A Purpose In Suffering

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had a very annoying chronic cough for years and lost count of how many time I've been prayed for. Some of today's message touched a nerve with me because I have often wondered why I still suffer with it when He has healed other things for me.
Precious Pearl, welcome to the wondering why of our human nature. I found the following Scriptures To Be Very Helpful/Comforting in my own chronic infirmities:

GRACE Word for infirmities

Please be Richly Encouraged In Christ, and His Word!

Reactions: MatthewG

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You have all of these problems but one thing that is good to remember that you are a son or daughter of God by and through faith in the Gospel of Christ where our great hope is found. It’s sad to see even ourselves in the pain we are in, however the only one that can carry us through is the Lord Jesus Christ and trusting in him and our Father in heaven my brothers and sisters in Christ!

You know there was a story the other day I seen in second Samuel where David had sinned and Nathan tells Daniel that He was going to lose a child, God struck the Child in Uritahs womb. David fasted, and prayed in hopes that God would heal the child only to find out when The child was dead, he got up washed his face and ate.

Then something was said to the effect of are you not sad over this? David told those Guys I thought maybe God would save the child however he didn’t and I can’t bring the child back to life but I’ll see him again when I die.

something like that :p
@MatthewG Part of the anguish and pain of David was felt in repentance in Psalm 51.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had a very annoying chronic cough for years and lost count of how many time I've been prayed for. Some of today's message touched a nerve with me because I have often wondered why I still suffer with it when He has healed other things for me.

Maybe He is testing you? Perhaps you are being allowed to suffer with this ailment of yours to see if you will endure and still love Him through it all?

I don't like questioning why God would do things but my human way of thinking does sometimes contemplate the matter of suffering and there are so many different possibilities and many of them would absolutely honor His glory. Maybe you forsake Him in some way through sin and this was brought upon you as a way of punishment? Maybe you've lived quite a good life, pleasing Him in your ways, and this was allowed to happen to test your love and faith in similar fashion as Job? Perhaps it's just basic physiology and your body is simply deficient in this matter? Or maybe it's a spiritual matter?...

So many different ways our human brains can question the matter, but as you probably already know an undying faith and love for the Lord is most important through it all. Blessings to you pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe He is testing you? Perhaps you are being allowed to suffer with this ailment of yours to see if you will endure and still love Him through it all?

I don't like questioning why God would do things but my human way of thinking does sometimes contemplate the matter of suffering and there are so many different possibilities and many of them would absolutely honor His glory. Maybe you forsake Him in some way through sin and this was brought upon you as a way of punishment? Maybe you've lived quite a good life, pleasing Him in your ways, and this was allowed to happen to test your love and faith in similar fashion as Job? Perhaps it's just basic physiology and your body is simply deficient in this matter? Or maybe it's a spiritual matter?...

So many different ways our human brains can question the matter, but as you probably already know an undying faith and love for the Lord is most important through it all. Blessings to you pearl
I am enduring and have never stopped loving him. It is a frustrating thing and has prevented me from enjoying theatre and cinema but I absolutely know he loves me and that nothing will separate me from His love. And also the name of Jesus is higher than the name of the affliction.