A Conversation with a 4-year-old in Children's Choir...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kimberly

Mar 25, 2011
Louisiana
This conversation took place a few weeks ago on a Wednesday night. It is typical of many conversations with this particular child.

Katelyn (4 yrs. old): "Ms. Kim, why can't we see God through the ceiling?"

Me: "Well, our eyes aren't built for that."

Katelyn: "Why can He see us?"

Me: "Because He is God and can do anything."

...Katelyn (looking up at the ceiling annoyed): "You'd at least think we could see His feet!"

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to chuckle at that one. :D

One of my first memories is a very similar question I asked my parents. I wanted to know where God was in the roof of the church so I could see him and I'm pretty sure I asked it at near or a little older in age. In fact, we were in the balcony about to head down the stairs, so I guess I thought I was as close as possible. My wife and I were talking about this just the other day.

Some things are just a little difficult to understand sometimes when you're young. ;)

Amazing Grace

Mar 21, 2011
Oh yes they are soooo cute at that age. Reminds me very much of my nephew as he grew up. The only one (in my family) who was interested in Christianity from an early age. We had lots of great conversations about God and what He could and couldn't do, back then. Nephew going through teenage years at the moment, not as open and talkative now days. Oh well, I know he has had a good grounding in the Lord.

Thanks it brought back great memories.