A Call for Calm

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A Call for Calm

You all may have noticed lately a few threads being locked, this was due to many breaches of the rules, a lot of disrespect, insults, hate, targeted personal attacks, denominational attacks, a lot of trying to tear each other down and a lot of heated argument was going on in these threads.

It disappoints me and other members to see a lot of threads ending up in heated arguments and it's not a good look to the outsiders and passer-byers on CyB. Keep in mind according to 2 Corinthians 5:20 "We are ambassadors for Christ". So if we can all do our bit to try and avoid heated arguments that would be great.

Christianity Board Forum Rules

So I ask that all of us on these forums calm down, learn to respect, learn to love one another a bit more, less argument and more getting along.

We need to remember Jesus's 2 commandments from

Matthew 22:37-39
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. "This is the first and great commandment. "And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbour as yourself."

We also need to remember the fruits of the Spirit from Galatians 5:22-23 "the fruit of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

As Christians we should not be trying to wipe each other out. As the body of Christ, each member is important. It doesn't matter whether if you are Baptist, Lutheran, Orthodox, Pentecostal, Catholic, Presbyterian, Anglican, Methodist, some other denomination or a Non-denominational Christian, if you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior and believe that God has raised Him "Jesus Christ" from the dead, we believe you are born again and have received Jesus in your heart and are now a member of the Body of Christ.

John 5:24

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death into life."

Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

Also for the Body of Christ see
1 Corinthians 12:12-27
12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body - whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free - and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For in fact the body is not one member but many. 15 If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? 16And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be? 20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body.
21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you." 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 23And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty,24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.

So fellow members of the Body of Christ, fellow Believers please try and get along.

May God Bless you all and God's peace and joy be with you.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Call for Calm

You all may have noticed lately a few threads being locked, this was due to many breaches of the rules, a lot of disrespect, insults, hate, targeted personal attacks, denominational attacks, a lot of trying to tear each other down and a lot of heated argument was going on in these threads.

It disappoints me and other members to see a lot of threads ending up in heated arguments and it's not a good look to the outsiders and passer-byers on CyB. Keep in mind according to 2 Corinthians 5:20 "We are ambassadors for Christ". So if we can all do our bit to try and avoid heated arguments that would be great.

So I ask that all of us on these forums calm down, learn to respect, learn to love one another a bit more, less argument and more getting along.

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. "This is the first and great commandment. "And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbour as yourself."

We also need to remember the fruits of the Spirit from Galatians 5:22-23 "the fruit of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

As Christians we should not be trying to wipe each other out. As the body of Christ, each member is important. It doesn't matter whether if you are Baptist, Lutheran, Orthodox, Pentecostal, Catholic, Presbyterian, Anglican, Methodist, some other denomination or a Non-denominational Christian, if you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior and believe that God has raised Him "Jesus Christ" from the dead, we believe you are born again and have received Jesus in your heart and are now a member of the Body of Christ.

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death into life."

"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body - whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free - and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For in fact the body is not one member but many. 15 If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? 16And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be? 20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body.
21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you." 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 23And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty,24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.

So fellow members of the Body of Christ, fellow Believers please try and get along.

Good OP, @Josho, and I agree wholeheartedly with what you said. I will keep praying for this forum and it's members.
We all need to be exhorting and edifying one another in love.
God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with everything you've written. My question is - why are non-Trinitarians being censored?
They are not being censured.
The Trinity topic is a closed topic for debate. So if a thread is started about the Trinity whether for or against it will be deleted.

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You will find that the front lines in the war is not out in the world because the world already belongs to satan. The front lines are right in the church where satan is trying to corrupt the message and head the saints off at the start. Trying to preserve an image is not the best way to go. Rather allow all side of an issue to be presented so that those following can grasp an understanding of the subjects.

I have found that where there is excessive religiosity there is also a demonic influence.

Reactions: lforrest and Mr E

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They are not being censured.
The Trinity topic is a closed topic for debate. So if a thread is started about the Trinity whether for or against it will be deleted.
What should really be asked is what did the original Apostles believe. You will be quite surprised at how much doctrine is out there that the writers of the new testament knew nothing about. It all came later .

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Call for Calm

As Christians we should not be trying to wipe each other out. As the body of Christ, each member is important. It doesn't matter whether if you are
Baptist, Lutheran, Orthodox, Pentecostal, Catholic, Presbyterian, Anglican, Methodist, some other denomination or a Non-denominational Christian, if you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior and believe that God has raised Him "Jesus Christ" from the dead, we believe you are born again and have received Jesus in your heart and are now a member of the Body of Christ.

Commendable sentiments, @Josho, but nothing will ever change. This site, I must say, is one of the more "calm" and civil I've encountered in nearly 30 years on a large number and variety of forums. Partly, it seems to me, this is because the moderators don't seem to have favored "pets" and to administer the forum in an inconsistent way that is obviously intended to protect the pets. The contrary has been my observation on many forums. One I just left was theoretically about Religion & Spirituality but was administered like an Atheist Protection Society!

Internet forums are inevitably a wild mixture of ages, intelligence levels, educational levels, personality types, mental illnesses and all the rest. As I always joke, it's like standing in the middle of a crowded Walmart and screaming "Hey, what does everybody think about the Dead Sea Scrolls?"

Add into this mix that Christianity is a fantastically fragmented religion full of people who think they are God's personal spokespersons on earth. There is good reason for the old saying about discussing religion and politics at the dinner table.

There are several characters here whom I would ban in a heartbeat simply because they are completely unconducive to civil, rational discourse. That would pretty much be my standard - take any position you want, but if you're an incorrigible jackass you're gone even if we love your theology.

Anyway, thank you for the reminder and hopefully it will have at least short-term benefits. The problem is, those who are the real problem always think reminders such as this are aimed at the other people.

Reactions: pompadour