A Fist Full of Doubt's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By their fruit my friend, good fruit or evil fruit. Some as you understand make a person wonder why they bother to carry the label: Christian!
Most who profess JESUS dont even know HIM or follow HIM my friend .
They are contrary to the biblical pattern HE SET and later the apostels would keep and teach .
We are so busy trying to hug folks to hell , we forget that we need to correct them and actually point them to the REAL JESUS .
The churches are gone my friend . DID YOU KNOW for years i searched for a church in my hometown . FOR YEARS .
AND i aint looking for perfect people , JUST GOOD SOUND DOCTRINE . YET THE LEADERS of every church i found , AND IT WAS MANY ,
taught falsehoods . HOW ON earth is the church gonna make it , IF IT CANT FOLLOW CHRIST and the biblical pattern .
NO need to answer . I WILL . IT WONT . IT WONT .

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I will be shone another way to understand it.
To me...
The Bible is like an onion.
There are many ways to peel it, and unlimited layers.
It depends on how one hears it.
That's why there are so many different interpretations.
Because everyone hears something different. Some are similar. Some are at two ends of a spectrum.
But each layer brings a deeper understanding of who we are.
If we take the time to really look at ourselves and be honest.

Paul explains it like this:
Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

And it's not my theological argument.
I'm not arguing with anyone. I'm simply showing my interpretation of how I hear it.
I do believe that that verse about the long hair is taken out of context though. And people like to use it to judge other people by their own standards. It's a bad habit we humans have.

How long is too long? How short is short enough?
Who decides?
:)
Hugs
You're butchering the Bible woman.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are contrary to the biblical pattern HE SET and later the apostels would keep and teach .
We are so busy trying to hug folks to hell , we forget that we need to correct them and actually point them to the REAL JESUS .
The churches are gone my friend . DID YOU KNOW for years i searched for a church in my hometown . FOR YEARS .
AND i aint looking for perfect people , JUST GOOD SOUND DOCTRINE . YET THE LEADERS of every church i found , AND IT WAS MANY ,
taught falsehoods . HOW ON earth is the church gonna make it , IF IT CANT FOLLOW CHRIST and the biblical pattern .
Aye my friend! For most of my life in the flesh I was closely connected with a church group. Since 2002, the connection between me and them became looser and looser. I was there in the flesh, but even I did not know what God was really saying... not yet. I heard Him but I failed to understand Him.

In October of 2018, God called me out of that last place of Babylon [confusion] called a church, but I proceeded then to search as you had done for so many years.

I still had not given up when God showed me clearly through the lockdown put into place beginning in March of 2020 apparently for other reasons. There may be other reasons, but God was speaking to me for me!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aye my friend! For most of my life in the flesh I was closely connected with a church group. Since 2002, the connection between me and them became looser and looser. I was there in the flesh, but even I did not know what God was really saying... not yet. I heard Him but I failed to understand Him.

In October of 2018, God called me out of that last place of Babylon [confusion] called a church, but I proceeded then to search as you had done for so many years.

I still had not given up when God showed me clearly through the lockdown put into place beginning in March of 2020 apparently for other reasons. There may be other reasons, but God was speaking to me for me!

This intrigues me. God removed me from a church I was attending as well. I always thought that God would want me at church. I am still not sure why that happened.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In the end my friend i ended up doing and am doing bible studies with friends across the globe .
Those who gather in JESUS name , no matter how small the number , ARE HIS and HE IS WITH THEM .
God led me into doing this . Just reading the bible to friends and praying with them as well .

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear you Brother,
But not everyone is arrogant and deliberately defiant.
There are many that are still lost and confused and misunderstood.
Sometimes it takes a hug or two to unshackle the chains.
HUGS

Mar 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
Mar 5:3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
Mar 5:4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.
Mar 5:5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
Mar 5:15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
Mar 5:16 And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.
Mar 5:18 And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.
Mar 5:19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

Psa 86:15 But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

I believe there is a difference between those who profess to know him, and those who are looking for him.
There is a time for fire and a time for rain.

The man made churches of today do not know God even though they profess that they do. They need the fear of fire under their feet.

When the children of Israel approached Mt.Sinai, they saw the thunder and the lightenings and the fire and they were afraid and they wouldn't come near.
When the children of Israel approached Jesus, they found mercy and compassion and healing, and they would come to hear him.

I believe that fire and rain compliment each other.
Hugs

Reactions: amigo de christo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I hear you Brother,
But not everyone is arrogant and deliberately defiant.
There are many that are still lost and confused and misunderstood.
Sometimes it takes a hug or two to unshackle the chains.
HUGS

Mar 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
Mar 5:3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
Mar 5:4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.
Mar 5:5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
Mar 5:15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
Mar 5:16 And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.
Mar 5:18 And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.
Mar 5:19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

Psa 86:15 But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

I believe there is a difference between those who profess to know him, and those who are looking for him.
There is a time for fire and a time for rain.

The man made churches of today do not know God even though they profess that they do. They need the fear of fire under their feet.

When the children of Israel approached Mt.Sinai, they saw the thunder and the lightenings and the fire and they were afraid and they wouldn't come near.
When the children of Israel approached Jesus, they found mercy and compassion and healing, and they would come to hear him.

I believe that fire and rain compliment each other.
Hugs

@Ziggy That Psalm 86 quote is a reminded just of how patient and compassionate our God is...

I look at my own heart and keep reminding myself at how patient I need to be...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This intrigues me. God removed me from a church I was attending as well. I always thought that God would want me at church. I am still not sure why that happened.
Hi @Mantis Acts 2.42 has a good summary of the sort of local church activities which are particularly sanctioned by Scripture.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ Farouk
Hi @Mantis Acts 2.42 has a good summary of the sort of local church activities which are particularly sanctioned by Scripture.
Thanks farouk. You always seem to know what I need to read. I love how the Holy Spirit uses you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We may not always understand, but most of the time if we are paying attention we understand that it was of God. If and when we need to know more, He will advise us...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy That Psalm 86 quote is a reminded just of how patient and compassionate our God is...

I look at my own heart and keep reminding myself at how patient I need to be...
Sometimes it's easier when you put yourself in someone else's shoes.
Or if you've walked that path yourself...
It's easy to be impatient.
What was that word? ...
Perseverance
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Persistance..
That reminds me of the parable of the guy who keeps knocking on the door looking for some food.

Luk 11:5 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
Luk 11:6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
Luk 11:7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
Luk 11:8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.

NKJV: “I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.

How to be patiently persistant.. knock... knock ... knock ... knock ... knock ... knock ... knock ...
Hugs

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sometimes it's easier when you put yourself in someone else's shoes.
Or if you've walked that path yourself...
It's easy to be impatient.
What was that word? ...
Perseverance
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Persistance..
That reminds me of the parable of the guy who keeps knocking on the door looking for some food.

Luk 11:5 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
Luk 11:6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
Luk 11:7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
Luk 11:8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.

NKJV: “I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.

How to be patiently persistant.. knock... knock ... knock ... knock ... knock ... knock ... knock ...
Hugs
Excellent verses there to think about, @Ziggy...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will be shone another way to understand it.
To me...
The Bible is like an onion.
There are many ways to peel it, and unlimited layers.
It depends on how one hears it.
That's why there are so many different interpretations.
Because everyone hears something different. Some are similar. Some are at two ends of a spectrum.
But each layer brings a deeper understanding of who we are.
If we take the time to really look at ourselves and be honest.

Paul explains it like this:
Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

And it's not my theological argument.
I'm not arguing with anyone. I'm simply showing my interpretation of how I hear it.
I do believe that that verse about the long hair is taken out of context though. And people like to use it to judge other people by their own standards. It's a bad habit we humans have.

How long is too long? How short is short enough?
Who decides?
Hugs

oh who cares about her hair when she has shocked everyone so badly by wearing PANTS!!!

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The conversation regarding long hair was about the verse where men have long hair,
And I likened that to Samson, when he said he was a Nazarite from birth and his hair had not been cut, for if it had he would become weak as other men.
And I was thinking about this verse:
Act 18:18 And Paul after this tarried there yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow.

This goes back to the law of the Nazarites.
Numbers chapter 6
I'm not copying it, I'll post the chapter.

Now when you come to Isaiah chapter 5, God is talking about his vineyard and how it had become like wild grapes, or an unpruned vine.
Which in itself refers to a Nazarite.. which I compared to wild horses.
But in Isaiah chapter 5 the Lord is calling out those who gave themselves to wine and strong drink, they didn't keep the law of the Nazarite.

And because I thought of wild horses, my thoughts went right to Revelations concerning the locusts that had hair like women and they were given power to torment, but not those who had the seal of God in their foreheads.
Still I'm thinking those who are strong in the lord, like Samson and his long hair.

It's all connected, not butchered, maybe not very concise.
I just write it as I hear it.

If men having long hair was a shame, then why did Paul need to shorn his hair to keep a vow?
What vow? to whom? and it concerned shaving his head.. only law of vows I know of is of the Nazarite.
But I'll keep looking.

I hope this helps, otherwise maybe we can have a study on it.
Hugs