A discussion about Freemasonry.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And my hope for you is that you continue doing your wonderful work with children more and more - and that I can do even a fraction of the good you all do for God's children. And I could care less if you're a Jew or an Athiest or a half baked imperfect Christian or the best Christian. Keep up the good work.
(But this place may not be for you.)

:) Miss Hepburn

cemab4y

Jan 14, 2008
quote- Then why do you think its ok for you to come here and expect us to embrace your philosophy when its against our belief and who we are ... Seems a little hypocritical to me ...accepting all religions is againist our religion period !!!!!! your organization does this and puts oaths of men above God also against our religion .. We will never accept your organization ... and you would have to put God before your organization to be a Christian ... So there seems little point in you being here if thats all you what to discuss... end quote

-----
I am not interested in getting anyone to embrace a philosophy. The discussion is to give people who are interested, a chance to learn more about Freemasonry and the appendant bodies.

Masonry is not a religion, and it accepts into membership, men of many different religions. This acceptance of men, and toleration of different religions, does not mean that Masonry approves of any specific creed. Masonry, wisely, stays out of religious debates, and remains neutral on the subject of religion.

When a man joins Masonry, he takes an oath. When a man joins the Air Force, he takes an oath. This does not mean that a man puts the oath(s) above God. The oaths of Masonry, in no way conflict with the duties that a man owes to God.

cemab4y

Jan 14, 2008
Eminent Commander, Sir Knights, Brethren, and Guests:

Good evening. Thank you for inviting me to speak with you tonight, I feel honored to be here. While I have travelled in masonry for many years now, and have sat in the East in Blue Lodge, I must admit that this is the first time I have stood among such a distinguished gathering of defenders of the faith and exemplars of service to the call of Christ. So tonight I greet you in the name of Christ and say the Peace of Christ be with you.

My friends, I come before you this evening wearing two badges, or emblems if you will. One emblem is my Lambskin, or white leathern apron, which, as you well know, is the badge of a Mason. It has special significance for me tonight, as it was a cold December evening many years ago when I was told that my faith was well founded and I was called out of darkness into light. It was that evening in a Lodge room not unlike this one, when I accepted and embraced my obligation to contribute to the relief of the distresses of humanity, practice Brotherly love and seek Truth.

My other emblem is the cross I wear around my neck, which is also the badge of my profession. It too has significance, as it was presented to me during my Ordination and it alludes to the obligation I took upon myself, to proclaim the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, to comfort the afflicted, and to work for the Reign of God. I wear both tonight because at I stand before you in both roles, minister and mason. As all of you wear similar badges, we are united in a common bond, both faithfully and fraternally.

The question with which I wrestle tonight, and invite you to wrestle with as well, is how both of these roles converge and inter-relate during this season of Advent. This is the time of preparation for us as Christians, a time of expectant waiting for the coming of the Christ child in the remembrance of Christmas, but also of our expectation that Christ will come again. We are engaged in a season of Hope and we know that Hope will not disappoint us.

Two thousand or so years ago, the world was in darkness. God’s people were filled with both despair and hope. They were burdened and oppressed and cried out to God for redemption. Their trust was in God and their faith was well founded. Just as God had promised through Moses in the Divine proclamation “I have heard the cries of my children, I know their sufferings and I have come down to redeem them” and had reiterated through the prophetic voices of two seasons of exile, the fullness of time had come. God reached through the boundaries of space and time and came to us as Emmanuel, God with us. The time of expectation had been fulfilled.

My friends, with the birth of the Christ child the Word which was God became flesh to dwell among us. As John proclaimed in his Gospel, “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it.” (John 1:4-5) In that moment, that moment of the first Christmas, all of humanity was called from darkness into light. Hope became the great light amid the darkness of despair and redemption illuminated the darkness of oppression. God had indeed fulfilled God’s promises, Glory to God in the Highest and on earth, peace, goodwill toward all of humankind!

Such is the Christmas we anticipate celebrating tonight as we gather. And yet, we would be remiss if we focus only on celebration, for the Kingdom of God is both now and not yet. The coming of Christ also signified the beginning of Christ’s ministry, when God laid the designs upon the Trestleboard for us to follow in our endeavor to build that house not made with hands. In that first Christmas moment, God not only redeemed us, but also invited us to participate in the ritual drama of God’s salvation history.

Several years after that first Christmas, Christ would stand in the Temple holding the scroll of Isaiah in his hand. With an eloquent discourse, he proclaimed for all time “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.” (Luke 4:18-19) With that proclamation, Christ engaged in a ministry which was a living witness to God’s tenets of Brotherly love, concern for others, relief, faith, hope and charity.

My friends, I also stand before you tonight with a heavy heart. This Advent, the world in which we live is in a time of darkness, not unlike that first Christmas season. God’s children are hungry tonight. God’s children are homeless. God’s children are oppressed by job loss, oppressed by a poor economy, and burdened by fear. Our time, my brothers, is a dark time and God’s children, our brothers and sisters are crying out for redemption, hoping for Hope.

We may look around and feel that the task to which we have been called, the obligation to relieve the distressed which we have taken upon ourselves, is overwhelming. Indeed, it may feel impossible. But there is Good News. Our faith is well founded, and with God all things are possible. Emmanuel, God with us has breached the boundaries and the darkness of our time can NOT contain the Light. The Word will still break forth the Kingdom of God .

Advent is the season of expectant Hope. Christmas is the moment when Hope triumphs over the power of despair. But that Word of Hope must ever be vigilantly nurtured, guarded, defended and proclaimed. My Brothers, we have been called to protect and defend pilgrims of the faith and to share with them the Word which calls all of humanity from darkness into light. Our emblems remind us of our obligation to prepare the way of the Lord this Christmas season. My hope tonight is that we will once again arise, follow our leader and fear no danger.

So tonight I say to you, in the name and spirit of Jesus Christ, Merry Christmas. May your Advent season be a time of expectation, hope and celebration. May Christmas be a blessing to you and once again inspire you to fulfill your obligation to be a blessing to all of humanity. Amen.

Think Critically, Reflect Faithfully, Act Prophetically!
Rev. Gunnar A. Cerda, MDiv
Ordained Minister in the United Church of Christ
ICU Chaplain Resident-- Riverside Methodist Hospital

cemab4y

Jan 14, 2008
Masonry and the spirit of Christmas:

http://www.freemasoninformation.com/2009/12/the-spirit-of-christmas-describes-the-practice-of-a-mason

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Cemab4y

I neglected to thank you for the insight you provided us regarding your experience with The Lodge. Thank you also for being a gentleman throughout these discussions. I appreciate it greatly.

It would appear you feel you are in a good group and that you are comfortable being a Christian & Mason. I am not qualified to judge you , and by your posts you sound like a careful intelligent man , so I have no worries in your regard.

I chose to point out a few examples of the darker side of the Lodge , and as I said earlier , many of these things are kept secret from other Lodge members as well as the general public.

Thanks again and I hope you had a good Christmas.

Martin.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
There is a statue of General Winfield Scott in Washington D.C. and it is the only
one that does not give any clues as to who this man was or why he was being
honored with a statue. There is only one word on the statue itself—“Scott”—and
there are no signs or monuments nearby to explain it. No title, rank, or even a
first name was inscribed anywhere. The only clue we had was that across the
street was the General Scott Hotel. This told us that he was a general.

We had to find him on the internet. He was the longest-serving general in history
(56 years) and he retired in 1861 toward the beginning of the Civil War. I believe
that there was a reason why he disrespectfully appears only by the name “Scott.”
I believe that it is not really a monument to the general. In fact, it was meant to be
an insult to the general by stripping him of his rank and identity. It was instead a
monument to Scottish Rite Masonry, and for this reason the statue is located on
the forehead of the Baphomet street design just a few blocks south of the Masonic
Temple.

Baphomet is “the god of wisdom” to high-ranking Masons. He was portrayed as
having the head of a goat, but had the body of a man and breasts of a woman.
He was also part dog and part bull. This was the way he was portrayed in the
19th century painting by the well-known Mason, Eliphas Levi.

In William E. Mann’s book, The Knights Templar in the New World, p. 121 and
122, he writes:

“The Nineteenth-century occultist Alphonse Constant, a former Roman Catholic
priest who took the Jewish pseudonym Eliphas Levi, wrote extensively about
Baphomet as a conduit to God. According to Levi, the head of Baphomet is seen
to combine the characteristics of a dog, a bull, and a goat, which are meant to
represent the three sources of the pagan Mystery tradition . . . Baphomet’s
androgynous nature is emphasized by one arm being mascular and masculine
while the other is of a more feminine nature.”

Later, on page 185, the same author writes,

“It was determined that there exists a secret code in a number of the Dead Sea
Scrolls that the Templars may have learned during their time in the Holy Land.
Indeed, a noted expert on early Christianity, Dr. High Schonfield, demonstrated
that if the name Baphomet was written in this code and then translated, the
result would be the Greek word Sophia (meaning wisdom). From this, it can be
concluded that when the Templars worshipped Baphomet, what they were really
worshipping was the principle of wisdom and not some form of Satanism.”
[end quote]

There is no doubt that the Templars thought they had tapped into the real divine
power, wisdom, and knowledge of the universe. I do not doubt their sincerity.
However, in trying too hard to find “wisdom” apart from asking God (James 1:5),
they sought it from other sources. And they were given a measure of it from
spiritual forces that claimed to be the source of true religion but were, in fact,
demonic.

Their wisdom is different from the wisdom of God. This is precisely what Paul
was talking about when he wrote in 1 Corinthians 1:17-21,

17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in
cleverness [sophia, “wisdom”] of speech, that the cross of Christ should
not be made void. 18 For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing
foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is
written, I will destroy the wisdom [sophian] of the wise [sophon], and the
cleverness of the clever I will set aside. 20 Where is the wise man [sophos]?
Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made
foolish the wisdom [sophian] of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom
[sophia] of God the world through its wisdom [sophias] did not come to know
God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message
preached to save those who believe.

Those who know not the gospel seek to acquire “lost” wisdom that God took
away from Adam after he sinned.
Their search for wisdom does give them a
lot of genuine knowledge, of course, and this has historically been expressed
in terms of their knowledge of architecture in building cathedrals and public
buildings. But in their search for good knowledge, they have not asked Jesus
Christ for wisdom, because they felt like Jesus was out to hide these things
from men. Instead, they have gone to Baphomet, the false god of worldly
wisdom and have identified him as the true God.

The Grand Commander of Scottish Rite Masonry in the 1800’s, Albert Pike,
calls Masonry the “successor of the Mysteries” in his book, Morals and
Dogma, page 22. On page 23 he writes,

“Though Masonry is identical with the ancient Mysteries, it is so only in this
qualified sense: that it presents but an imperfect image of their brilliancy, the
ruins only of their grandeur, and a system that has experienced progressive
alterations, the fruits of social events, political circumstances, and the
ambitious imbecility of its improvers.” [end quote]

In other words, Masonry tries hard to imitate the Egyptian Mystery religion,
and they only regret that they fall short of its “brilliancy.” The Bible, of course,
has much to say about the Egyptian religion, and by no stretch of the
imagination does it promote it as a true religion.

It is interesting that the fifth vial was to be poured out upon “the throne of
the beast,” while Pergamos was called “Satan’s throne.” The connection
is Aesculapius, the god of medicine and healing.

Jay Atkinson writes an article, saying,

“Pergamum was the famous site of the temple to Aesculapius, the Greek
god of healing supposed to be the founder of medical science and
immortalized in the sky as the constellation Ophiuchus. The city became
the seat of Babylonian sun worship, a noble center of idolatry and demon
controlled religions with splendid temples to Nature. People from all over
the Roman empire came to seek healing in this pagan temple and the
shrine area was inhabited by thousands of harmless snakes. On the hills
of Acropolis stood resplendent buildings, statuary, palaces, and the great
library as well as the temples and an altar of ‘Zeus the Savior.’ Medicine
and science was worshipped here and the symbol of their worship was
the serpent. The snake was carried down into our own day with a staff
entwined with serpents called the caduceus, still using the snake as a
symbol for the medical arts; Aesculapius is depicted holding the
caduceus in his hand.” [end quote]

The caduceus is, even today, the primary symbol of the medical profession.
It can have either a positive or a negative connotation. On the negative side,
the caduceus of Pergamos, “Satan’s throne,” referred to the serpent in the
tree in the story of Adam and Eve. On the positive side, it was the bronze
serpent in the wilderness under Moses. When the people looked upon that
serpent, they were healed of the serpent bites (curse of sin). Num. 21:9 says,

9 And Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on the standard; and it came
about, that if a serpent bit any man, when he looked to the bronze serpent, he
lived.

In John 3:14, 15 and again in John 12:32, 33, Jesus was compared to that
serpent that Moses lifted up in the wilderness. Some find this strange that
Jesus would be compared to the serpent when He was lifted up on the
cross. But in His death, He was made to be a curse for us. The bronze
serpent was the antidote to the poison of the serpents that had bitten the
people. That poison is sin, and the antidote was that Jesus was made a
curse for us, that we might live.

Israel’s experience in the wilderness illustrates for us all the fact that sin,
rebellion, and witchcraft bring judgment from the law, for that is the function
of the law. That judgment is called “the curse of the law” in Galatians 3:13,

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a
curse for us—for it is written, ‘Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree’—
14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come
to the Gentiles [ethnos, “nations”], so that we might receive the
promise of the Spirit through faith.

The function of the law is to judge all sin and to set the standard that
defines sin and righteousness. When a person commits sin, the law
corrects the sinner in order to restore him back to a right relationship
with his neighbors. Jesus Christ took our curse upon Himself to pay
for the sin of the world. In that capacity, He made Himself a serpent.

This is the positive side to the caduceus, the serpent on the pole or tree.
The priests in the temple of Aesculapius in Pergamos did not know the
positive side of this, and that is why Paul had to preach Christ to the
people of that city. Their serpent-worship was a counterfeit that ended
up worshipping the serpent in Genesis 3, and this made them “Satan’s
throne.”

Another example is when Moses threw down his rod, and it turned
into a serpent (Ex. 4:3). The rod represents lawful authority. When
one casts the law’s authority to the ground, it becomes a serpent to
him. The law will “bite” you if you cast it to the ground. That is, the law
becomes a curse to the one who despises it. Later, Pharaoh’s
magicians did the same thing (Ex. 7:11). Their rods represent the
traditions of men which they consider to be authoritative. Moses’
serpent (staff) ate them alive (Ex. 7:12), showing that God’s law is
greater than the traditions of men. This is the lesson God taught
Moses and all of us.

In the painting of Baphomet by Eliphas Levi, the caduceus is portrayed
in the beast’s groin area. Here, then, is the connecting link between
the god of Masonry and the medical-drug system. The two come
together in the Shriners Hospitals, the primary philanthropic medical
arm of the Masonic Order. Masons can always point to these when
the Order itself comes under criticism, as if doing good compensates
for the worship of Baphomet.

Logabe

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I'm a Freemasonand I have never found anything that conflicts with Christianity, rather it strengthens and boulsters ones faith. There are many orders one can join such as the Rose Croix, Red Cross of Constantine and Knkights Templar which areChristian Orders. I myself hope to join the Knights Templar and the Knights of Malta in a couple of years. There is no new world order, no Baphomet nothing like that. Freemasonry takes good men and makse them better through allagorical teaching and through helping the community

BTW the Baphomet is nothing to do with Masons, some say it is another name for Mohammed and others say it is the preserved head of John the Baptist, either way NOTHING TO DO WITH FREEMASONY.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
I received an email today from [email protected] suggesting that I start a discussion about Freemasonry. So here goes!

I started a topic some time ago, and it was shut down. We are trying it again.

If you have any questions about Freemasonry, please post them here!

have the free masons Officialy rejected every god excepting the Triune Chrsitian God yet ?, and have they officialy said Jesus is the one and only way to heaven yet?
and have they officaly stated the holy Christian Bible is the only book that is Gods word yet?

and have all the lodges agree to this yet.?

when that happens they wont need to have their secret and dark teachings that the devil loves .

They can come out in to the light of Gods word.

Galatians 1
1Paul, an apostle—sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead— 2and all the brothers with me,
To the churches in Galatia:

3Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

No Other Gospel
6I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
I'm a Freemasonand I have never found anything that conflicts with Christianity, rather it strengthens and boulsters ones faith. There are many orders one can join such as the Rose Croix, Red Cross of Constantine and Knkights Templar which areChristian Orders. I myself hope to join the Knights Templar and the Knights of Malta in a couple of years. There is no new world order, no Baphomet nothing like that. Freemasonry takes good men and makse them better through allagorical teaching and through helping the community

BTW the Baphomet is nothing to do with Masons, some say it is another name for Mohammed and others say it is the preserved head of John the Baptist, either way NOTHING TO DO WITH FREEMASONY.

Then show us their official statement where they say the Triune Christian God Is the only true God

and Jesus is the one and only way to heaven.

What they do is done in secret.  It is not intended for us to know.

Many branches of Masonic , many levels , some are harmless local clubs , some are not.

What happens in the higher levels is kept secret from the lower levels.

Some branches claim to allow Christianity , but also allow any other religion as well.  Some branches refuse any mention of Christ.

Is it a giant conspiracy??? Look at it this way ..... everything in the secular world is a giant conspiracy by the evil one to keep men from Christ. Under this umbrella may be included several clubs and organizations .

By default we Christians are separate from these things , at least we should be. For us to spend our efforts  trying to analyse secret clubs will only consume a lot of time.

In the end you will determine they are of the world.  If they were Christian they would tell us. Things done in secret are occult.

free masonary is a religious organization that says any god will do ya and you cant talk about the superioraty of Jesus over the false gods in the lodge,

yet

When one climbs the ladder through all there teaching freemasonary itself "eventualy becomes ones chrurch and god..

Free masons also receive a secret book that they are not allowed to tell what is in it .
when my father in law died i found that blasphemous little book and gave it to my pastor
so he could better show people why they had to quit freemasonary if they wanted to become a member of our
christian church.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Freemasonry can never be a religion because if it was it would be very difficult for say a person to be amember of a lodge and a church. before I joined FM I spoke to some Masons who are VERY devout Christians and one of them was an Evangelical, one was a Liberal and one was an Anglo-Catholic. They said there was no conflict between being a Mason and being a Christian and I have not had any.

Freemasonry is all inclusive. The reason why it requires people to believe in a supreme being is because it recognises religion as a neccessaary force for a man's moral development and moral well being. The fact that acandidate ahs a faith demonstrates that he is able to recieve the character building that freemasonry provides. If he didn't have that faith then much of this would be like water off a duck's back.

Anyway, there are masonic groups where one must be a proffessing Trinitarian Christian to join, such as the Knight's Templar.

Visit your local lodge on an open day and you will wee that there is nothing there which you could find blasphemous. When you see how Freemasonry brings men together and makes them better, you might even want to join yourself. You'd see that most masons aren't sinister, their just ordinary down to earth men who abide by the law and want to make things bettr for the community.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Ill bet that when your pastor read "that blasphemous little book," he couldn't find anything wrong with it. He'd be hard pressed to find ayting to sermonise on except just how good and wholesome freemasonry really is. Have you read the book?

I'm proud to be a Mason, sometimes I wear my Masonic tie in church along with my Msonic lapel pins. My Bishop noticed these and and told me he had no problem with freemasonry and that he didn't believe any of the slander. The whole congregation knows I'm a Mason and there are other Masons in the Parish, one of them is Treasurer and no-one has a problem with it.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Ill bet that when your pastor read "that blasphemous little book," he couldn't find anything wrong with it. He'd be hard pressed to find ayting to sermonise on except just how good and wholesome freemasonry really is. Have you read the book?

I'm proud to be a Mason, sometimes I wear my Masonic tie in church along with my Msonic lapel pins. My Bishop noticed these and and told me he had no problem with freemasonry and that he didn't believe any of the slander. The whole congregation knows I'm a Mason and there are other Masons in the Parish, one of them is Treasurer and no-one has a problem with it.

I have read the little blue book before. It claims that John the baptist was a mason which is outright blasphemy. It also speaks of oaths and how to adress the worshipfull master as the masons call them. About half of it is secret code and the other half translates the code. Im not a mason at all i never go near the junk but sadly my brother is. Thats how i know all this stuff. And the masons consider the bible as a decoration not the foundation of masonry. Truth is the masons beleive that as long as you acknoledge a higher power you can be in. You can be of ANY religion as long as you acknowlege a higher power and give an oath to that supposed higher power. Theres a problem with that the bible says that christ is the ONLY way to salvation but the masons teach many ways and many false religions all lead to one path. Thats also false teaching.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
They don't really teach it as such. Like I said it's non-religious and all inclusive that is why it doesn't matter what religion you are. The Great architect of the universe is allagorical. The members follow their own religion. Freemasonry keeps out of religion as well as politics. These two things are not to be discussed in any Lodge because they are divicive.

I don't know anything about this John the Baptist stuff, but I'll as my brethren about that. I don't think there's any truth in it though bvecause there was no Freemasonry in 1st century Judea.

The Worshipful Master is the name of the Mason who runs the Lodge for a year, when his term is done he is called a Worshipful Breother.

The Volume of Sacred Law. In our Lodge it is a 250 year old King James Bible, which one takes their oaths on. There arw jewish Lodges that used the Torah and in Muslim countries they use the Qu'ran.

Guess what! You won't believe this but I BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO SALVATION AS WELL. I don't find being a Mason compromises that at all because Freemasonry is a hobby not a religion.

"Secret code." I think you picked up the Davinchi code by mistake

Answer me this! Why is it that so many non-Masons seem to know more aobut it than active members of Masonic lodges?

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
From United Grand Lodge of England website

Are you not a religion?

Emphatically not. Freemasonry does not try to replace religion or substitute for it. It deals in a man’s relationship with his fellow man not in a man’s relationship with his God.

Why do some churches not like Freemasonry?
There are elements within churches who misunderstand Freemasonry and its objectives. They confuse secular rituals with religious liturgy. There are many Masons in churches where their leaders have been openly critical of the organisation. Masonry has always actively encouraged its members to be active in their own religion.

I hope this clears up the misunderstanding

gumby

May 29, 2009
They don't really teach it as such. Like I said it's non-religious and all inclusive that is why it doesn't matter what religion you are. The Great architect of the universe is allagorical. The members follow their own religion. Freemasonry keeps out of religion as well as politics. These two things are not to be discussed in any Lodge because they are divicive.

I don't know anything about this John the Baptist stuff, but I'll as my brethren about that. I don't think there's any truth in it though bvecause there was no Freemasonry in 1st century Judea.

The Worshipful Master is the name of the Mason who runs the Lodge for a year, when his term is done he is called a Worshipful Breother.

The Volume of Sacred Law. In our Lodge it is a 250 year old King James Bible, which one takes their oaths on. There arw jewish Lodges that used the Torah and in Muslim countries they use the Qu'ran.

Guess what! You won't believe this but I BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO SALVATION AS WELL. I don't find being a Mason compromises that at all because Freemasonry is a hobby not a religion.

"Secret code." I think you picked up the Davinchi code by mistake

Answer me this! Why is it that so many non-Masons seem to know more aobut it than active members of Masonic lodges?

Well theres a number of diffrent problems with the above list. The bible clearly states dont wirship anyone other than god, dont take any oaths, no religion mixing because god doesnt like it. I bet you didnt know this as well but when masons reach the 33rd degree they proclaim lucifer as light. Another evil teaching of the masons.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Just got back from my ldge. No-one thinks John the Baptist waa Mason. In our ldoge we have a parchment with a long line of Grand Masters that incldues Julius Caesar, Constantine and various English kings. we don't really consider it to be accurate, more of a Victorian invention. Saying that the present Queen's father; George VI was Mason. In the Uatumn I will become a master mason and that is when I get my own copy of the little blue book, but fromwhat I've read in the ntered apprentice and Fellowcraft degrees there is no secret code.

It is possible that the book you read was not part of Craft freemasonry but a side degree. Next year I hope to join Holy Royal Arch and the Knight's Templar and Knights of Malta soon after. The Masonic Knights Templar and Knights of Malta are deeply Christian orders and require initiates to hold trinitarian Christian beliefs.

ronniechoate34

Mar 9, 2010
I have read the little blue book before. It claims that John the baptist was a mason which is outright blasphemy.

Theosophy teaches that Moses and Abraham, etc. all practiced some secret religion. I think this is found in the Cabala, or something, I'm not sure. I believe it was Alice Bailey that wrote books on this subject and that she also was involved in Freemasonry somehow. Maybe her involvement was limited to supporter, I'm not sure.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Just got back from my ldge. No-one thinks John the Baptist waa Mason. In our ldoge we have a parchment with a long line of Grand Masters that incldues Julius Caesar, Constantine and various English kings. we don't really consider it to be accurate, more of a Victorian invention. Saying that the present Queen's father; George VI was Mason. In the Uatumn I will become a master mason and that is when I get my own copy of the little blue book, but fromwhat I've read in the ntered apprentice and Fellowcraft degrees there is no secret code.

It is possible that the book you read was not part of Craft freemasonry but a side degree. Next year I hope to join Holy Royal Arch and the Knight's Templar and Knights of Malta soon after. The Masonic Knights Templar and Knights of Malta are deeply Christian orders and require initiates to hold trinitarian Christian beliefs.

Its in the little blue book i assure you. the book is entitled king soloman and his followers. Also look into another book called the lost keys of freemasonry by albert pike.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I wouldn't pay any attention to Albert Pike. He's vastly overrated and no-one I know reads any of his works. Some of the things he wrote had occult meanings. I wouldn't go near him either. i can understand then if a book by Pike might be found blasphemous, but beaware that it is not standard issue for all Freemasons. Some Masons are into all that Pike stuff, but in the UK he's not regarded as any Great authority on freemasonry.

I think we were talking at cross purposes because the little book I will get later this year is litterally my lines. It is the script book for te ceremonies (secular ceremonies). There won't be any secret code n that. All I got when I joined wa a history of my lodge, a book on Masonic Charities and a book of rules from Grand Lodge. The last one is a little blue bopok but there's nothing secret in it andothing anywhere ner as interesting as secret code.

Just to re-iterate; I am not fan of Albert Pike and you don't have to be one to be a Mason.

evanom

May 8, 2010
Bogota Colombia
Masonery is Satanic. THat said, here's why:

THey do the devil's work. That said, here's how:

Masonry presents itself as a fraternity with humanitarian objectives. Sounds great and it is. THey help and donate much to those in need. SOunds great and it is. They promote peace and understanding among men. That too sounds great and it is.

However, there's a saying that goes: "Rat poison is 98% food and 2% poison." So the great mayority of it is nice yummy food, but that nice yummy food is there so that the rat wil ingest that very small portion of poison that will kill it.

Let's take this example: Let's say George Bush wanted to invade Iraq so to get the oil there for him and his buddies and become filthy rich and powerful (remember, it's just an example. No need to debate here.) But he knows the american public would never agree to war so that he and his pals can get richer. So he comes up with a story that the Iraqi people are in desperate need of liberators, and that if we don;t invade Iraq, they will destroy us with their WMD. So now, the people support Bush and his plan to invade Iraq. A few weeks later there are a 100,000 american soldiers in Iraq all thinking they are liberators, heroes, and defenders of freedom and liberty. They are completely brainwashed with ideas of being warriors of good and justice that they have no idea that they are in fact invaders, oppressors and theives who are carrying out the criminal agenda of elite manipulators in the White House.

Well, ........ that's exactly what freemasonry is. The vast mayority of freemasons join the fraternity thinking they are liberators; liberating man from the oppressions of religion, politics and other ideological intolerance. They think they are changing mindsets and behavoir in man to create a society of peace, respect, tolerance and all those other goodies. They are completely brainwashed with ideas of being warriors of good and justice that they have no idea that they are in fact carrying out the criminal agenda of powerful manipulators in heavenly regions. They are doing Satan's work.

So how can such good things be so satanic? Because it's not the good things in themselves that are the problem, it's the rebellion against God through which they are being done. FOr example, there was nothing wrong with the two supernatural trees in the garden of Eden. THey weren't bad in and of themselves. It was the act of eating from them when God said not to. That's what was bad, not the trees. It was all about rebellion.

Satan wants rebellion. He could care less if it's through doing good charitable events or by being a serial killer. It's all about rebellion. The best way to create rebellion is to brainwash the people into thinking they are doing good. That way they'll never suspect they are working against God and thus never have the chance to correct their wrongdoings.

So here's the deal. God has condemned the world to a future 7-year reign of satanic global dictatorship. This New World Order will be composed of a global centralized government, a global currency and a global religion. Once this is in place, it will be handed over to a person known biblically as the Anti-Christ who will be the first world president. Now, installing a one world system is quite a challenge and doesn't happen overnight. It's something that takes centuries in the making. And who is Satan using to set this stage for such a massive world unification to take place? Well...... he's using the freemasons.

For centuries freemasons have been molding the politics and philosophies of government and society into thinking they must come together as one big happy global family in order to evolve mankind into a utopian era of peace and harmony. The first thing they must do in order to achieve this is to destroy God, i.e. his Word, in the minds and hearts of people, and replace Him with MAN as the sole objective and purpose in society. In other words, MAN must become the most important objective in our lives: his life, his liberty and his pursuit of happiness. God has to be degraded to a second place where he becomes nothing more than an intangible philosophy given the generic title "Great Architect of the Universe". This G.A.O.T.U. is completely subjected to man's imagination or whatever he deems appropriate (GAOTU can be Jesus, or Mohammad, or Budah, or a Hindu cow, or Elvis Presly, or you next door neighbor as far as Fremasonry is concerned. All is valid.) The Bible must be downgraded to a jewish storybook that has no supremecy over any other teaching or "holy" book. All of this must be infiltrated into the minds and hearts of all people to end all "holy wars" and divisions.

Basically all authority of God is displaced with philosophies of man. There is no more absolute truth, everything is relative and reasonable. The words "God" and "Jesus" are used within lodges, but in such ways that they are completely anti-biblical. They are a gnostic God and gnostic Jesus who offer enlightment and illumination to mankind through symbols and esoteric rituals. The blood on the cross as our salvation is a complete joke within the lodges. The gnostic Jesus would be the first to refute such utter nonsense.

So i'm sorry to say it is COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to be a christian and a freemason at the same time, even though many a freemason might believe so in his illuminated, free-thinking mind. The Bible says you cannot have two masters because you serve one and reject the other. You cannot serve Christ while help paving the way for Anti-Christ's arrival and reign. It just doesn't work!

Remember, next time a mason says he believes in Jesus, he's talking about gnostic Jesus, not Yeshua of the Bible. So pray for that mason!