A Test Of Reading Comprehension and Honesty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Jn 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Hearing only saves?

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hearing and believing, and believing in Christ is the work of God.

John 6:29 (KJV) Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Hearing and believing, and believing in Christ is the work of God.

John 6:29 (KJV) Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
If believeth and is baptized means believe only then heareth and believeth must mean hear only.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is God culpable for the faithless therefore is at fault for the lost?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the early church taught and did then we teach and do .
What saves one is faith in Christ . But if one is not a doer of the word their faith is dead .
Baptism saves none without faith in Christ . It matters what one believes , for if one believes not
in Christ they will be damned .
The thief on the cross was saved for his faith was in Christ .
Had he been able to come down from the cross he would have then also been baptized .
But as we see he never was . HIS FAITH in CHRIST DID SAVE HIM .
The early church baptized true believers , so we should too .
Being hearers and doers of the word .
But never send one to be water baptized into just any ol church . For if a leader teaches lies
and deadly doctrine , we are not even to eat with such a one let alone be baptized by them .
This should have been real simple .

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If believeth and is baptized means believe only then heareth and believeth must mean hear only.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is God culpable for the faithless therefore is at fault for the lost?

How can God be culpable for that which man chose of his own free will? Man could have chosen to obey God and live or disobey and die. Man freely chose to bring sin and death through sin into creation.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Hearing only saves?
anyone who reads the bible would also know that JESUS said He how hears and yet does not has no foundation .
He who truly HEARS , will DO . He who has ears but hears not , even what he heard he will not do .
To believe on Christ , to truly love him , to have true faith will always been seen in the fruits .
For one who hears and believes , one who HEEDS the WORD , the gospel , and believes on CHRIST
believes ON GOD who sent HIM . And the SPIRIT they have been given will work in them the things pleasing to GOD .
LET us HEED the SPIRIT and not the flesh .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can God be culpable for that which man chose of his own free will? Man could have chosen to obey God and live or disobey and die. Man freely chose to bring sin and death through sin into creation.
Yes indeed . It was GOD who had told them not to Eat of that tree .
It was satan who told eve she could . Disobediance unto GOD by Man brought the curse upon the earth .
IF we tell our children to not play in the streets , yet they willfully sneak out and do so
Are we THEN to BLAME . nope . NOR does the fault of mans disobediance REST ON GOD . ITS ON MAN .
And we all have sinned so we cant blame adam and eve and say oh had we been in those days
we would not have done that . WE already all have disobeyed GOD . The fault is not in the maker
the fault lies not in GOD , but in mankind .
Now excuse me for a second while i GO PRAISE the GLORIOUS LORD for the true hope given us in CHRIST JESUS .
WHO never once failed GOD , never once disobeyed GOD and overcame the world .
SO too does our faith in HIM overcome . The GIFT is free , and it comes FROM GOD given in CHRIST JESUS .
So my advice is that some of these folks need to quit trying to find some kind of way to blame GOD
for the faults of men , and rather RUN TO CHRIST who overcame and have ALL HOPE IN GOD .
LET THE GLORIOUS LORD BE PRAISED MY FRIEND .
The fault lies not in the CREATOR but in men . THE SOLUTION to the faults of men , HOWEVER IS GOD
IS THE SON . Now lift those hands and praise the LORD .

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
In post 22 you posted:
"believing in Christ is the work of God"

What do you mean that believing "is the work of God"? Are you suggesting man is unable to believe therefore God must do the work of believing for man?

---------------------------------------

Again, if believeth and is baptized means believe only then heareth and believeth must mean hear only.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let he who glories , GLORY IN THE LORD ALONE . lift those hands up , cause its LORD praising and thanking TIME
in the building and the world . LEt all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity .
And let all be always thankful unto HE who has saved us and given us all hope in Him by Jesus Christ .
Let the KING be praised .

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
If the early church taught and did then we teach and do .
What saves one is faith in Christ . But if one is not a doer of the word their faith is dead .
Baptism saves none without faith in Christ . It matters what one believes , for if one believes not
in Christ they will be damned .
The thief on the cross was saved for his faith was in Christ .
Had he been able to come down from the cross he would have then also been baptized .
But as we see he never was . HIS FAITH in CHRIST DID SAVE HIM
The early church baptized true believers , so we should too .
Being hearers and doers of the word .
But never send one to be water baptized into just any ol church . For if a leader teaches lies
and deadly doctrine , we are not even to eat with such a one let alone be baptized by them .
This should have been real simple .
Believing apart from baptism cannot save for he that believeth AND is baptized shall be saved.

--What proof do you have the thief had never been baptized? How do you know he was not of those of Mk 1:5 that was baptized of John?

--The thief is not an example of NT gospel salvation (Heb 9:16:17) therefore he lived and died BEFORE Mark 16:16 came into effect. We today who live after Mk 16:16 are accountable to it unlike the thief.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Let he who glories , GLORY IN THE LORD ALONE . lift those hands up , cause its LORD praising and thanking TIME
in the building and the world . LEt all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity .
And let all be always thankful unto HE who has saved us and given us all hope in Him by Jesus Christ .
Let the KING be praised .
Lk 6:46 why call ye Me Lord, Lord and do not what I say?

He who hears the Lord and believes the Lord will do what the Lord says and that includes doing as the Lord said in being baptized as the Lord said, Mk 16:16.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In post 22 you posted:
"believing in Christ is the work of God"

What do you mean that believing "is the work of God"? Are you suggesting man is unable to believe therefore God must do the work of believing for man?

---------------------------------------

Again, if believeth and is baptized means believe only then heareth and believeth must mean hear only.
marvel not , the sheep hear the voice of GOD . All who have truly been taught of GOD
come to Christ . The Father draws them . It was not me who led me to Christ
IT WAS GOD . I Tell us all that it was GOD who flipped me around and put into my heart
the desire to even KNOW HIM . And know this , NO LAMB would willfully
cotinue to make excuse over and over again on how to go around what GOD , what CHRIST taught .
THEY WILL HEAR and they will DO . for they are born again and the SPIRIT now works in them
the things pleasing to GOD .
IF a lamb does err he will repent . What he wont do is continually say , I GO , I DO and then DO NOT
What a lamb will not do is JUSTIFY his own disobediance , nor blame GOD in any way . Nor find
a way to go around what GOD has taught through CHRIST . A lamb hears the voice
of the great shepard of the sheep , CHRIST JESUS , and i tell us all a strangers voice they will not follow .
A stranger is one who does teach things contrary to GOD , to Christ , to sound doctrine
and does all the words and strifes of words to make that which is plain CONFUSING
thus leading them to believe a lie . Leading them to believe in the justification of sin rather than
to simply walk in the LIGHT of TRUTH . BEWARE THEM STRANGERS , for they are many
they are hirelings who care not for the flocks but rather have made it into a business whereby
they can have their comforts and pleasures in life . THESE care not for the sheep
Let us learn those bibles well . For many decievers do abound , many ministirs of satan
who can appear as men of righteousness do lead many now . BUT THE SHEEP DO NOT HEAR THEM
for the sheep hear and follow THE VOICE of the GREAT SHEPARD who does CARE FOR THE SHEEP
and who DOES look out for His own . LET all HEED HIS VOICE and learn those bibles well .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing apart from baptism cannot save for he that believeth AND is baptized shall be saved.

--What proof do you have the thief had never been baptized? How do you know he was not of those of Mk 1:5 that was baptized of John?

--The thief is not an example of NT gospel salvation (Heb 9:16:17) therefore he lived and died BEFORE Mark 16:16 came into effect. We today who live after Mk 16:16 are accountable to it unlike the thief.
Ernest , you obviously are not hearing what i am saying .
IF one truly BELIEVES then one would TRULY BE A DOER .
Let that sink in a bit .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 6:46 why call ye Me Lord, Lord and do not what I say?

He who hears the Lord and believes the Lord will do what the Lord says and that includes doing as the Lord said in being baptized as the Lord said, Mk 16:16.
THAT is what i have been saying all along . HE who hears and does not , KNOWETH NOT CHRIST .
BELIEVE IN CHRIST and ye shall be saved . And the last time i checked JESUS taught many things ,
and the early church Baptized believers too . HE who hears yet does not has no foundation . THEY DONT have Christ .
THEY have what i once had , a belief , a mindset that knew some truths yet DID NOT FOLLOW NOR LOVE THE TRUTH .
That is confusion and death . But praise GOD for HIS mercy in CHRIST
FOR HE flipped me around many years ago and brought me to true SAVING FAITH IN CHRIST JESUS
A faith that hears and DOES . A TRUE FAITH , TRUE BELIEF .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Please read the Bible verses and then answer the multiple choice questions.

Question: What did Jesus say in Mark 16:15-16?

Mark 16:15-16,
-And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach the GOSPEL to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

Did Jesus say?

a) he that does not believe and is not baptized will be saved...
b) he that believes and is saved will then be baptized...
c) he that believes and is baptized will be saved...
d) he that does not believe but is baptized will be saved....

If you answered a)
Incorrect
You might be a Muslim or Jew or atheist for they believe no one is saved by Jesus.

If you answered a)
Incorrect
You might be a universalist because everyone is going to heaven despite what one believes.

If you answered b)
Incorrect
You might be a follower of the reformed, protestant doctrines of the 15th to 16th century i.e. Faith Onlyism.

If you answered d)
Incorrect
You might be a catholic for babies do not believe yet are baptized to be saved.

If you answered c)
Correct
You might be an alien sinner who is searching for the truth.

If you answered c)
Correct
You might be a Bible believing christian.

If you failed this test, you either need help with comprehension, or you may have been indoctrinated into false doctrines conceived from blind men.

Those with honest hearts and basic English comprehension skills will answer c)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please read the Bible verses and then answer the multiple choice questions.

Question: What did Jesus say in Mark 16:15-16?

Mark 16:15-16,
-And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach the GOSPEL to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

Did Jesus say?

a) he that does not believe and is not baptized will be saved...
b) he that believes and is saved will then be baptized...
c) he that believes and is baptized will be saved...
d) he that does not believe but is baptized will be saved....

If you answered a)
Incorrect
You might be a Muslim or Jew or atheist for they believe no one is saved by Jesus.

If you answered a)
Incorrect
You might be a universalist because everyone is going to heaven despite what one believes.

If you answered b)
Incorrect
You might be a follower of the reformed, protestant doctrines of the 15th to 16th century i.e. Faith Onlyism.

If you answered d)
Incorrect
You might be a catholic for babies do not believe yet are baptized to be saved.

If you answered c)
Correct
You might be an alien sinner who is searching for the truth.

If you answered c)
Correct
You might be a Bible believing christian.

If you failed this test, you either need help with comprehension, or you may have been indoctrinated into false doctrines conceived from blind men.

Those with honest hearts and basic English comprehension skills will answer c)

Salvation comes from the Spirit into our hearts whereby we cry "Abba - Father".

Water baptism cannot save anyone - only faith in the Word, Who washes away our sins = Gospel of John chapter 1

John answered them, saying, “I baptize with water, but there stands One among you whom you do not know.
27It is He who, coming after me, is preferred before me, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose.”

28These things were done in Bethabara beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Reactions: rwb

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Jews baptized Gentile converts, but John was baptizing Jews! His baptism was authorized from heaven (Mat_21:23-27); it was not something John devised or borrowed. It was a baptism of repentance, looking forward to the Messiah’s coming (Act_19:1-7). His baptism fulfilled two purposes: it prepared the nation for Christ and it presented Christ to the nation (Joh_1:31).
But John mentioned two other baptisms: a baptism of the Spirit and a baptism of fire (Mat_3:11). The baptism of the Spirit came at Pentecost (Act_1:5, and note that Jesus said nothing about fire). Today, whenever a sinner trusts Christ, he is born again and immediately baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ, the church (1Co_12:12-13). In contrast, the baptism of fire refers to the future judgment, as Matthew explains (Mat_3:12).

Jesus was not baptized because He was a repentant sinner. Even John tried to stop Jesus, but the Lord knew it was His Father’s will. Why was Jesus baptized? First, His baptism gave approval to John’s ministry. Second, He identified Himself with publicans and sinners, the very people He came to save. But mainly, His baptism pictured His future baptism on the cross (Mat_20:22; Luk_12:50) when all the “waves and billows” of God’s judgment would go over Him (Psa_42:7; Jon_2:3).

John was careful to magnify Jesus and not himself (see Joh_3:25-30). John would baptize repentant sinners in water, but “the coming One” would baptize them with the Spirit (Act_1:4-5). This did not mean that John’s baptism was unauthorized (see Mat_21:23-27), or that water baptism would one day be replaced by Spirit baptism (see Mat_28:19-20).

Rather, John’s message and baptism were preparation so that the people would be ready to meet and trust the Messiah, Jesus Christ. Our Lord’s Apostles were no doubt baptized by John (see Joh_4:1-2 and Act_1:21-26).

John explained that his baptism was in water, but that the Messiah would come and baptize with a spiritual baptism. Again, John made it clear that he was not establishing a new religion or seeking to exalt himself. He was pointing people to the Saviour, the Son of God (Joh_1:34). We shall learn later that it was through baptism that Jesus Christ would be presented to the people of Israel.

Jesus was not teaching that the new birth comes through water baptism. In the New Testament, baptism is connected with death, not birth; and no amount of physical water can effect a spiritual change in a person. The emphasis in Joh_3:14-21 is on believing, because salvation comes through faith (Eph_2:8-9). The evidence of salvation is the witness of the Spirit within (Rom_8:9), and the Spirit enters your life when you believe (Act_10:43-48; Eph_1:13-14).
Water baptism is certainly a part of our obedience to Christ and our witness for Christ (Mat_28:18-20; Act_2:41).

But it must not be made an essential for salvation; otherwise, none of the Old Testament saints was ever saved, nor was the thief on the cross (Luk_23:39-43). In every age, there has been but one way of salvation — faith in God’s promise — though the outward evidence of that faith has changed from age to age.
Warren

Still an ongoing debate, water, or Spirit.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Incorrect Jesus said c) he that believeth and is baptized will be saved.
Thank you for taking the test
Truth comprehension Test #1

Are you able to comprehend God's Truth???

A.) What came first? = Water Baptism or the Lamb that takes away the sins of the world?

B.) What washes away our sins? = Water or the Blood of the Lamb?

C.) What Baptism fills us with the Holy Spirit? = Water or OTHER?

D.) What condemns a person? = Failure to answer these questions or unbelief in the Word of God?

E.) What does God require from us to be saved? Belief in His Word or "water baptism"?

Failure to answer these questions correctly could be a sign/sympton of religion, which has been proven to lead to blindness...........

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

neither side has any proof that he was or was not baptized prior too .
But we do have the PROOF of what SAVED HIM . LORD REMEMBER ME . HIS FAITH IN JESUS .
WE have THAT PROOF my friend . FAITH IN JESUS saves . And if its true faith one is a hearer and a doer .
As for that man , HE was unable to come back down . but either way the proof IS that it is FAITH in CHRIST that saved HIM .

Reactions: Marvelloustime