A Stone Of Stumbling

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
You are correct FiveSense. We are His servants and as such we are to wash each other's feet. The "disappointment" I feel is in how you handle the soap and water on this issue. You asked about the Galatians verse and I answered you. I would appreciate a response other than, "I have not the strength, nor the ability to serve you in this issue. I am sorry."

Everything I see points to the opposite conclusion from what you are teaching. I provide Scriptural documentation and you don't answer them. You ask a question and when I answer you give the above reply. Does that "glorify the Head?" Does that "edify one another?" We can learn from each other but shouldn't the matter be discussed so the proper conclusion is reached. If I am in error I want to know where it is and I assume the same for you. Truth is the goal and I am quite willing to admit I am wrong but it must be found in His Word.
Perhaps we have reached the point where we must agree to disagree. :)

This is what I thought you meant to say, and taking your words literally stumbled me, and may have offended you. I am in need of your forgivenss.
"I am disappointed that you feel you need to "serve me."
That is what you wrote, and that is what I responded to. Of course I feel the need, I thought, or I would not be at CB. I was confused, but should have kept with what I thought you meant, that you were being vulnerable and not acting from mild provocation. I am sorry.

I guess this all goes along with the title of the post, A Stone of Stumbling. So at least we're in the action.

The understanding of the two different gospels comes only through extreme effort to overcome many obstacles, the chief one being orthodoxy. When one is submitted to God fully, orthodoxy tends to loose its grip over our thoughts and God's light can better illuminate us. It is very hard to overcome. And it is an unpleasent position to be in, relying on the living God, instead of what the masses believe. Such is the lot of those who will live devoutly in Christ Jesus.

As you say, your perceptions do not allow you entrance into this arena, the different gospels that God has dispensed to men. You are being true to your present ideas and apprehensions. If you do not care to release those in order to obtain truth, then yes, we must agree to disagree. I am always willing to discuss it, so should you be interested, email me. Thank you for your graciousness and honesty. Keep on keepin' on.

fivesense

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
This is what I thought you meant to say, and taking your words literally stumbled me, and may have offended you. I am in need of your forgivenss.
"I am disappointed that you feel you need to "serve me."
That is what you wrote, and that is what I responded to. Of course I feel the need, I thought, or I would not be at CB. I was confused, but should have kept with what I thought you meant, that you were being vulnerable and not acting from mild provocation. I am sorry.

No....I meant to say what I said but I was wrong. You rightly corrected me. There is no need for forgiveness for you didn't offend me. You were correct and I was wrong.

I guess this all goes along with the title of the post, A Stone of Stumbling. So at least we're in the action.

The understanding of the two different gospels comes only through extreme effort to overcome many obstacles, the chief one being orthodoxy. When one is submitted to God fully, orthodoxy tends to loose its grip over our thoughts and God's light can better illuminate us. It is very hard to overcome. And it is an unpleasent position to be in, relying on the living God, instead of what the masses believe. Such is the lot of those who will live devoutly in Christ Jesus.

As you say, your perceptions do not allow you entrance into this arena, the different gospels that God has dispensed to men. You are being true to your present ideas and apprehensions. If you do not care to release those in order to obtain truth, then yes, we must agree to disagree. I am always willing to discuss it, so should you be interested, email me. Thank you for your graciousness and honesty. Keep on keepin' on.

fivesense

I fear the "extreme effort to overcome many obstacles" in seeing that there is not one body of believers in Christ (including Jew, Israelite and Gentile) is not "orthodoxy" as you believe but rather is getting over hurdles and hurdles of Scripture saying the opposite. I can not, will not , must not "release those" for they are truth.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
No....I meant to say what I said but I was wrong. You rightly corrected me. There is no need for forgiveness for you didn't offend me. You were correct and I was wrong.
I fear the "extreme effort to overcome many obstacles" in seeing that there is not one body of believers in Christ (including Jew, Israelite and Gentile) is not "orthodoxy" as you believe but rather is getting over hurdles and hurdles of Scripture saying the opposite. I can not, will not , must not "release those" for they are truth.

What was promised to the Jew will come. What we are to become in Christ will also come. The two will meet at the consummation of all things.
fivesense.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
What was promised to the Jew will come. What we are to become in Christ will also come. The two will meet at the consummation of all things.
fivesense.

The two are One through belief.

Romans 2:9-12 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile. But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God. For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

2:29-3:1-2 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

3:9,29-30 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; (29-30) Is He the God of the Jews only? is He not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: Seeing it is one God, Which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.