A prayer of repentance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's true about people sinning because they are sinners. Ephesians 2 describes what we are by nature, and the great need for the intervention of grace, through faith in Christ.

Reactions: Heart2Soul
R

Rita

It was interesting, at work the other day a work colleague came and asked me questions because she knows I am a Christian. We were at lunch, and another friend was there. We ended up having a three way conversation. I want to reflect on the prayer for myself as I had different reactions to some of it, always like to go deeper when that happens. Also I am thinking about this work colleague. She is searching and it’s all because of what is going on right now in the world. The other person involved lost a daughter at a very young age, she is now 72 and still grieves and doesn’t understand why God took her away from her.
It was an unexpected conversation, and one that was protected because no one came in and interrupted it x
One question prompted me to share my testimony, what I didn’t expect was the reaction, they were moved emotionally by it. My testimony is not a dramatic one, but it obviously resonated with both of them in some way.
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It was interesting, at work the other day a work colleague came and asked me questions because she knows I am a Christian. We were at lunch, and another friend was there. We ended up having a three way conversation. I want to reflect on the prayer for myself as I had different reactions to some of it, always like to go deeper when that happens. Also I am thinking about this work colleague. She is searching and it’s all because of what is going on right now in the world. The other person involved lost a daughter at a very young age, she is now 72 and still grieves and doesn’t understand why God took her away from her.
It was an unexpected conversation, and one that was protected because no one came in and interrupted it x
One question prompted me to share my testimony, what I didn’t expect was the reaction, they were moved emotionally by it. My testimony is not a dramatic one, but it obviously resonated with both of them in some way.
Rita
@Rita A privilege; shows the blessing of being ready to give a reason for the hope within, right?

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" (1 Peter 3.15).

Reactions: Heart2Soul and Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
How awesome that you were there at the right place and the right time to share your testimony!

Reactions: April_Rose

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My pastor friend always says, 'Dogs bark, cats mew and sinners sin.'
That video quoted that scripture about a sinners prayer is like a barking dog in God's ears. :eek:

Reactions: Pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita

What a wonderful opportunity God opened for you Rita. I was also asked this by someone at the Center I go to. And, this is such a warning from God (the state of the world) that one would imagine it has gotten allot of unbelievers attention, as well as many Christians, I would think. Is Dan asking questions??
xo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am over half way done transcribing that prayer...will put it here when done.

Reactions: April_Rose
R

Rita

What a wonderful opportunity God opened for you Rita. I was also asked this by someone at the Center I go to. And, this is such a warning from God (the state of the world) that one would imagine it has gotten allot of unbelievers attention, as well as many Christians, I would think. Is Dan asking questions??
xo
Yes, I think it is challenging a lot of people xx
Dan and I are always discussing things, at the moment it’s more to do with how Christians from the USA are handling things , he describes many of them as being cultish with regards to how they are responding
He listens to JoRogan, Alex Jones and Dave Chapal ( spelling ) on podcasts- so they raise many discussions points. All of my children see what’s happening from different prospectives, it makes for interesting discussions at times. We are able to agree to disagree and speak up, so it’s good discussions with good opportunities. Rita x

Reactions: Nancy