A Simple Question To The Forum About Getting Into The Kingdom Of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010
I figure I'll ask the same question here as in the other thread: If you're striving to keep the law, you must surely be striving to keep the law that commands you to kill homosexuals, adulterers, etc...
Are you murdering people, Eccl?

Do you guys even read my replies? Here is my answer AGAIN!!

As far as execution of law breakers, Jesus gave us the example to follow!

John 8
[3] And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
[4] They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
[5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
[6] This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
[7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
[8] And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
[9] And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
[10] When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
[11] She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Notice Jesus never said it was wrong, or even tried to stop those from throwing the stone. He just made them think, "Am I so perfect that I can condemn this women?"

So with that said, could I excecute someone for a crime, knowing I myself am not sinless? Well I got to tell you.....it depends on the crime!

And here is an example; If I caught someone, redhanded, killing a member of my family, though I am not perfect, I think I could pull the trigger!

Could I kill someone else...say a homosexuals, adulterers, a thief......probably not!

But as Jesus gave us to use as an example below......we do not HAVE to do it.....but He never says we cannot. He does ask that we examine ourselves before doing it though. He tells us to leave it all up to HIm at His coming!

Jesus also gave us this for an example;

Matt.13
[30] Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Now just WHO do you think those are that are being gathered together to burn? Those that broke God's laws!

SINNERS!

And who is it that will come into God's barn?

THOSE THAT KEPT GOD'S LAWS!!

Jesus tells us to let the sinners and the righteous dwell together and HE will seperate them at His return!

Here is my answer AGAIN!!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Hey Rach, duckyman and anyone else that believes they are not obligated to keep any of God's laws, answer me this;

Do you think Paul taught men NOT to covet?

YES or NO! Pretty simple!

Those reading this lesson, please pay attention to their answer! There is no need of scriptures....only a very simple answer.....

YES or NO!
YES, Christians are obligated to keep the New Covenant. THE LAW was only for the Nation of Israel.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
So then Eccl, are you conceding that if you are circumcised for religious reasons "Christ will profit you nothing", you are "a debtor to keep the whole law", "you are estranged from Christ" and that you are then "fallen from grace", as Paul clearly says?

Galatians 5:2-4 (NKJV)
[sup]2 [/sup]Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. [sup]3 [/sup]And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. [sup]4 [/sup]You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Or will you deny the clear teachings of Paul?

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.

Here is a very simple question, to which some may, or may not reply. Most I know will not even agree, but this is the reason for a forum. But if you do respond, please provide scriptures that helped you come to your conclusion.

The question:

If a person does all that they can to keep the statues, commandments and laws of God to the best of their ability, even if they do not keep them perfectly, will it DECREASE
their chance of entering God's kingdom?

Hopefully you will answer honestly, although it may go totally against what you feel or have been taught.

Because to be honest......I can find NOWHERE in the scriptures where it says, "If you KEEP God's laws to the best of your abilities, it will lessen your chances or you will NOT get into His kingdom if you try!"

So many people say, ‘It is impossible to keep ALL of God’s Laws Perfectly!” And they are right! It IS impossible! But God, NEVER EVER tells us we should not TRY to keep them! As a matter of fact, from Gen. to Rev. the one thing God tells us to do over and over again is to KEEP His Commandments.

Now let's just be real for a moment, the scriptures says the following:

1 Peter 4
[18] And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Now I don't know about you, but I do know for a fact the following people were considered truly righteous in God's eye:

Heb.11
[4] By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain...
[5] By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death...
[7] By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
[8] By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed;
[20] By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
[31] By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
[32] And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
[36] And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
[37] They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
[39] And these all, having obtained a good report through faith,

ALL of the above saints died with a good report. All of these saints are righteous according to God. Now do you think they did their best to keep God’s commandments? Of course. Do you think they kept them perfectly? Of course not. And yet the inspired word of God tell us ALL died with a good report. Can you think of a more righteous group than this?

Now if these "SCARCELY be saved", where does that leave you and me?

“And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?” (And for the record, a sinner is one that BREAKS the laws, commandments and statues of God!)

Please understand,

I’m not asking about being justified by the law, or that it’s impossible to keep ALL of God’s laws, or if you break one you break them all, or having faith, or anything about God’s grace and the blood shed for our PAST sins.

It’s just a simple question

So again I ask:

If a person does all that they can to keep the statues, commandments and laws of God, even if they do not keep them perfectly, will it DECREASE their chances of getting into His kingdom?

“Will keeping God’s laws cause a person NOT to enter into His kingdom?”

Because if keeping God’s laws will NOT decrease my chances, that means it can only HELP!!!!

A very wise man once said;

“Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Again, God’s word says, “And if the righteous scarcely be saved….”, now shouldn’t we do ALL we can to better our chances! That’s right…..I said DO!

Why?

Because faith alone just does not cut it;

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."
"But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?"
"Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."
"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

EVEN IF YOU DO NOT REPLY……….
AT LEAST THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!

If you are referring to Christ's law, it is absolutely necessary that we follow and obey. If you are talking about the Mosaic Law, it is not necessary that we follow it, however, I don't think there is any harm in keeping it as long as you are not depending on it for justification. After all God gave those laws so they are not sin.

Have you even read the New Testament? Not everyone is getting into heaven because not everyone loves Jesus. Its always all about Jesus. The entire Bible is about Jesus, and you keep harping about the Law? Jesus is higher than the law! I was going to answer you bit by bit, but I think I will just let the Bible speak for itself. You don't listen to me, but perhaps you'll listen to it.

[Peace with God Through Faith]
[5:1] Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Romans 5:1 ESV)

[9] Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.
(Romans 5:9 ESV)

[11] More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.
(Romans 5:11 ESV)

[20] Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, [21] so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(Romans 5:20-21 ESV)

[14] For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.
(Romans 6:14 ESV)

[Slaves to Righteousness]
[15] What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! [16] Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? [17] But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, [18] and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. [19] I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.
(Romans 6:15-19 ESV)

[Released from the Law]
[7:1] Or do you not know, brothers—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law is binding on a person only as long as he lives? [2] For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage. [3] Accordingly, she will be called an adulteress if she lives with another man while her husband is alive. But if her husband dies, she is free from that law, and if she marries another man she is not an adulteress.
[4] Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God. [5] For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. [6] But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.
(Romans 7:1-6 ESV)

[Life in the Spirit]
[8:1] There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. [2] For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. [3] For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, [4] in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
(Romans 8:1-4 ESV)

[39] and by him everyone who believes is freed from everything from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses.
(Acts 13:39 ESV)

[17] But if you call yourself a Jew and rely on the law and boast in God [18] and know his will and approve what is excellent, because you are instructed from the law; [19] and if you are sure that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness, [20] an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of children, having in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— [21] you then who teach others, do you not teach yourself? While you preach against stealing, do you steal? [22] You who say that one must not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? [23] You who boast in the law dishonor God by breaking the law. [24] For, as it is written, “The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.”
(Romans 2:17-24 ESV)

[Fulfilling the Law Through Love]
[8] Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. [9] For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” [10] Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
(Romans 13:8-10 ESV)

[19] Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God. [20] For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.
[The Righteousness of God Through Faith]
[21] But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— [22] the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: [23] for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, [24] and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, [25] whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. [26] It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
[27] Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith. [28] For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.
(Romans 3:19-28 ESV)

Finally, I wanted to comment on this:

We can see from the above verses that the sinner becomes righteous through the blood of Christ, which means God view us and our deed through Jesus. The only laws we need to worry about now come under love (Romans 13:8-10). People were judged through laws, but that was before Jesus.

You should also try reading Hebrews...and I do mean really read it, as anyone who has cannot hold to the views you do.

How would you address the passages that seem to oppose your point of view? You've posted a lot passages fro Romans, Can I assume you realize the early passages of Romans were written to the Jewish believers in Rome and contrast faith with the works of the Mosaic Law?

You are born into the Kingdom of God, if you are a Son of God. You will be judged according to your works, which will be the works fo your Father. And your name must be found written in the Book of Life to which only the names of those who are of God will be found written in there.

Maybe this will help you out, and give you something to think about. I was born of the flesh in America, my parents where Americans. I was raised up in America. I do not have to ask anyone to tell ma about America. Because I am from America.

Sons of God know what it takes to get into the Kingdom of God.

Born into the kingdom of God? Where dos Scripture teach that? I 'm a little confused, you said people are born into the kingdom of God but also said sons of God know what it takes to get into the kingdom. If one is born there why would they need to get there?

Aug 28, 2010
YES, Christians are obligated to keep the New Covenant. THE LAW was only for the Nation of Israel.

You know.....those reading this lesson are not as stupid as you are hoping they are!

I have a 10yr old son and had him read the question I asked of you. Then I had him to read your reply. Then I asked him if he thought you answered the question that was asked. His reply?

"I thought you asked if Paul taught men not to covet."

Now if a 10yr old knows you are NOT answering a simple question, I'm sure those reading know as well.

So....again, I am NOT asking if Christains are obligated to keep the New Covenant. I am asking only the following,

YES, or NO?

Just for the record, this is what my 10yr old asked; "Wasn't Paul supposed to teach what was right and what was wrong?"

Well readers........Was Paul supposed to teach the Gentiles what was right and wrong?

And where do you think Paul went to find out? Do you think he made it up himself? Where do you think Paul went to find out what was right or wrong?

Readers......unlike the duckman, rach and some others....I know you are a lot smarter than to think man does not have to keep God's laws. Why heck.....man keeps his OWN laws so that he is not punished! Do you really think God is any different?

Let's see if we finally get a yes or no out of this!

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Could I kill someone else...say a homosexuals, adulterers, a thief......probably not!
we do not HAVE to do it.....
Why can't you do it? Sounds like these are COMMANDS to me:
"You should not let a sorceress live"
"Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death."
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."
"A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death"
" Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death."
"All who curse their father or mother must be put to death."
" If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death."
"A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death."

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You know.....those reading this lesson are not as stupid as you are hoping they are!

Stupid? That's uncalled for.
I have a 10yr old son and had him read the question I asked of you. Then I had him to read your reply. Then I asked him if he thought you answered the question that was asked. His reply?
"I thought you asked if Paul taught men not to covet."

Now if a 10yr old knows you are NOT answering a simple question, I'm sure those reading know as well.

So....again, I am NOT asking if Christains are obligated to keep the New Covenant. I am asking only the following,

YES, or NO?

Absolutely. He got it straight from Jesus. It's in the New Covenant.

Colossians 3:5 (NKJV)
[sup]5 [/sup]Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
Just for the record, this is what my 10yr old asked; "Wasn't Paul supposed to teach what was right and what was wrong?"

Well readers........Was Paul supposed to teach the Gentiles what was right and wrong?

And where do you think Paul went to find out? Do you think he made it up himself? Where do you think Paul went to find out what was right or wrong?

As I said, Paul got his teachings straight from Jesus. It's called the New Covenant, not THE LAW.
Readers......unlike the duckman, rach and some others....I know you are a lot smarter than to think man does not have to keep God's laws. Why heck.....man keeps his OWN laws so that he is not punished! Do you really think God is any different?

Let's see if we finally get a yes or no out of this!
No, God is not different, but the New Covenant is. And Christians are not under THE LAW no matter how hard you are trying to make it so.

Galatians 3:24-25 (NKJV)
[sup]24 [/sup]Therefore THE LAW was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. [sup]25 [/sup]But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

I have a 10yr old son and had him read the question I asked of you.

Try asking him if he knows what , Christ will profit you NOTHING, fallen from grace, and estranged from Christ mean.

Galatians 5:2-4 (NKJV)
[sup]2 [/sup]Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. [sup]3 [/sup]And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. [sup]4 [/sup]You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Aug 28, 2010

Why can't you do it? Sounds like these are COMMANDS to me:
"Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death."
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."
"A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death"
" If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death."
"A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death."

Why do you continue to ask the same questions when I have already answered them by presenting scriptures where Jesus tells us to let the righteous and the sinners dwell together and that He would separate them when He returns?

I have answered your question. And yet you continue to ignore mine........

Why are you so resentful to answer? You won't say yes....you won't say no? Or is it you just do not know? I'll show you how easy it is....

YES!!! Paul DID teach men not to covet....and he received this knowledge from the laws of God he read in the OT!

Do you see how easy it was? Well.....if you didn't I'm sure the readers did!

And that's all that matters!!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Eccl, did you teach your son what THE LAW says you will have to do if he converts to another religion?

Deuteronomy 13:6-9 (NKJV)
[sup]6 [/sup]"If your brother, the son of your mother, YOUR SON or your daughter, the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods,' which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, [sup]7 [/sup]of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth, [sup]8 [/sup]you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; [sup]9 [/sup]but YOU SHALL SURELY KILL HIM; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people.

Is your family aware of what you believe Eccl???

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Why do you continue to ask the same questions when I have already answered them by presenting scriptures where Jesus tells us to let the righteous and the sinners dwell together and that He would separate them when He returns?

I have answered your question. And yet you continue to ignore mine........

Why are you so resentful to answer? You won't say yes....you won't say no? Or is it you just do not know? I'll show you how easy it is....

YES!!! Paul DID teach men not to covet....and he received this knowledge from the laws of God he read in the OT!

Do you see how easy it was? Well.....if you didn't I'm sure the readers did!

And that's all that matters!!
Weather or not Paul got them from the OT or revelation from Christ doesn't really matter here. This is simply you trying to distract from the topic that YOU have created.
What does matter is you saying we should try to follow OT Law.

Why do you not follow these laws, Eccl? You have not answered the question.

Aug 28, 2010

Do you guys even know one of the reasons why God stopped animal sacrifice?

Do you understand why Jesus said, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."?

Can you explain to those reading what is meant by the following verse?
"Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

Well......let me help you........

One of the reasons God no longer required animal sacrifice was because those that were wealthy could sin all they wanted and deliver the required animal to the Levites.......because they were RICH! And that was not fair to those that did not have the same livestock.

Jesus said, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.", so that they would examine themselves. And what happened?
"And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst."

And finally....the meaning of the following scripture; "Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.", is this......

Let the sinners, those that are breaking God's laws, and the righteous, those that are keeping God's laws, live and dwell together! For He will separate them at HIs return!

ALL of the above is why it is not MANDATORY that I kill those that break God's laws! Why? Because I also am a sinner!

I am NOT answering this line of questioning again.

I am pretty sure those reading will understand!

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I will continue asking the question until I get a straight answer.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Hey Rach, duckyman and anyone else that believes they are not obligated to keep any of God's laws, answer me this;

YES or NO! Pretty simple!

Those reading this lesson, please pay attention to their answer! There is no need of scriptures....only a very simple answer.....

YES or NO!

No need for scripture when the whole question is in regards to scripture? Yes, please, whoever is "reading this lesson" take careful note. This man is not interested in scripture, only pushing his religious rigidity on other unsuspecting people.

In regards to you pusing this YES or NO thing....it's very much like the question "have you stopped beating your wife?" question....the dude says no, he's damned, he's says yes, it implies he was.

Lets review the original question: "If a person does all that they can to keep the statues, commandments and laws of God to the best of their ability, even if they do not keep them perfectly, will it DECREASE their chance of entering God's kingdom?"
ECC want us to say NO so he can claim his path to righteousness is right. If we say YES he'd just have a field day there!!
The problem is it's not a YES/NO question....no matter how many times Ecc might claim it is. The answer to the question is: JESUS.

If Ecc or anyone is NOT focusing on Jesus as the ONLY way into heaven, they have completely misread the Bible and are trying their very best to earn their way into heaven. It won't work.

I notice Ecc, that you totally and completely ignored all the Bible verses I quoted. I would surely be interested how you 'interpret' away everything the Bible says about Jesus being the ONLY way and that it is impossible to earn our way into heaven.....

As far as Paul teaching men to covet, well, don't be foolish. Just because he, and all those he taught, believed Jesus was the only way into heaven, didn't mean he or us have carte blanche to sin. But we aviod sin in response to the action Jesus took to save us....not in effort to earn our way to the Father.

Aug 28, 2010
I will continue asking the question until I get a straight answer.

Here is your straight answer;

Because Christ tells us we do not HAVE to kill them. It is NOT mandatory to kill them! He does not say NOT to kill them, but He does give us a way out if we choose not to by saying;

"Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

God's laws still stand! All of those mentioned above will be dealt with at the time of the harvest! But do we have to kill them NOW? Jesus tells us no we do not.

If you do not understand or do not like the answer Jesus gave, you can take it up with Him! I am simply taking the option he has given.

Aug 28, 2010
Not everyone is getting into heaven because not everyone loves Jesus. Its always all about Jesus. The entire Bible is about Jesus, and you keep harping about the Law?

And how do we show our love to God? Let's read it;

Gen.26
[5] Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws

Deut.7
[9] Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

Josh.22
[5] But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the LORD charged you, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.

1 Kings 8
[61] Let your heart therefore be perfect with the LORD our God, to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day.

Neh.1
[5] And said, I beseech thee, O LORD God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments:

So showing your love for God requires one to keep His commandments in the OT! Let's read if anything changes in the NT......

John 14
[15] If ye love me, keep my commandments.

[21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 15
[10] If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Rom.3
[31] Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Rom.7
[7] What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Rom.7
[12] Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

1 John 2
[3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

[4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 5
[2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2 John 1
[6] And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Rev.14
[12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev.22
[14] Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

So showing your love for God requires one to keep His commandments in the NT also!

Do you think God is trying to tell us something?

Now what was it you said the entire bible is all about again?

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Here is your straight answer;

Because Christ tells us we do not HAVE to kill them. It is NOT mandatory to kill them! He does not say NOT to kill them, but He does give us a way out if we choose not to by saying;

God's laws still stand! All of those mentioned above will be dealt with at the time of the harvest! But do we have to kill them NOW? Jesus tells us no we do not.

If you do not understand or do not like the answer Jesus gave, you can take it up with Him! I am simply taking the option he has given.
[/quote]

Your argument is that a good Christian should try.
Why aren't you trying to kill people?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
It is quite clear that we cannot reason with someone who believes God is going to kill all of us who eat pork chops.

Aug 28, 2010

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

Then you are not keeping THE LAW, so you really should stop pointing fingers at others.