A closer look at "baptizo" (to baptize)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
So, you simply do not believe the OPs in my 2 threads on the Christian baptisms, right?
I mean, you're writing as if there's no difference in INSIDE and UPON,
even though the UPON verses are all about tongues and etc.

Both "upon"and inside mean the very same thing. I already gave you an example where in Luke 1: 35 the angel said to Mary that the Holy Spirit will come" upon" thee. The Holy Spirit had to enter [ into ] into Mary's womb to impregnate her with the Son of God. Even if it reads that"The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee ' - same thing.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth that regeneration comes through baptism is confirmed by Paul in Titus 3:5 that God "saved us, not because of deeds done by us in righteousness, but in virtue of his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal in the Holy Spirit."

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Both "upon"and inside mean the very same thing.
I already gave you an example where in Luke 1: 35 the angel said to Mary that the Holy Spirit will come" upon" thee.
The Holy Spirit had to enter [ into ] into Mary's womb to impregnate her with the Son of God.
Even if it reads that"The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee ' - same thing.

Thanks for helping me to see something.

Sure, the Holy Spirit came UPON Mary and went INSIDE for a split second to perform His miracle.
But, this was the TOTAL OPPOSITE of His going INSIDE a believer and staying there "FOREVER"

(John 14:16-17).

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Thanks for helping me to see something.

Sure, the Holy Spirit came UPON Mary and went INSIDE for a split second to perform His miracle.
But, this was the TOTAL OPPOSITE of His going INSIDE a believer and staying there "FOREVER"

(John 14:16-17).

Exactly, once you receive the Holy Spirit rather" upon" or "inside" it remains with everybody forever. It all means the same thing.Nowhere in Christian history, including especially the early Church, is your novel idea ever practiced.
You must learn to read Holy Scripture as the early Christians understood it, not as you modern -day Protesters interpret it with your 30,000 plus conflicting interpretations with every one of them claming to be the real interpretation, only "one" true Interpretation and only Christ's Apostolic Church has it from the beginning of Christianity. Eph4:3-6 only One True Christian Baptism.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Exactly, once you receive the Holy Spirit rather" upon" or "inside" it remains with everybody forever.
It all means the same thing.
Nowhere in Christian history, including especially the early Church, is your novel idea ever practiced.

This is the last time I will waste my time dealing with YOU about baptisms.

Your ignorance is displayed here once again as you ignore
the history of God's ANOINTING in Scripture.

God's OT prophets said His Spirit came UPON them temporarily ,
which gave them the necessary ANOINTING to prophesy.

The NT days, and today, displays a very similar thing ...
Jesus places the Holy Spirit UPON those whom He wishes to ANOINT with the 9 spiritual gifts (1 Cor 12).
And this UPON anointing occurs when they are baptized with the Holy Spirit.

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
This is the last time I will waste my time dealing with YOU about baptisms.

Your ignorance is displayed here once again as you ignore
the history of God's ANOINTING in Scripture.

God's OT prophets said His Spirit came UPON them temporarily ,
which gave them the necessary ANOINTING to prophesy.

The NT days, and today, displays a very similar thing ...
Jesus places the Holy Spirit UPON those whom He wishes to ANOINT with the 9 spiritual gifts (1 Cor 12).
And this UPON anointing occurs when they are baptized with the Holy Spirit.

John Zane,the divine command of the Lord Jesus Christ to: "make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the" Holy Spirit" (Matt. 28:19).That Baptismal formula includes the Holy Spirit.
Christians, true Christians that is, not JWs ,Mormons or Pentacostals, accept only "one baptism',' as in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
The "other baptisms" that you write about found in Luke's writings , is simply Luke’s way to distinguish Christian baptism from other baptisms of the period, such as John’s baptism (which Luke mentions in Acts 1:5, 22, 10:37, 11:16, 13:24, 18:25, 19:4), Jewish proselyte baptism, and the baptisms of pagan cults (such as Mithraism). It also indicates the person into whose Mystical Body baptism incorporates us (Rom. 6:3).
The early Church Christians have from the beginning recognized that the correct form of baptism requires one to baptize "in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."