A Day in the Life (Heaven)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
Revelation 21
The New Jerusalem, the Bride of the Lamb

[sup]9[/sup] One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” [sup]10[/sup] And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. [sup]11[/sup] It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. [sup]12[/sup] It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel. [sup]13[/sup] There were three gates on the east, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west. [sup]14[/sup] The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
[sup]15[/sup] The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls. [sup]16[/sup] The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia[sup][c][/sup] in length, and as wide and high as it is long. [sup]17[/sup] The angel measured the wall using human measurement, and it was 144 cubits[sup][d][/sup] thick.[sup][e][/sup] [sup]18[/sup] The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. [sup]19[/sup] The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, [sup]20[/sup] the fifth onyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth turquoise, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.[sup][f][/sup] [sup]21[/sup] The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass.
[sup]22[/sup] I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. [sup]23[/sup]The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. [sup]24[/sup] The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. [sup]25[/sup] On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. [sup]26[/sup] The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. [sup]27[/sup] Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
---------------------

I am naturally an imaginative person, and I've often wondered what a typical day in heaven will be like.

I realize being in the midst of God will be overwhelming as is. Besides worshiping and enjoying God, what other activities or tasks do you think we would be doing on a daily basis on the New Earth/Heaven?

(*Imaginative opinions and scriptural references welcome.)

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Revelation 21
The New Jerusalem, the Bride of the Lamb

[sup]9[/sup] One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” [sup]10[/sup] And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. [sup]11[/sup] It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. [sup]12[/sup] It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel. [sup]13[/sup] There were three gates on the east, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west. [sup]14[/sup] The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
[sup]15[/sup] The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls. [sup]16[/sup] The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia[sup][c][/sup] in length, and as wide and high as it is long. [sup]17[/sup] The angel measured the wall using human measurement, and it was 144 cubits[sup][d][/sup] thick.[sup][e][/sup] [sup]18[/sup] The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. [sup]19[/sup] The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, [sup]20[/sup] the fifth onyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth turquoise, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.[sup][f][/sup] [sup]21[/sup] The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass.
[sup]22[/sup] I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. [sup]23[/sup]The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. [sup]24[/sup] The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. [sup]25[/sup] On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. [sup]26[/sup] The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. [sup]27[/sup] Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
---------------------

I am naturally an imaginative person, and I've often wondered what a typical day in heaven will be like.

I realize being in the midst of God will be overwhelming as is. Besides worshiping and enjoying God, what other activities or tasks do you think we would be doing on a daily basis on the New Earth/Heaven?

(*Imaginative opinions and scriptural references welcome.)
I did have a dream once, but it seemed more like a vision. I saw the colors of Heaven and they were a 100x more vivid, more richer, more vibrant than any colors that are on the Earth. I have a feeling that the colors of the actual Heaven will be the same as what I saw in my dream. I really wish dreams had a rewind button.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I'm glad dreams don't ahve a rewind button.

Still I udnerstand exactly what you mean about things in Heaven seeming more real, more vibrant and more alive. That's because they really are. This fallen world we live in now is not how things were mean't to be, only a shadow or barely a shadow. Heven and hell as well as what is truly real. with all that is truly good in Heaven and all that is truly Evil in Hell. Those who ahve had near death experiences be they of Heaven or of Hell all say that what they experience is so much more real than what we tend to call the real world.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I'm glad dreams don't ahve a rewind button.

Still I udnerstand exactly what you mean about things in Heaven seeming more real, more vibrant and more alive. That's because they really are. This fallen world we live in now is not how things were mean't to be, only a shadow or barely a shadow. Heven and hell as well as what is truly real. with all that is truly good in Heaven and all that is truly Evil in Hell. Those who ahve had near death experiences be they of Heaven or of Hell all say that what they experience is so much more real than what we tend to call the real world.
AMEN !!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven is more real than our world - we are mere shadows in comparison.

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
be fruitfull, subdue, have dominum, replentish, maybe this time we will succeed. :rolleyes:

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
Wow, what a great question, and I love you guys' responses!
I Corinthians 2:9: "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
You know what I want to hear so much? The Choir of Heaven sing the old hymns we all love so much! Wow. Just wow.

And you know what else? I wonder how it will be when we meet our loved ones there? Will we recognize them with their glorified bodies? Because some of them died when they looked quite ill, of course. It is going to have to be the most beautiful experience in our existence to be there with the Lord and our loved ones. They say there will be no tears in Heaven but I will be wanting to cry my eyes out seeing my loved ones again and just enjoying it all, especially after so many trials and tribulations in this world.

Reactions: aspen