A most terrifying experience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my life, whenever I have had an dramatic encounter with God or angels..
it is always accompanied by an amazing peace.
This experience doesn't have that on it...in other words...it does not have the 'finger prints ' of God upon it.
I'd say that attack was not God at all.

Bless you...Helen

I wonder if he is moving to God's truth and satan comes in fast to steal it from him? Was always told that satan will leave the unbelievers alone pretty much but, if/when one is starting to see TRUTH-that is satans Que to attack so they get discouraged and stop seeking. JMO :)

In Khundalini, an eastern mysticism, meditators in yoga like stances will attest to feeling power, electricity, & fire which can be frightening to some participants while others will attest to more pleasant experiences of having a sense of overwhelming peace, love, or joy.

So I don't believe one should "test" the spirits by how it feels when there are "seducing spirits" out there in the world as spirits of the antichrist.

Knowing in according to our faith that Jesus Christ is in us along with the Father and the Holy Ghost, then any spirit coming over us later on in life is not the Holy Spirit or anything of God at all. That is how you really test the spirits, knowing He is in us since salvation and all others are the antichrists.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world....4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Common side effects of Ambien include: dizziness. Other side effects include: hallucination.

Semi joking here, but I don't think God answers prayer by molesting or scaring a person half to death?

Really, Dan?!

Your empathy is showing

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes reality over-rides empathy.. And I don't think empathy is falsely sharing a feeling that God is terrifying them.. jmo

Hmm...
And yet, Jesus’s reality was empathy.....

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
pretty much a diff subject tho i guess
Knowing in according to our faith that Jesus Christ is in us along with the Father and the Holy Ghost, then any spirit coming over us later on in life is not the Holy Spirit or anything of God at all. That is how you really test the spirits, knowing He is in us since salvation and all others are the antichrists.
how, again?
strikes me as a dangerous and self-serving approach wadr; what if the first evidence you heard, that makes sense but turns out to be tares, needs to be adjusted?
I know the wolves will rush in as soon as I leave, not sparing the flock

the first to tell his side in court seems right, until another comes and cross examines him

so, you ready for the cross?

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Hmm...
And yet, Jesus’s reality was empathy.....

Not always.. Was he empathizing with the Pharisee's when he told them; "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it" (John 8:44)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not always.. Was he empathizing with the Pharisee's when he told them; "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it" (John 8:44)

And you think this means that Jesus stopped loving the Pharisees? Yet, he prayed for them on the cross

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you think this means that Jesus stopped loving the Pharisees? Yet, he prayed for them on the cross

Jesus may have loved the Pharisees who were of God. But He didn't love the Pharisees who were not of God.

Stranger

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States

Yes, he came to bring salvation to all who would receive and believe him. My point was simply that empathizing with someone isn't always helpful if what that person says, thinks, or does, is wrong. "For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth" (Proverbs 3:12, Hebrews 12:6). Telling a person what they need to hear can be construed as a matter of demonstrating love. Jesus laid it on the line to the Pharisees because he cared enough to tell them something they needed to hear. In that since, he loved the unbelievers, but I doubt his love continues towards them who never accept him? "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him" (John 3:36)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, he came to bring salvation to all who would receive and believe him. My point was simply that empathizing with someone isn't always helpful if what that person says, thinks, or does, is wrong. "For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth" (Proverbs 3:12, Hebrews 12:6). Telling a person what they need to hear can be construed as a matter of demonstrating love. Jesus laid it on the line to the Pharisees because he cared enough to tell them something they needed to hear. In that since, he loved the unbelievers, but I doubt his love continues towards them who never accept him? "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him" (John 3:36)

Can’t you empathize and correct people at the same time? Also, correcting people should be a rare event.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Can’t you empathize and correct people at the same time? Also, correcting people should be a rare event.

I reckon so.. In fact, sometimes you need to empathize prior to offering correction.. And depending on the person, correction could be a seldom necessity. But speaking for myself, I find that I usually require constant correction since 75% of my decisions are usually wrong :)

Reactions: aspen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pretty much a diff subject tho i guess
how, again?
strikes me as a dangerous and self-serving approach wadr; what if the first evidence you heard, that makes sense but turns out to be tares, needs to be adjusted?
I know the wolves will rush in as soon as I leave, not sparing the flock

the first to tell his side in court seems right, until another comes and cross examines him

so, you ready for the cross?

How about cross examining this testimony years ago in another christian forum shared by a christian brother living in India. He had never believed that the Holy Spirit would do dramatic manifestations as He did back in the early church days. Then one day when his church was celebrating Pentecost which fell on a Sunday, they were honoring the Holy Spirit in worship as he was too. Then he felt liquid nitrogen seeping through his skull as he found himself confessing an apology against his will to the Holy Spirit for not believing He did those dramatic manifestations today as He did back then.

I say that was not the Holy Spirit that came over him in that moment. The Spirit of Christ would be meek like Christ, and God would prefer a genuine apology rather than one forced against his will. If we are to have all the fruits of the Spirit, then temperance which is self control, speaks against him when his apology was being given against his will. Not to mention 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 & 1 John 4:1-4 proves that there is no receiving the Holy Spirit again and so that was the spirit of the antichrist.

So how would you cross examine that brother?

If you still desire to cross examine me, feel free to do so, but I believe I had made my point by applying it to that testimony of my brother that had gone astray in India.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Knowing in according to our faith that Jesus Christ is in us along with the Father and the Holy Ghost, then any spirit coming over us later on in life is not the Holy Spirit or anything of God at all.
ok, i'll be back for this, what i will be challenging is this "knowing"
PdwroHY.jpg

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, i'll be back for this, what i will be challenging is this "knowing"
PdwroHY.jpg

Knowing God's will and knowing in according to our faith that Jesus Christ is in us are two different topics entirely, brother.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Knowing God's will and knowing in according to our faith that Jesus Christ is in us are two different topics entirely, brother.
the inference seemed to be that a newly professed believer is less deceived than an OG nonetheless, and i guess also that no new information should ever be considered

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the inference seemed to be that a newly professed believer is less deceived than an OG nonetheless, and i guess also that no new information should ever be considered

John 15:1-9 speaks of discipleship after salvation and the consequences for not abiding in Him as His disciple is evident in verse 6 which is not loss of salvation, but as studying the other scripture will confirm, but loss of being received as a vessel unto honor in His House to be damned as a vessel unto dishonor BUT still to be received in His House, albeit losing their seat at the Marriage Supper table in Heaven.