A Closer Look at the Genesis Creation Account

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll disagree with you there: if I only wanted to here from my denomination, I would go to a denomination-specific board. I really like hearing the variety of different views here.

to each his own, but i find reading about how some deny Jesus is God, or that some believe that baptism saves to be unsettling.

Reactions: post

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll disagree with you there: if I only wanted to here from my denomination, I would go to a denomination-specific board. I really like hearing the variety of different views here.
I agree absolutely sister. I am not a Trinitarian. If they were to change this forum to be like the others, as with CF where I was content before they changed it, I would soon be gone completely. The problem is where can we go these days but to or with the Lord Himself?

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life." John 6:66-68

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

i suppose the question is, are you here on this forum to learn?? I can tell you im not. If i want to learn, i’ll go to the puritan board or another similar reformed site. I joined here to see what its like, i see more bad theology than good. Reformed people are far and few between on here. A shame really, a simple reorganizing the denominations could really spruce this place up.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
i suppose the question is, are you here on this forum to learn?? I can tell you im not. If i want to learn, i’ll go to the puritan board or another similar reformed site. I joined here to see what its like, i see more bad theology than good. Reformed people are far and few between on here. A shame really, a simple reorganizing the denominations could really spruce this place up.
It's a concern that has been raised before and a question for another topic. Let's be respectful of this one.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am with you here....I learn a great deal about what others believe, and it is good to consider all views, even if they differ from your own. It’s amazing to me that one Bible can be divided up into so many versions of the same book.....it’s also good to provide the basis for your views so that they can be evaluated by others. It’s often what is read into scripture, rather than what scripture itself actually says, that sways beliefs. We believe what we ‘want’ to believe for our own reasons. This is how God examines us. He knows the reasons why we believe certain things, even when we don’t.

An opinion is not of much value without backup, I really like to examine scripture and unpack it’s meaning whilst taking the whole narrative into consideration. All the pieces must fit into the big picture.

I for one am grateful to be able to post on a forum that doesn’t have the rule that “you can’t say that here”.....to me that stifles all debate and leaves people lost....not having other views to evaluate makes a person stagnate spiritually IMO.......all have free will and all can evaluate the views of those with whom we may disagree. We cannot make informed decisions without all the information.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said: "However......Jesus is not God."

This Forum allows you to label yourself as 'Christian', but it is wrong to do so.
Now since you have passed judgement here, it would be fitting and fair to judge you in the same manner: on your fantastic and nonsensical belief that the man Yahshua, the Son of God, is the same, the very same God as his own Father who created him. Or maybe you don't believe that his Father created his Son at all, and he just transformed himself into a man. I guess, they, as the same God(s) are into role playing, aye?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a question am going through looking at the subject Word of life, Word of God, Jesus Christ. And am making a study here and was revising some of the conclusions being deducted with my finite mind with internal Bible evidence.

Now I know that no man has seen God at anytime, and the the Word of God was given the power to create all things.

While reading aloud, it would seems to me that Yahweh being spirit had a mind/will/emotion, and because of that … just now figured out the answer to my own question lol.

Yahweh through the Word of himself; the Word expressed his mind(heart not a physical but figuratively), will and emotion. It sounded a little weird at first. But never mind sorry thank you all.

It is cool to know that the Word made Flesh named Jesus was the one behind all of the creation from the moon, sun, stars, universe, us humans, grass, seas, volcanoes, canyons, animals, lakes, rivers, valleys, mountains, trees, caves, snow, rain, wind, seasons, all of these things.

Expressing the mind/will/emotion of the Father.

May God bless you in your endeavors.

Last edited:

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now since you have passed judgement here, it would be fitting and fair to judge you in the same manner: on your fantastic and nonsensical belief that the man Yahshua, the Son of God, is the same, the very same God as his own Father who created him. Or maybe you don't believe that his Father created his Son at all, and he just transformed himself into a man. I guess, they, as the same God(s) are into role playing, aye?

Jesus wasnt created, He has always existed and always will, the same for the Holy Spirit. Three persons, one God. The Trinity.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus wasnt created, He has always existed and always will, the same for the Holy Spirit. Three persons, one God. The Trinity.

So Jesus was never created to be a human man by his Father over 2000 years ago? So he somehow, somewhere for some reason unknown, and without biblical support just hung around before the material world was created and then on his cue, appeared inside a woman at the appropriate time to eventually say he has a Father that created him, and he is the Son of his Father and the son of man - a true 100% human being?

Did Jesus transform himself, because he was God, into a god-man of dual natures, or did his Father, the same God, transform him into a god-man? I guess you might say silly, God the Spirit transformed Jesus into a god-man, of two-natures? And so who is the Spirit God? Isn't it the Spirit and power of the Father himself, who created Jesus as a human male over 2000 years ago?

This pagan Triune god concept has corrupted and divided so many Christians over the centuries. Its teachers have led many astray, away from grace of God Almighty, into believing that Jesus was not really the Son of his Father and therefore not a true human being that walked this earth. I wonder what Christ who think of this 1600 year old Greek-Roman pagan god idea of himself?

Is this teaching then of the true Christ or a false Christ, a replacement for the true Christ?

I would suggest you meditate on the last question for quite awhile.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus was never created to be a human man by his Father over 2000 years ago? So he somehow, somewhere for some reason unknown, and without biblical support just hung around before the material world was created and then on his cue, appeared inside a woman at the appropriate time to eventually say he has a Father that created him, and he is the Son of his Father and the son of man - a true 100% human being?

Did Jesus transform himself, because he was God, into a god-man of dual natures, or did his Father, the same God, transform him into a god-man? I guess you might say silly, God the Spirit transformed Jesus into a god-man, of two-natures? And so who is the Spirit God? Isn't it the Spirit and power of the Father himself, who created Jesus as a human male over 2000 years ago?

This pagan Triune god concept has corrupted and divided so many Christians over the centuries. Its teachers have led many astray, away from grace of God Almighty, into believing that Jesus was not really the Son of his Father and therefore not a true human being that walked this earth. I wonder what Christ who think of this 1600 year old Greek-Roman pagan god idea of himself?

Is this teaching then of the true Christ or a false Christ, a replacement for the true Christ?

I would suggest you meditate on the last question for quite awhile.

Jesus was 100% man, 100% God. The Trinity have always existed. The Trinity are coexistent, coequal. They each have a role.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This pagan Triune god concept has corrupted and divided so many Christians over the centuries.
No it is definitely not a pagan concept. Rather the pagans may have gotten their idea from the Bible. It does not matter either way, since Scripture is very clear. All Christians must be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, since there are three that bear record in Heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost, and these three are One (Mt 28:19; 1 John 5:7).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...a simple reorganizing the denominations could really spruce this place up.
That's rich. While Reformed Theology clearly upholds the triune Godhead and the deity of Christ, it has presented the world with "another gospel" (see Galatians 1). As a matter of fact, there were a couple of Calvinists here some time ago, but they could get no traction for their false gospel (just like the LDS church has a false gospel, and so does the Catholic church).

It is quite significant (and also very disturbing) that on every Christian board, these fundamental doctrines are always under attack. Just like the eternal security of the believer.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also, it isn't only Genesis that stipulates a 6 day creation. Deuteronomy and Exodus state "for in 6 days the Lord created...
Correct. How do people calling themselves Christian go off the rails so completely and deny the very basis of the Bible -- the book of Genesis?

Reactions: Brakelite

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus was 100% man
Yes, that is what the Bible says....

100% God.
No sorry, I can’t find that anywhere.

The Trinity have always existed.
Not in Christianity, it hasn’t. It was introduced into church doctrine over 300 years after Jesus died.
The Jews have never believed in a triune God. Jesus was Jewish.

Triune gods have existed for thousands of years in paganism however.
Some, long before Christ walked the earth.

images
images
images

images
images
images

The Trinity are coexistent, coequal.
Nope...that is not in scripture either.

They each have a role.
Yes, they certainly do....just not as a godhead.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No sorry, I can’t find that anywhere.
Aunty Jane, it is one thing to plead ignorance, but it is another thing to blatantly lie. You claim that you cannot find that Jesus is God in the Bible? Well pay close attention and repent:

HEBREWS 1: GOD THE FATHER ADDRESSES GOD THE SON
8 But unto the Son [Jesus] he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

JOHN 1: JESUS IS THE WORD, WHO IS THE CREATOR
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what false doctrine and deceit would that be compared with what Christendom has taught for centuries.....?
palm

Want to talk about it?

....I actually had to look up your profile to see if you were an adult....
whistling
@Aunty Jane

Do you think it is more likely that the understanding of the Bible was more accurate 2,000 years or that it wasn't and everyone was deceived and sent to hell before a man from Pennsylvania in 1870 came up with his own conclusions?

What would show a more just God?

Isn't it more likely that when Jesus said "It is finished" he meant it?

"Let the lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering." That was said by missionaries to their families as they sailed off when they sold themselves into slavery.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Aunty Jane, it is one thing to plead ignorance, but it is another thing to blatantly lie. You claim that you cannot find that Jesus is God in the Bible? Well pay close attention and repent:
I have nothing to repent from.....I am not altering the true nature of Jesus' God....the church did that many centuries ago.
If Jesus was always God, where is he in the OT? Why did no ancient prophet ever speak of this three headed god?
If God can be in three places at once, and have a conversation with himself in each place...that makes him three gods, not one.

HEBREWS 1: GOD THE FATHER ADDRESSES GOD THE SON
8 But unto the Son [Jesus] he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
In English.....please....who speaks like that in the 21st century...?
palm

"But regarding the Son He says,

“Your throne, God, is forever and ever,
And the scepter of righteousness is the scepter of His kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of joy above Your companions.”

Paul is quoting Psalm 45:6-7...
"Your throne, God, is forever and ever;
The scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of justice.
7 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of joy above Your companions.”

The preceding verses say that God is speaking, not that he is being addressed; and the following verse uses the expression “God, YOUR God,” showing that the one addressed is not the Most High God but is a worshiper of that God. Hebrews 1:8 quotes Psalm 45:6, which originally was addressed to a human king of Israel. Obviously, the Bible writer of this Psalm did not think that this human king was Almighty God.

”10 You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the works of Your hands;
11 They will perish, but You remain;
And they all will wear out like a garment,

Again, quoting the Psalms....
Psalm 102:25-27....
"In time of old You founded the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
26 Even they will perish, but You endure;
All of them will wear out like a garment;
Like clothing You will change them and they will pass away.
27 But You are the same,
And Your years will not come to an end."
(NASB)

Yes, Jesus was the agency “through whom” all creation came to be. (Colossians 1:15-17)
Jesus is not the Creator.

JOHN 1: JESUS IS THE WORD, WHO IS THE CREATOR
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Yes, the pre-human Jesus was at his Father’s side in creation. (Proverbs 8:30-31)

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Aunty Jane

Do you think it is more likely that the understanding of the Bible was more accurate 2,000 years or that it wasn't and everyone was deceived and sent to hell before a man from Pennsylvania in 1870 came up with his own conclusions?
Since the unfolding of God’s purpose was revealed gradually and incrementally over time....and Daniel prophesied that God would ‘cleanse, whiten and refine’ a people in “the time of the end”, it is my understanding that this is exactly what happened...not just with one man but a group of men from different denominations who were drawn together to examine God’s word thoroughly and to make necessary adjustments in their beliefs as the need arose. (Daniel 12: 4, 9-10) That thorough investigation resulted in them separating from all connection to Christendom.

Since I have no belief in Hell, all the dead sleep in their graves awaiting a resurrection. (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10; John 5:28-29)

Jesus’ parable of the “wheat and the weeds” explains what happened to Christianity over many centuries. What we see today is nothing like the Christianity started by Jesus Christ.

What would show a more just God?
One who reveals his confidential matters to his prophets. (Amos 3:7)

Isn't it more likely that when Jesus said "It is finished" he meant it?
The mission upon which Jesus was sent, culminated in his death, which was the price of redemption of the human race.

"Let the lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering." That was said by missionaries to their families as they sailed off when they sold themselves into slavery.
The lamb did indeed receive his reward. (Philippians 2:9-11)

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-@Aunty Jane -

I get your opening OP as your general reflection on the Big Picture, and your awe of that, and was worded quite nicely.

I somewhat disagree with this comment:

When God created the heavens and the Earth, He brought everything into existence in one almighty act of power......

Perspective...being EVERYTHING God Created, God immediately then ... MADE "something" unique about the Thing He Created.
Created man...Made man alive.
Two different things.

Our Saving Grace of God "HIS MAKING"...
Continues IN His "every individual" Created thing.

Gen 2:
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Glory to God,
Taken