A faithful saying….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 3:8 (NKJV)
This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why is it that these things are good and profitable to men if men are saved by grace and not works?

Could it be because God is the only good?

For God is the good, the only good, therefore if one would manifest good, one must manifest God.. Whereby God can only manifest Himself in the good proper and right for He can only manifest Himself according to that which He is, to all else, He is but a consuming fire.. That which destroys and purifies that which is not the good proper and right…

Therefore for those that are His, if one would manifest God one must of all necessity behave themselves according to that which is the good proper and right if one would want God to be seen in them in the time of this life…

This can not be hid, for those that manifest God in their life are known by the things they do, by the things they don’t do, by the things they don’t say, by the things they do say, by all their actions, they are seen as a testimony of either something other, or the God they lay a claim to know and serve…

For God is the only good, if one would be good one must manifest God..

So then the question would be how can one manifest God in one’s life?

The answer is one can not, God has to manifest Himself in one, but one can and must humble themselves before Him, so that in His love, He might work His works of wonder in and through them…

For scripture says the just shall live by faith, for it is faith alone that receives from God, and faith alone being that which God can work through to manifest Himself in one’s life…

Be blessed in the receiving from God, as He makes Himself known in those that are careful to maintain good works, which is brought forth as the fruit of being careful to maintain oneself before Him in faith…

A fellow believer, Not me

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 3:8 (NKJV)
This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why is it that these things are good and profitable to men if men are saved by grace and not works?

Could it be because God is the only good?

For God is the good, the only good, therefore if one would manifest good, one must manifest God.. Whereby God can only manifest Himself in the good proper and right for He can only manifest Himself according to that which He is, to all else, He is but a consuming fire.. That which destroys and purifies that which is not the good proper and right…

Therefore for those that are His, if one would manifest God one must of all necessity behave themselves according to that which is the good proper and right if one would want God to be seen in them in the time of this life…

This can not be hid, for those that manifest God in their life are known by the things they do, by the things they don’t do, by the things they don’t say, by the things they do say, by all their actions, they are seen as a testimony of either something other, or the God they lay a claim to know and serve…

For God is the only good, if one would be good one must manifest God..

So then the question would be how can one manifest God in one’s life?

The answer is one can not, God has to manifest Himself in one, but one can and must humble themselves before Him, so that in His love, He might work His works of wonder in and through them…

For scripture says the just shall live by faith, for it is faith alone that receives from God, and faith alone being that which God can work through to manifest Himself in one’s life…

Be blessed in the receiving from God, as He makes Himself known in those that are careful to maintain good works, which is brought forth as the fruit of being careful to maintain oneself before Him in faith…

A fellow believer, Not me

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6.

This verse eluded me for years. In my understanding it was the cross (and it is) being the way, and Jesus is the truth (and he is) and the life - I couldn't put my finger on it - the life. Not until "Christ as the life" of the believer was revealed to me.

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace,
16 to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: - Galatians 1:15-16.

What I wanted to say about that is; the wording "Christ as life" and "Christ as the life of the believer" does not seem to be common language in the Christian community. I know believers that use it but they purposely fellowship around an understanding. Understanding Christ as life, and more importantly "Christ as the life of the believer." When some hear that, because it is not common in the body to speak that kind of language - it sounds strange to them. But once you see it is a legitimate understanding taught only by the Holy Spirit then direction in the scriptures come by knowing "nolonger I that lives, but Christ liveth in me" Paul said. The scriptures can only take a believer into life, there is no death in them only eternal life - which is Christ.

Point being; when a believer searches for whatever they may look for, say the anti-christ, or when the world will end, or the other events that will take place that are written in scripture - there is no life in them. Life is found only "in the Son." There is no other life (but death life - previous life - that is possible to still live in by mind) but Christ who is in the believer as their only life (spirit - he that is joined to the lord is one spirit).

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoyed your thread - thoroughly, it is good to hear life preached :)

Thank you, if it’s ok that I say, I too see in your writings a depth of knowledge and relationship with Christ that is food for the hearts that would…

Keep on asking, seeking, knocking as I know you will, as I too shall, because as He is our life’s, where would we go, He has the words of eternal life….

May God grant you an increase in both work and word…

Be so blessed in Him, Not me

Reactions: marks and soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, if it’s ok that I say, I too see in your writings a depth of knowledge and relationship with Christ that is food for the hearts that would…

Keep on asking, seeking, knocking as I know you will, as I too shall, because as He is our life’s, where would we go, He has the words of eternal life….

May God grant you an increase in both work and word…

Be so blessed in Him, Not me

Yes we search and ask and seek. I started to realize some years ago he is not hiding haha he is in plain view for all to see and know.

Reactions: marks and Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we search and ask and seek. I started to realize some years ago he is not hiding haha he is in plain view for all to see and know.

So true, it is a great thing to learn by experience, be blessed in that experiencing…

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that being careful to maintain good works points us in the direction so that we are able to see what God is working into us, that we in turn work out. It makes sure we are looking, so that when the Spirit is moving we are too!

Much love!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that being careful to maintain good works points us in the direction so that we are able to see what God is working into us, that we in turn work out. It makes sure we are looking, so that when the Spirit is moving we are too!

Much love!

As the Spirit of Christ in you continues to bring all truths concerning Himself to your experiencing…

Be so very blessed in Him as we learn Christ…

A fellow learner of Christ, Not me

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6.

This verse eluded me for years. In my understanding it was the cross (and it is) being the way, and Jesus is the truth (and he is) and the life - I couldn't put my finger on it - the life. Not until "Christ as the life" of the believer was revealed to me.

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace,
16 to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: - Galatians 1:15-16.

What I wanted to say about that is; the wording "Christ as life" and "Christ as the life of the believer" does not seem to be common language in the Christian community. I know believers that use it but they purposely fellowship around an understanding. Understanding Christ as life, and more importantly "Christ as the life of the believer." When some hear that, because it is not common in the body to speak that kind of language - it sounds strange to them. But once you see it is a legitimate understanding taught only by the Holy Spirit then direction in the scriptures come by knowing "nolonger I that lives, but Christ liveth in me" Paul said. The scriptures can only take a believer into life, there is no death in them only eternal life - which is Christ.

Point being; when a believer searches for whatever they may look for, say the anti-christ, or when the world will end, or the other events that will take place that are written in scripture - there is no life in them. Life is found only "in the Son." There is no other life (but death life - previous life - that is possible to still live in by mind) but Christ who is in the believer as their only life (spirit - he that is joined to the lord is one spirit).

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20.

I am still trying to make sense of being dead and Christ living through me so thank you for this post.

Reactions: soul man and Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am still trying to make sense of being dead and Christ living through me so thank you for this post.

Hi, if I might, the fact that your heart tells you there is something there, is the first step into that which will cause one to walk in newness of life…

Be so blessed in the fruit of that search..

In the Beloved, Not me

Reactions: soul man and Wynona