kept in the KJV is now. May God cause the increase to those that hear that hope in His mercy.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
JesusIsFaithful said:
So the rapture is pre trib, otherwise, the 7 year great tribulation can give man and Satan an idea when He will return as the King of kings.

In fact, once the door to the Marriage Supper is shut, and the accuser of our brethren is cast out of heaven so the raptured saints can celebrate their Bridegroom; and it is testified that the devil knows his time is short.

Revelations 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

So the call ot be ready by His grace & by His help in living as His disciples to be found abiding in Him & His words in living as kept in the KJV is now. May God cause the increase to those that hear that hope in His mercy.
My point is what I stated and that it serves no useful purpose to speculate. If we do walk in His spirit, we are ready.

I have no idea what the KJV has to do with this issue?

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
My point is what I stated and that it serves no useful purpose to speculate. If we do walk in His spirit, we are ready.

Agreed, but when believers are saying rapture is mid or post trib, there will be temptations to not be ready.

I have no idea what the KJV has to do with this issue?
Because all modern Bibles testify that the Holy Spirit can make His own intercessions known in Romans 8:26, but that is not the case when His intercessions are unspeakable, and yet some modern Bibles infer that sounds are being made when "supposedly" He does.

If one goes to this link below:

http://www.sacrednamebible.com/kjvstrongs/B45C008.htm

And scroll down to verse 26 and click on the last Greek text mirroring that verse, one may find this definition to the world alaletos;

from a - a 1 (as a negative particle) and a derivative of lalew - laleo 2980; unspeakable:--unutterable, which cannot be uttered.
This is why verse 27 exists to explain how the intercessions of the Spirit's are made known and that is by Someone Elese knowing the mind of the Spirit as only He can make intercessions for the saints in according to the will of God which is there is only one Mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.

Why only one? Because Jesus is inbetween us and the Father to give our intercessions and the "unspeakable" intercessions of the Spirit's to the Father so that when the Father says "Yes.." the Son answers our prayers so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers which is why the Father & the Son are given thanks in Jesus's name.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.....13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Majority of believers are unaware that God's gift of tongues is just of other men's lips to speak unto the people and that there is a supernatural tongue that is of the devil that is babbling nonsense.

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. 22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

All modern Bibles testifying that the Holy Spirit does make His own intercessions known by Himself and some of those modern Bibles imply that sounds are being made when doing so are supporting the apostasy of receiving another baptism of the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues. 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 exposes the teaching as apostasy, but in spite of being in all modern Bibles warning believers, the modern Bible version of Romans 8:26-27 leads believers to gloss over that warning because they think God's gift of tongues can be used as a prayer language. So having the right Bible does matter.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
JesusIsFaithful said:
Agreed, but when believers are saying rapture is mid or post trib, there will be temptations to not be ready.
Sadly, this is an unfounded assumption on your part, due to NOT understanding the context.

JesusIsFaithful said:
Because all modern Bibles testify that the Holy Spirit can make His own intercessions known in Romans 8:26, but that is not the case when His intercessions are unspeakable, and yet some modern Bibles infer that sounds are being made when "supposedly" He does.

If one goes to this link below:

http://www.sacrednamebible.com/kjvstrongs/B45C008.htm

And scroll down to verse 26 and click on the last Greek text mirroring that verse, one may find this definition to the world alaletos;
Not at all accurate.
Romans 8 is talking about the Holy Spirit IN us helping us to pray through our own spirit. Paul clearly says the WORDS are unutterable which is why we GROAN.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rom%208%3A26&version=MOUNCE

Groans are NOT words, groans are NOT utterances. You can NOT utter a threat at a person by groaning at them. Try it, see how far you get.

The point Paul is making is that we communicate on a spiritual level with God, not on a human or verbal level.

JesusIsFaithful said:
This is why verse 27 exists to explain how the intercessions of the Spirit's are made known and that is by Someone Elese knowing the mind of the Spirit as only He can make intercessions for the saints in according to the will of God which is there is only one Mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.

Why only one? Because Jesus is inbetween us and the Father to give our intercessions and the "unspeakable" intercessions of the Spirit's to the Father so that when the Father says "Yes.." the Son answers our prayers so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers which is why the Father & the Son are given thanks in Jesus's name.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.....13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Majority of believers are unaware that God's gift of tongues is just of other men's lips to speak unto the people and that there is a supernatural tongue that is of the devil that is babbling nonsense.

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. 22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

All modern Bibles testifying that the Holy Spirit does make His own intercessions known by Himself and some of those modern Bibles imply that sounds are being made when doing so are supporting the apostasy of receiving another baptism of the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues. 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 exposes the teaching as apostasy, but in spite of being in all modern Bibles warning believers, the modern Bible version of Romans 8:26-27 leads believers to gloss over that warning because they think God's gift of tongues can be used as a prayer language. So having the right Bible does matter.
The reason Paul uses the word man was because of the Jews and their insistence on trying to keep the priesthood going. The reason Paul talks about this is also to show that because a mediator has to know both sides of a conflict, only a man who is also God can do so and therefore he is the ONLY one eligible.

Only people of your dogmatic POV say this. 2 Cor 11:1-4 is talking about FALSE teaching. 1 Cor 14:39 already shows us NOT to forbid speaking in tongues.
As you cannot or are not able to differentiate what Paul is talking about, I suggest you ask God for help in understanding this. Bottom line is Paul always advocated to seek the GIFTS of the Holy Spirit and use them in an orderly fashion within corporate worship. What we do in our personal prayer life should emulate Paul, who said; "I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you." I Cor 14:18
I suggest you listen to Paul and not your doctrinal teachings.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
Not at all accurate.
Romans 8 is talking about the Holy Spirit IN us helping us to pray through our own spirit. Paul clearly says the WORDS are unutterable which is why we GROAN.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rom%208%3A26&version=MOUNCE

Groans are NOT words, groans are NOT utterances. You can NOT utter a threat at a person by groaning at them. Try it, see how far you get.

The point Paul is making is that we communicate on a spiritual level with God, not on a human or verbal level.
There are somewhat agreements and somewhat disagreements towards your stance.

People groan by uttering a sound to indicate they are groaning. "Groanings which cannot be uttered" means no sound at all.

Romans 8:27 testify of the One that searches our hearts ( Hebrews 4:12-14 ) is the One that knows the mind of the Spirit as He is the actual One making intercessions for the saints in according to the will of God plainly stated because there being only One Mediator between God and man.

The reason Paul uses the word man was because of the Jews and their insistence on trying to keep the priesthood going.
Nope. The office of a Mediator is an ongoing office; not a job that is finished. It is not referring to the one time sacrifice for sins.

1 John 2:1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world...

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
Matthew 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Here I read the Son's job in making intercessions for us and forgiving us of our sins when needed is an ongoing job for Him and so the office of the Mediator is more than just about instituting the New Covenant by that one sacrifice for sin, but fulfilling it by the grace of God and by faith in Jesus Christ since we can only live this reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
JesusIsFaithful said:
People groan by uttering a sound to indicate they are groaning. "Groanings which cannot be uttered" means no sound at all.
No, that is what YOU are saying. God's word says groans that cannot be worded. You can only groan by making a sound, otherwise it is silence.

If you refuse to accept any translation other than the KJV, then you will never know what the Greek is actually conveying.

In any event, you strive about words but make no point....WHAT is your point?
JesusIsFaithful said:
Nope. The office of a Mediator is an ongoing office; not a job that is finished. It is not referring to the one time sacrifice for sins.

1 John 2:1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world...

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
Matthew 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Here I read the Son's job in making intercessions for us and forgiving us of our sins when needed is an ongoing job for Him and so the office of the Mediator is more than just about instituting the New Covenant by that one sacrifice for sin, but fulfilling it by the grace of God and by faith in Jesus Christ since we can only live this reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
Not at all what I said. You cut it down to one sentence and then equivocate on it. THAT is dishonest and typically how people defend their eisegesis.

You seem to not understand that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are both advocates and that anyone can intercede on our behalf, not just Jesus. Mediator, advocate and intercessor are NOT the same thing. The Holy Spirit is ANOTHER advocate as Jesus was the first advocate. John 14:16

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
No, that is what YOU are saying. God's word says groans that cannot be worded. You can only groan by making a sound, otherwise it is silence.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=define+groan&qs=DA&pq=define+groan&sc=6-12&sp=1&cvid=7d2a5ad3a73f4d7db2db1a3d462b6d96&FORM=QBLH

groan

[ grōn ]

VERB

verb: groan · third person present: groans · past tense: groaned · past participle: groaned · present participle: groaning

• (groan with/under)
    be heavily loaded with:
    "tables groan with joints of venison"

• (groan under/beneath)
    be oppressed by:
    "families groaning under mortgage increases"

1. make a deep inarticulate sound in response to pain or despair:
    "Marty groaned and pulled the blanket over his head"
    synonyms: moan · whimper · cry · call out

2. (of a thing) make a low creaking or moaning sound when pressure or weight is applied:
    "James slumped back into his chair, making it groan and bulge"
    synonyms: creak · squeak · grate · rasp

NOUN

noun: groan · plural noun: groans

1. a deep, inarticulate sound made in pain or despair.
    synonyms: moan · cry · whimper

2. a low creaking or moaning sound made by an object or device under pressure:
    "the protesting groan of timbers"
    synonyms: creaking · creak · squeak · grating · grinding