A Short "Mllinninal" Primer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dig deeper you will find many netlist are cults and apostate. Also look at the list of those in decline.

Just calling oneself Christian does not make it so. You check out all the facts Christianity is declining and has been years.
I would say that what these poll takers conclude to be Christianity is a very fuzzy area. The "face" which many see and describe as a group [named Christianity] striving to follow Christ, has probably always been a false "face" to God. About 2,000 years ago, Apostle Paul wrote this verse:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Most believers in any measure when he wrote it were seeing "through a glass, darkly". What reason do we have to believe that most people have not remained in a very similar state? Man's history? Remember who wrote man's history: Was it likely not some of those who conduct polls today on which too many people draw conclusions and take action instead of simply being led by the Holy Spirit?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say that what these poll takers conclude to be Christianity is a very fuzzy area. The "face" which many see and describe as a group [named Christianity] striving to follow Christ, has probably always been a false "face" to God. About 2,000 years ago, Apostle Paul wrote this verse:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Most believers in any measure when he wrote it were seeing "through a glass, darkly". What reason do we have to believe that most people have not remained in a very similar state? Man's history? Remember who wrote man's history: Was it likely not some of those who conduct polls today on which too many people draw conclusions and take action instead of simply being led by the Holy Spirit?

I agree and extended it to include everyone sees darkly.

The problem with many claiming to be Christians is they have no desire to see the truth. All they want to see is what they want to believe.

To me that is blatantly evident in such as Jehovah witness, Mormons and Catholics. Most have closer minds to anybody and anything else but what they accept.

It is hard to break through but does happen for some, but not many.

The Bible even says many will enter heaven as a man who lost everything in the fire. They have little wisdom and no rewards. But even naked they still make it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree and extended it to include everyone sees darkly.
On this point we agree... that is until a person reaches that "face to face" vision [if he ever does].

The problem with many claiming to be Christians is they have no desire to see the truth. All they want to see is what they want to believe.

To me that is blatantly evident in such as Jehovah witness, Mormons and Catholics. Most have closer minds to anybody and anything else but what they accept.
Why did you have to add your own bias here with regard to the JWs, Mormons and Catholics? Did your own vision improve in regard to them from the darkened to the face to face? I have had very close association with the 1st and the 3rd types and generalizations won't work with them. I suspect the same would be true of the 2nd. Even if a person is in an ultimately wrong place, according to his own mind it may be the right place for him at the moment. If it really is wrong and his heart is open and seeking, will not God help him come out...?

I used to love to invite the young Mormon missionaries in to discuss the things of God. Some of them were as sincere, or even more sincere, as any of those I have met in more acceptable [to non-Mormon Christians] in the mainstreams of Christianity [what men general identity as Christianity]. I never tried to talk them out of anything. I simply let them know where I was and let them speak for themselves as to where they were or they wanted to be. The JWs were less open, I would guess in part because they were usually older people.

The Catholics were where I grew up. My friends were Catholics and so was I all through my high school graduation. many of them were very good people. Some of them knew God.

It is hard to break through but does happen for some, but not many.

The Bible even says many will enter heaven as a man who lost everything in the fire. They have little wisdom and no rewards. But even naked they still make it.

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." I Cor 3:11-15

If we have that foundation to the end we will make it, but as you know people disagree, sometimes sharply, on the details.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On this point we agree... that is until a person reaches that "face to face" vision [if he ever does].

As long as we are in this flesh we see darkly, even if we vary in degrees from each other.
Why did you have to add your own bias here with regard to the JWs, Mormons and Catholics? Did your own vision improve in regard to them from the darkened to the face to face? I have had very close association with the 1st and the 3rd types and generalizations won't work with them. I suspect the same would be true of the 2nd. Even if a person is in an ultimately wrong place, according to his own mind it may be the right place for him at the moment. If it really is wrong and his heart is open and seeking, will not God help him come out...?

I used to love to invite the young Mormon missionaries in to discuss the things of God. Some of them were as sincere, or even more sincere, as any of those I have met in more acceptable [to non-Mormon Christians] in the mainstreams of Christianity [what men general identity as Christianity]. I never tried to talk them out of anything. I simply let them know where I was and let them speak for themselves as to where they were or they wanted to be. The JWs were less open, I would guess in part because they were usually older people.

The Catholics were where I grew up. My friends were Catholics and so was I all through my high school graduation. many of them were very good people. Some of them knew God.

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." I Cor 3:11-15

If we have that foundation to the end we will make it, but as you know people disagree, sometimes sharply, on the details.
My comments on the cults is not bias, it is simple reality.

Yes, I have had and have friends in those cults, even family.

All I have even persuaded some Catholics to come out of Catholicism.

I've had long sit downs with all of those groups to varying degrees of success. But I always go by the Bible teaching that some plant some water and some reap.

I do what I can in each chooses for themselves. I don't turn my back on down because they're in one of those groups.

None of the apostles or Christ simply accepted people where they were. They tried to get them to a better place.

As I said before, Mother Teresa loved a lot of people all the way to hell.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My comments on the cults is not bias, it is simple reality.

The reality is that some of these so called cults do have a measure of truth as I see it. I can say exactly the same thing about every Protestant or Catholic group. I can see no group as I see that has all of the truth. Who draws the lines between them and us? You, me or...?
Yes, I have had and have friends in those cults, even family.

All I have even persuaded some Catholics to come out of Catholicism.
But into what? We all need to come out of any measure of error that we are in. Who among us is not in error in a measure? Not one that I can see.
I've had long sit downs with all of those groups to varying degrees of success. But I always go by the Bible teaching that some plant some water and some reap.
All anyone can do is work with what they have. Every believer in God, be he Mormon or Catholic or JW or other, believes he is right. Many of them also use the same Bible you do to support their beliefs. You may indeed on a point be right while they are wrong, but you will not win anyone to the right Way with God by logic alone. Don't expect it.

I do what I can in each chooses for themselves. I don't turn my back on down because they're in one of those groups.

None of the apostles or Christ simply accepted people where they were. They tried to get them to a better place.

As I said before, Mother Teresa loved a lot of people all the way to hell.
Lots of talk on forums, including this one about poor Mother Teresa. I never met the lady so I tend to leave her alone. God knows what was in her heart. Who else did? Not me.

Reactions: Willie T