A Sign In The Heavens ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Is God is sending a sign in the heavens with Comet McNaught? I don't know how reputal this person is but thought some might find this interesting to ponder.The path of Comet McNaught 2006 P1 from November 11, 2006 to January 22 2007. The comet passes from the constellation Ophiuchus in the sign Scorpio to and through the constellation and sign Sagittarius. Ophiuchus portrays the struggle between the woman’s seed and the serpent. Sagittarius portrays the woman’s seed coming to defeat the enemy and its decan constellation Draco, portrays the casting down of the dragon to the earth This comes from Biblical Astronomy (Bob Wadsworth) and the comet is not down traveling yet http://www.atlbible.org/astronomy/astronomy1.htm

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Comet McNaught is now putting on quite a show for Australians as it has brightened to a -3 (the moon is -12) that makes it the brightest thing in the sky after the moon it also has turned even more red and its tail has a slight curve causing many to compare it to ancient prophecies of the Red dragon or Red cow comet. .......................................................................Though this new Comet may be ‘unknown’ to modern astronomers, this does appear to be so for those of the ancient world, particularly the Jewish mystical tribe known as the Essenes, who in their writings prophesized that in the ‘End Times’ the Comet of the ‘Red Cow’ would return as a ‘sign’ foretelling great upheavals upon our Earth.In the ancient writings of the Essenes about the ‘Red Cow Comet’ it was said it would appear from the ‘Great Desert’ region of the sky, a reference to the Camelopardalis constellation which appears to have been unknown to the ancient astronomers and was not discovered until 1624.

Broken Crusader

Oct 14, 2006
My only worry, is that although, what this person is saying may be legit, my experience with things like this is when people "explain away" things we typically hold as evil, or occultic, it's to soften it and make it appear all ok. In the end it opens a door, that may seem ok, but without careful discernment could lead to very problematic false teaching. Just a thought!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I'm not sure what part of this posts you are refering to BC as far as the prophecey part that is just talk none of us knows when prophecey is going to happen untill it has happened.If you are talking about the Bible in the stars that is true I just do not know what this man was saying about it but for the truth of it go to our Wittness in the Stars link.http://www.christianityboard.com/wittness-...p=6395#post6395this book is by Bullinger a great Bible scholar.