A suggestion for evolution threads.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
This Vale Of Tears said:
Evolution has as it's main mission and motivation the removal of God the Creator as the only explanation for everything we see. As silly as it sounds, evolutionists are attempting to kill God. Christians who push evolution are much like Christians who push the legalization of drugs, unwittingly aiding the enemy instead of the truth of God.
That has to be one of the goofiest things I've ever read. You seriously believe that? What do you think happens...we scientists get together a few times a year and plot our course of action about how to "kill God" with.....evolution?

You know what? I hear the same thing about those geologists and plate tectonics! After all, scripture is very clear that God creates mountains, and all Christians must believe that if scripture says God created something, then that means He poofed it into existence rather than allow anything to happen on its own.

Down with plate tectonics! Down with plate tectonics! Down with this ungodly attempt to kill God!!!!!

:rolleyes:

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
Evolution's own literature states that it's a religion.

That has to be one of the goofiest things I've ever read. You seriously believe that? What do you think happens...we scientists get together a few times a year and plot our course of action about how to "kill God" with.....evolution?

You know what? I hear the same thing about those geologists and plate tectonics! After all, scripture is very clear that God creates mountains, and all Christians must believe that if scripture says God created something, then that means He poofed it into existence rather than allow anything to happen on its own.

Down with plate tectonics! Down with plate tectonics! Down with this ungodly attempt to kill God!!!!!
The mocking has begun.

Evolution is not a Christian belief and in fact sets itself up in hostility to Christianity...
When given the opportunity to "set itself up," the evolution god will always mock God Almighty.

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
The only thing that bothers me here is in your thread, you stated about the fashion in which imposing evolution as a belief on Christians is wrong. And that Evolution counter acts Christianity as a whole. And has no part in it and completely sets itself apart form the bible.

I strongly disagree, i think this is not the problem. In the bible you are correct in saying the bible has no implications about evolution or the existence of one such belief.
But you are wrong in saying it opposes Christians beliefs. From what we know, from the bible, modern day life, and science. We have no say on the manner on this debate.
We are merely human beings with a far more primitive mind compared to God. We know this from the wonders of the things we see around us with all the senses that help us define what is and what is not.
Everything we know of, is a highly complex machine, that seems to be made in order to accomplish things and is designed to do specific things way beyond the reasons by chance. (big bang from nothingness)
So i am sure we can all agree on that.
The thing is, evolution is more complex than it looks, which is pretty much the story of everything we know of.
Evolution proposes that man evolved over time to accomplish the setting of adapting to its surroundings (environment).
How do we know this is not true, the same way that we know Adam and eve is not true?
Nobody can answer that. Only God knows.
But scientist have confirmed some aspects of Evolution to be evidently true in close examination which has partaken years to achieve. So have some common day people living about their every day lives. Creatures adapt to survive the world, from predators to flourish and breed.
To say that Evolution is completely false as well, is ignorance at its highest form. Because you have no evidential truths to say otherwise.
The fact of the matter is, nobody can prove or disprove Evolution. The same goes for the bible.
In a sense what is to say that evolution has no part in Christianity, it may not of been mentioned, but you cannot see evolution in your lifetime with the naked eye. It takes a long long time to eventually change its course. this type of thing does not come around tomorrow or complete within a day. It is a long process that gradually proceeds to change.
There are a lot of other things that our not mentioned in the bible that people cannot disprove. Dinosaurs, atoms, gravity, and so forth. They all have been proven a reality.
We have found physical and mental evidence of these discoveries. Great discoveries. Through Science.
But this is no way disproves the bible. You can read the bible in many different contexts and meanings. Some metaphorically and others poetic.
The bible is filled with answers, and because its the word of God, it probably takes a lot more to read it to understand the full capacity of what God was ultimately saying.
Sentences and verses could all have a 2 sided meaning, in some ways our brain cannot wholly understand.
Just like quantum physics a great scientific discovery, what's to say that God word in the bible has a completely other context of meaning.
So don't think because something is not mentioned in the bible, that it counter acts Christianity.
I believe in evolution. I believe God designed us with it to help us adapt to environments we weren't equipped for alone.
I cannot comment on the full cycle of Evolution from apes to humans. Because although i can accept and have seen evolution in insects, reptiles and other mammals. i cannot fathom the myth that we humans evolved from apes. Until i have concrete evidence to back that claim.
Anyway have a good day everyone.

God Bless.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
thomasleonard said:
But you are wrong in saying it opposes Christians beliefs. From what we know, from the bible, modern day life, and science. We have no say on the manner on this debate.
A very sound argument for not having evolution threads on a Christian discussion board.

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
This Vale Of Tears said:
A very sound argument for not having evolution threads on a Christian discussion board.
Yes and that should be final for all.
I was merely giving a brief explanation in attempts it would convince people that nobody knows the truth.
So really we all don't have a say on this debate as not one of us knows the truth, we can only provide little evidence and incur small logical explanations.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
River Jordan said:
Obviously I disagree. Like many Christians around the world I have no problem reconciling evolution with scripture. I think it's pretty obvious even.
Edit: Like many Christians around the world I have no problem reconciling evolution with scripture. I just treat scripture like toilet paper, I think it's pretty obvious.

This Vale Of Tears said:
I agree with that assessment. Evolution has as it's main mission and motivation the removal of God the Creator as the only explanation for everything we see. As silly as it sounds, evolutionists are attempting to kill God. Christians who push evolution are much like Christians who push the legalization of drugs, unwittingly aiding the enemy instead of the truth of God.

BTW, since this is a serious request. I would LOVE it if a moderator could weigh in on this.
Agree 100% with you on this.

Evolution mocks:

1. All scripture = If mankind is 200k years old, where is the missing scripture? God waited 196k years before choosing Abraham? Making scripture = recent fairytale dogma.

2. The cross = Did Jesus die for Adams ape father? Ape mother? At which point was mankind accountable for sin? Scripture says Jesus died for all mankind. Because we know all mankind needed a savior, because all mankind is intelligent, because all mankind was created just beneath the angels. Evolving mankind / intelligence makes the death of Jesus for our sins seem like a joke.

3. God's nature = It implies He is evil / created evil. Evolution via natural selection = evil. Just ask the one being eaten.

Evolution has no place in a scripture based Christian forum. Not to mention it is madness. Anyone believing an ape became a human needs to visit a mental institution.

thomasleonard said:
Yes and that should be final for all.
I was merely giving a brief explanation in attempts it would convince people that nobody knows the truth.
So really we all don't have a say on this debate as not one of us knows the truth, we can only provide little evidence and incur small logical explanations.
Nobody knows the truth? What we do know is that 1. there are fossils. 2. Adam's lineage can be traced back 6000 to 7500 years ago. 3. there is intelligent design in everything.

So we can conclude that God created all, either 6k, 7.5k or millions of years ago.

What we cannot do, what is madness, what is not logical is to state that we were flatworms 500 million years ago. What the hell? Evolutionists must be smoking some good pot!

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Seems you get wounded over a little criticism, RJ. This thread is a serious discussion on whether the doctrine of demons you're promoting is appropriate for a Christian forum. Let's try to stay on topic, shall we?

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
The fact still remains that there is no evidence for both sides of this argument, neither evolution nor any other proposal of our life system can be solid evidence to conclude an answer.
But to say that evolution has no place on this forum is ludacris, of course it does, we should welcome all sorts of discussions and debates, that's a simple liberal principle.
And i have to say as Christians, we can surely all identify at least liberal, or anything close to it, if there was a political stance for peace.
I don't understand why people think evolution goes against Christianity, when there for one is no solid evidence for evolution, and two it's a discussion we all should have, whether you agree or disagree, it all comes down to the means of discussing such a matter as it could reinforce Christianity other than disprove it.
God works in mysterious ways, we should know this by now, as we cannot even understand him or fault him. Our primitive brains compared to God is an insult. We should all respect that.
So lets take humility to all debates and discussions, as Jesus would want us to anyhow.

God bless.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
But to say that evolution has no place on this forum is ludacris...
I’m not advocating for a ban on the topic of evolution.

From the OP:

I believe they should be relocated to the Unorthodox Doctrines or Meet Christianity forum...
If we’re all following the site rules, then we’re all Christians here.

Both this forum, and the Unorthodox Doctrines forum, are for Christians only. Given that there is no other prerequisite for participation in either of those two forums, any doctrine held to be historically and traditionally at variance with mainstream Christianity may still be discussed, but should be done so only from within its allocated area. For an ostensibly Christian discussion involving, for example, evolution, the area provided for that would be the Unorthodox Doctrines forum.

We all could learn a bit about rebutting the presumptions of those who would come against the body of Christ with an ungodly (or "unorthodox") agenda. Presumptions are something that the natural man has created. The natural man comes up with a presumption and they cast a burden on you to prove otherwise. The natural man presumes evil, and those who presume evil where there is no evil, they are wicked men. You either serve Christ or you serve man, and that's why man will presume evil because that's what they involve themselves in, and that's all they see -- until you bring the Light of the Word to them and shine the light on them, and that does away with the evil if what you bring to them is the truth. The only way you're going to be able to rebut their presumption is to bring the Sword of the Word to them, to bring the Truth to them. That is the only thing which will overcome wickedness, and that's our duty.

This all stems out of reason. And the reason they do that is because everyone is in the world (not necessarily of the world) and when we're in the world we are in tribulation, and this is part of the tribulation; the natural man presuming evil.

So, yes, we should certainly discuss these issues, but from the born again believers' position of stength and unity, and not from the position of those of the world.

Abstain from all appearance of evil.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
thomasleonard said:
The fact still remains that there is no evidence for both sides of this argument, neither evolution nor any other proposal of our life system can be solid evidence to conclude an answer.
But to say that evolution has no place on this forum is ludacris, of course it does, we should welcome all sorts of discussions and debates, that's a simple liberal principle.
And i have to say as Christians, we can surely all identify at least liberal, or anything close to it, if there was a political stance for peace.
I don't understand why people think evolution goes against Christianity, when there for one is no solid evidence for evolution, and two it's a discussion we all should have, whether you agree or disagree, it all comes down to the means of discussing such a matter as it could reinforce Christianity other than disprove it.
God works in mysterious ways, we should know this by now, as we cannot even understand him or fault him. Our primitive brains compared to God is an insult. We should all respect that.
So lets take humility to all debates and discussions, as Jesus would want us to anyhow.

God bless.
Let's also not be naïve. Scripture warns us about false science. 1 Tim 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called.

Science is accepted as fact by all with IQ>10. If science disproves scripture, guess what? Scripture is disproven.

I am not suggesting we oppose science. But let's get science right before we call it science.

Humility in debates? Of course!! Amen...as long as the other party does not push a dreamy theory as fact.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
This Vale Of Tears said:
Seems you get wounded over a little criticism, RJ. This thread is a serious discussion on whether the doctrine of demons you're promoting is appropriate for a Christian forum. Let's try to stay on topic, shall we?
"Doctrine of demons"... :rolleyes: Wow.
thomasleonard said:
I don't understand why people think evolution goes against Christianity,
It's almost exclusively unique to American conservative Christians.

when there for one is no solid evidence for evolution
Sure there is...lots of it. I know this may sound crazy, but scientists are actually competent at their work.

KingJ said:
I am not suggesting we oppose science. But let's get science right before we call it science.

Humility in debates? Of course!! Amen...as long as the other party does not push a dreamy theory as fact.
And the irony of calling for "getting science right" and then immediately following that up with a fundamentally ignorant statement about science (hint: theories don't become facts) is obviously lost on you.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
River Jordan said:
And the irony of calling for "getting science right" and then immediately following that up with a fundamentally ignorant statement about science (hint: theories don't become facts) is obviously lost on you.
It is somewhat comforting to hear you say a theory will never be a fact and how its also taught that a fact is never final ^_^. I must remember that! It is very true with evolution.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
You do realize I never said a theory becomes a fact? I am open to correction. Though I doubt your point is flying over my head, I think it's still waiting to evolve wings.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
If we both agree that the creationist argument "evolution is only a theory, not a fact" is based on a misconception (that scientific theories can be promoted to "fact"), then I'm not sure who or what you were complaining about when you said, "as long as the other party does not push a dreamy theory as fact".