A simple way to understand the Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of that old not be support in scripture though. Are you saying the son is like a heart that pumps blood in God's body? In the king James version of the Bible; king James confuse the heart that pumps blood throughout the body as the place for the human emotion. The mind and our emotion are one and is not in separate organ of the body.

It is only a metaphor. The Son is like God's heart, which was broken on the Cross.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Ecclesiastes 1:9 That which has been is what will be. That which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun. But, it is new to us. Ya, He's done with creating, and is resting..... has finished what He created and then sets about to manifest in His own perfect timing what He has done that is always of eternal value. We must begin to think in eternal terms if we want to know more about an eternal being. For example, if you can hear it, we all get to Heaven at once (not at one time) at once. Nobody is waiting for anybody to arrive in Heaven, in reality, we are already there. Embrace the Bigger Picture!

That is talking about the here and now. It’s not talking about when God will make all things new.

Revelation 21:5 (ASV)
[sup]5 [/sup]And he that sitteth on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he saith, Write: for these words are faithful and true.
Isaiah 65:17 (ASV)
[sup]17 [/sup]For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

If you think creation is over and done with you need to think again. There is nothing that God made or created that was done for no purpose. The universe was made for man to rule.......human beings were made to be lord over all that God created. And we are not going to be ruling over dead and lifeless plants.....those planets will be inhabited and God's children be God physical manifestation of God to those created beings that will inhabit the various plants and so on. Heaven was never promised to us to rule over. Yes, our citizenship is in Heaven but like a good father God wants His children to have their own place, and in His kingdom each of His children will have dominion over their own kingdom.

Remember some of the parables that Jesus told? Of the servants that did well; were the master when he came back gave the good servants authority over various cities, according to how well each one did. The scripture says the kingdom of God will increase without end. Meaning, it will start here on the Earth and will expand beyond the boundaries of the Earth to the other planets and beyond forever.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
What amazes me today is that there is so much concentration on doctrine and so little on actually live in the reality of the Spirit and in perfect union with God.

Good doctrine is just that... Good. But we must seek to walk in the eternal reality now, to walk by the Spirit now. We must seek to walk in the kingdom of God now, and all other things will fall into place. Including our teaching...

What shows if we are of Christ or not is not our doctrine, but our love, and the Spirit according to which we walk. Our doctrine will reflect this, simply.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
What amazes me today is that there is so much concentration on doctrine and so little on actually live in the reality of the Spirit and in perfect union with God.

Good doctrine is just that... Good. But we must seek to walk in the eternal reality now, to walk by the Spirit now. We must seek to walk in the kingdom of God now, and all other things will fall into place. Including our teaching...

What shows if we are of Christ or not is not our doctrine, but our love, and the Spirit according to which we walk. Our doctrine will reflect this, simply.

I agree. Its starts now and beyond to eternity.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that would be your metaphor not God's.....it does not come from the Bible.

If we are bound to the Bible we are slaves to the Bible. The fact is, the Bible is a witness to truth and life, but it is still only a snapshot. My metaphor is in the spirit of the Bible and it helps to shed light on the nature of the Trinity - God knows it is woefully incomplete, but it is still a reflection of truth. I am not afraid to stretch the muscles of my understanding of the basic truths of God. I revel in my Creator.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
If we are bound to the Bible we are slaves to the Bible. The fact is, the Bible is a witness to truth and life, but it is still only a snapshot. My metaphor is in the spirit of the Bible and it helps to shed light on the nature of the Trinity - God knows it is woefully incomplete, but it is still a reflection of truth. I am not afraid to stretch the muscles of my understanding of the basic truths of God. I revel in my Creator.

Your metaphor only confuses things when compared with the scriptures if someone would be naive enough to accept it. Its fine with me if you want to believe your metaphor but I will stick to what is reveal in the Bible.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your metaphor only confuses things when compared with the scriptures if someone would be naive enough to accept it. Its fine with me if you want to believe your metaphor but I will stick to what is reveal in the Bible.

Okay. What is wrong with it?

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Okay. What is wrong with it?

When you refer or liken the Father to mind its contradicts the scripture because the Bible says it is the Word that is refer to as the mind/thought. The word that is translated Word is from the Greek Logos and means something said, which includes the thought.

Greek Word: λόγος
Transliteration: logos
Phonetic Pronunciation:log'-os
Root: from <G3004>
Cross Reference: TDNT - 4:69,505
Part of Speech: n m
Vine's Words: Account, Cause, Communicate, Communication, Intent, Matter, Matters, Question, Questioning, Reason, Report, Saying, Show (Noun), Speech, Talk, Things, Treatise, Utterance, Word

from <G3004> (lego); something said (including the thought); by implication a topic (subject of discourse), also reasoning (the mental faculty or motive; by extension a computation; specially (with the art. in John) the Divine Expression (i.e. Christ) :- account, cause, communication, × concerning, doctrine, fame, × have to do, intent, matter, mouth, preaching, question, reason, + reckon, remove, say (-ing), shew, × speaker, speech, talk, thing, + none of these things move me, tidings, treatise, utterance, word, work.

— Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary

You refer to Jesus as the heart. What is the heart? The heart is an organ in the body that pumps blood throughout the body. if your intention is that the heart in this case means the emotion (people once thought the heart was the seat of emotion or intelligence....we now know that is false) then that also is a contradiction because the emotion is also an expression of the mind.....it is the mind because that is what the mind does.

The word that is translated in the New Testament as heart is καρδία - kardia and means, the thoughts or feelings (mind). So in effect what you are saying is the Father is mind and the Son is also mind. So the question is, who is the one expressing the feeling or mind if both Father and Son is mind.

Like I said, nowhere in scripture is the Father called the mind and the Son the heart. So anything that contradicts scripture is to be rejected.