A question of ethics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know...
They're carrying this even farther than just using our devices ....I may make a separate post for this, bc it veers from the OP, and I want to know if others are experiencing the same thing.

Reactions: Truman

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had 2 surgeries this past summer, and the first time, they allowed two people in my room. But the second one, i could only have 1 person with me. Personally, i do believe covid is a serious virus. Am i vaccinated? No. Is my family? Yes. Do i think theres more going on with this virus than they have told us? Yes. Do i believe the vaccines work? Not entirely. But i think i worry more about our govt using this to gain more control than the actual virus itself.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently most people dying of covid are dying alone... Their family not being allowed to visit... The argument is that they will catch covid...

Is this fair?
Is this right?

Put yourself in that situation... Your loved one is on a death bed and you have a choice to go and see them with the risk of catching covid... Would you?
I most definitely would... Even if it was a really bad virus that would most likely kill me, I would still go and be with them...

Now flip the script... I'm the one dying in hospital from a real bad virus... Do I want my loved ones risking death to visit me... No, I wouldn't but my heart would absolutely melt if they did...

So back to my original question... Is it right for them to not allow family to visit their loved ones... I say no... Not only that but I say it's unethical to do so...

You might say "well you can still see them behing glass or on a video call" but I don't believe it helps much at all. In fact it's demoralising to the point where it will be detrimental to your health and make you sicker...

The worse thing about being in jail is not being able to be with your family. Ask any former inmate and he'll agree. Actually don't ask cos it will only bring back bad memories... It's painful beyond words. It's torture multiplied... I pray for the people who are incarcerated

What if the hospital said you can't visit... Should you be able to pull out your loved one and take them home?
I say yes... The hospital shouldn't be able to stop a patient leaving. Especially to be with loved ones... Especially if their dying

I see these as being very important ethical questions that aren't being discussed. Please open up your heart, put yourselves in such situations, and let us know what you think and feel... Thanks
They've definately gone too far with the COVID restrictions. Now our economy is in trouble and supply shortage here in the USA. Why do people vote for democrats?

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had some stroke-like symptoms and was admitted twice in as many weeks. The first time for three night and then a week later for four nights. Spending 12/13 hours in A&E - partly in a corridor - both times before going on the ward. Nobody was allowed onto the ward because of the covid restrictions so it got a bit lonely. I have since been told that my symptoms were not stroke related but due to 'complex migraine',
Sorry to hear that Pearl. I had similar problems with migraines. Numb face and arms and such. Thought I was dying. Then my migraines flipped to vertigo.

I had to go to the doctors and they wouldn't allow another person in. Finally they allowed one visitor so my last visit was more normal if it weren't for the masks.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last year my cousin was in one hospital in serious condition with heart issues. When Covid-19 was added to his problems, he was transferred to another hospital that was handling all of the Covid-19 cases for Oklahoma City. His wife, who had had Covid-19 first but was never hospitalized, got well at home. She visited him in the 1st hospital but was never allowed to visit him in the 2nd hospital even when they were sure he was dying. He died without a last personal contact visit with her last July.
Sorry to hear that Amadeus. Praying for your comfort.

Reactions: amadeus and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last year my cousin was in one hospital in serious condition with heart issues. When Covid-19 was added to his problems, he was transferred to another hospital that was handling all of the Covid-19 cases for Oklahoma City. His wife, who had had Covid-19 first but was never hospitalized, got well at home. She visited him in the 1st hospital but was never allowed to visit him in the 2nd hospital even when they were sure he was dying. He died without a last personal contact visit with her last July.
I can't imagine!!

Reactions: amadeus

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

That's what I'm talking about...
It's tragic and completely unethical...
Thanks for sharing your testimony...

Reactions: amadeus and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We put up with each other, we tolerate each other, we endure each other...and in the end, we get by. What's happening today is nonsense!

Tolerate is one thing...jumping IN and Accepting is quite another thing.

When public "tolerating" becomes "over-stepping", remove yourself.

When "public SERVANTS" dictate, "YOU HAVE TO DO THIS"... I already know, they "follow a pre-scripted "office policy". I already know, even Govt "office policies" DO OFTEN, supersede the Law. And the public WILL OFTEN "go along" and "repeat"...WE HAD TO DO WHAT THEY SAID.
Phooey!
Can't pray in public schools?
Phooey!
Must have a SS number?
Phooey!
Must have permission to Secure your possessions?
Phooey!
Must allow govt to dig through your personal possessions? Papers, home, wallet, body...
Phooey!
You can not grow your own food.
Phooey!
You can not "rear" your own children.
Phooey!
On and on.
If one does NOT Stand up and Protect their "OWN God given Rights", they won't have any God Given Rights.

The US Constitution does NOT "GIVE" anyone Rights.
God gives us RIGHTS.
The US Constitution is "SUPPOSED" to "PROTECT" our God GIVEN RIGHTS...and that "protection" IS "Supposed" to BE "protected",
"BY the ones who take an OATH of OFFICE to DO what they PROMISE TO DO"....PROTECT our Rights FROM overreaching "suggestions", "presented bills"...of any sitting Rep., lobbyist, group, public whiners.
* Sadly, many sitting Reps, are the VERY instigators of Ignoring their Oath, and on a mission of Liberty rape and theft.

Amid the chaos of corrupt dictating govt officials....God IS IN Control, and "those who STAND IN Gods PEACE and SECURITY...bend a knee unto the praise and worship of the Lord God Almighty" (despite govt drools and threats) "ARE IN the Hand of The Supreme Power".

Glory to God,
Taken

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you my friend. That cousin was closer to me than any of my 4 brothers.
I have a best friend who I love and spent much time with as a youth. He has had two kidney replacements. If anything happened to him it would be like losing my brother. I love my brother much.

Reactions: Taken and amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A question of ethics
OP ^

Does ANYONE believe it is "ethical", for a "bill" being presented to the House floor...
* THAT; is thousands of pages long?
* THAT; Reps who VOTE on the bill, don't READ before VOTING?
* THAT; the bill has "numerous conflicting issues?
* THAT; all reps DO NOT appear in "sessions", but still collect their "paycheck" ?
* THAT; all reps DO NOT "vote" on all bills, but still collect their "paycheck" ?
* THAT; numerous reps, slide in last minute PORK perks, for their "exclusive" Pet projects, "exclusive" to "their" districts only, "exclusive" gender, race, age groups only ?

?

Reactions: dev553344

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She visited him in the 1st hospital but was never allowed to visit him in the 2nd hospital even when they were sure he was dying. He died without a last personal contact visit with her last July.

Disgustingly inhumanly Sad!

Hospital "policy"... Doctors, Nurses, Aids can don protective gear to attend "personally" to "declared isolated infectious persons"....
But, but, but....a seriously ill patient, a dying patient, can not be "comforted by a loved one"...donning satisfactory protective gear?

Thank God, God is Bigger than "men in charge"... "sending His HOLY Servants to be with His dying Servants"...

Sorry for the loss of your cousin and his widow having had to endure such horrendous treatment.

God Bless,
Taken