a Jew in a Christian Land

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
I am a Jew, I was a Jew before I was born for I am made up of DNA from a Jewish woman...my father was Anglo. I was adopted at age 2 days into a thouroughly Christain family... I sat on my moms lap 3 times every week during Christian services and at age 5 went forward to ask Jesus in my heart... the grownups there said I was too young, but Jesus thought I was just right and He and I made a deal right then and there. I grew into one of those hellish things called a teenager and left behind the church, but guess who went with me.... Jesus....he protected me through so many things I should have been killed, hurt or jailed for, but amazingly I made it into adulthood with no scars or record in any courthouses. In my 30's I found my way back to the church and Jesus went with me.... I found our that there was a lot going on there that was just as bad as the world , and really worse because they were done in the name of my blessed Savior... I left again and went to the woods and living my life without the church , but still Jesus was there.In my 40th year, I found out about my DNA parentage, and was blown away by the fact that I who had gone to Christian Schools and had Christ inside me almost my whole life was a JEW... I ask God what does this mean? He said GET THE BOOK..(he talks like that) and I did.... I have been in THE BOOK every day for 12 years now...its the best...all the mysteries of the earth are revealed there... all the wonderment of heaven laid open and I owe my love of THE BOOK to the fact of my Jewishness. The moral: GO GET THE BOOK

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
That is a very neat story. Glad that you had Christ in your childhood life.
happy.gif
Great story.Lovest thou in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

writer4hisglory

Apr 19, 2007
being that this is in the Apologetics forum, I won't feel too forward in asking this, but if I offend, please let me know and I will let the issue alone entirely... but seeing how they have this divided into "New Christians and Apologetics" I wonder... (Why would they have New Christians in the Apologetics?)Now, again, there is great pride in being from a Jewish heritage, and the heritage you have, there is no doubt of that. I am just curious of the DNA aspect of it. To say that there is DNA evidence of Jewish is to prove all of the anti-semites correct in saying that the Jews are a separate race and different from all of us. I am of the opinion that there is only one race, and that is the human race. Perhaps this is not what you mean... to say that you are part of a separate race? The heritage is there, and what pride that must afford you! (How I wish myself from a Jewish background!) But I do not believe that one being a Jew goes any further than religion. Please forgive me if I have offended.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Being Jewish is not what made me a better person, the Word is what has made a difference in my life, I think I made that clear... I tried to, I think I said it even.. so dont worry about your dna worry about what God has to say...

writer4hisglory

Apr 19, 2007
I completely agree, I was just concerned about the statements made about Jews being distinct from a DNA standpoint, which they are not. Jew, just like Christianity, is a religion. Just like blacks are no different from whites on a DNA stand point, Jews are no different from anyone else on a DNA level.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
I have not made any such statments... I just told about how God used my heritage to bring me in a closer to Hi by givng me a thrist for the true Word of God... and learning Hebrew was also a great gift...going back to what God originally said in the word rather than the traditions of men I was taught in the church... the only stements I have heard about DNA are from you...

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(writer4hisglory)
I completely agree, I was just concerned about the statements made about Jews being distinct from a DNA standpoint, which they are not. Jew, just like Christianity, is a religion. Just like blacks are no different from whites on a DNA stand point, Jews are no different from anyone else on a DNA level.
Christianity came from the roots of Judaism. What belongs to religion is a big fat lie. The Word of God has no place in religion...not once and it will never be.(Betchevy)
I have not made any such statments... I just told about how God used my heritage to bring me in a closer to Him by givng me a thrist for the true Word of God... and learning Hebrew was also a great gift...going back to what God originally said in the Word rather than the traditions of men I was taught in the church... the only stements I have heard about DNA are from you...
I'm glad that God used your heritage to bring you closer to Him. Just as sis Betchevy has said...(Betchevy)
so dont worry about your dna worry about what God has to say...
Lovest ye in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.