A Test Of Reading Comprehension and Honesty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
neither side has any proof that he was or was not baptized prior too .
But we do have the PROOF of what SAVED HIM . LORD REMEMBER ME . HIS FAITH IN JESUS .
WE have THAT PROOF my friend . FAITH IN JESUS saves . And if its true faith one is a hearer and a doer .
As for that man , HE was unable to come back down . but either way the proof IS that it is FAITH in CHRIST that saved HIM .
We have to be very careful re this topic on water baptism, it brings schisms and divisions among the brethren, not unity.
As for me, I was water baptized.
Why?
Because it is in the written word.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have to be very careful re this topic on water baptism, it brings schisms and divisions among the brethren, not unity.
As for me, I was water baptized.
Why?
Because it is in the written word.

Unity at the cost of truth is a unity i will never sit under .
Unity under CHRIST , unity in truth . NOW that is where i belong .
Too many in the churches have made the focus on this wrong kind of unity
a unity which does all to gather the people , yet trods the TRUTH under foot for sake of said unity .
That is a unity i will not be part of ever . I am so sad , however that most churches now embrace
the wrong kind of unity and not rather TRUE UNITY under CHRIST .
TRUE UNITY dont overlook errors for sake of fellowship . It would mark those that cause divisions
IN THE DOCTRINE ye have learned and avoid them .
Too many folks are having unity under a unity which has flat out mocked GOD and CHRIST
I wont be sitting under that kind of all inclusive rainbow many path accepting UNITY for sake of anything .
FOR ME , and for the lambs we shall gather with true lambs who LOVE the LORD , the TRUTH and all holy doctrine
by which we shall grow . UNITY WITH THE SON UNDER GOD , not UNITY with the world under the dragon .
And while both unities might preach good works , the one under the dragon is death and not life .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Unity at the cost of truth is a unity i will never sit under .
Unity under CHRIST , unity in truth . NOW that is where i belong .
Too many in the churches have made the focus on this wrong kind of unity
a unity which does all to gather the people , yet trods the TRUTH under foot for sake of said unity .
That is a unity i will not be part of ever . I am so sad , however that most churches now embrace
the wrong kind of unity and not rather TRUE UNITY under CHRIST .
TRUE UNITY dont overlook errors for sake of fellowship . It would mark those that cause divisions
IN THE DOCTRINE ye have learned and avoid them .
Too many folks are having unity under a unity which has flat out mocked GOD and CHRIST
I wont be sitting under that kind of all inclusive rainbow many path accepting UNITY for sake of anything .
FOR ME , and for the lambs we shall gather with true lambs who LOVE the LORD , the TRUTH and all holy doctrine
by which we shall grow . UNITY WITH THE SON UNDER GOD , not UNITY with the world under the dragon .
And while both unities might preach good works , the one under the dragon is death and not life .
So sorry you misunderstand me and place me as echad with the kosmos.

You have a blessed day.
J.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
A. Nouns.
1. baptisma (G908), "baptism," consisting of the processes of immersion, submersion and emergence (from bapto, "to dip"), is used (a) of John's "baptism," (b) of Christian "baptism," see B. below; (c) of the overwhelming afflictions and judgments to which the Lord voluntarily submitted on the cross, e.g., Luk_12:50; (d) of the sufferings His followers would experience, not of a vicarious character, but in fellowship with the sufferings of their Master. Some mss. have the word in Mat_20:22-23; it is used in Mar_10:38-39, with this meaning.
2. baptismos (G909), as distinct from baptisma (the ordinance), is used of the "ceremonial washing of articles," Mar_7:4, Mar_7:8, in some texts; Heb_9:10; once in a general sense, Heb_6:2. See WASHING.
3. baptistes (G910), "a baptist," is used only of John the Baptist, and only in the Synoptists, 14 times.
B. Verb.
baptizo (G907), "to baptize," primarily a frequentative form of bapto, "to dip," was used among the Greeks to signify the dyeing of a garment, or the drawing of water by dipping a vessel into another, etc. Plutarchus uses it of the drawing of wine by dipping the cup into the bowl (Alexis, 67) and Plato, metaphorically, of being overwhelmed with questions (Euthydemus, 277 D).
It is used in the NT in Luk_11:38 of washing oneself (as in 2Ki_5:14, "dipped himself," Sept.); see also Isa_21:4, lit., "lawlessness overwhelms me." In the early chapters of the four Gospels and in Act_1:5; Act_11:16; Act_19:4, it is used of the rite performed by John the Baptist who called upon the people to repent that they might receive remission of sins. Those who obeyed came "confessing their sins," thus acknowledging their unfitness to be in the Messiah's coming kingdom. Distinct from this is the "baptism" enjoined by Christ, Mat_28:19, a "baptism" to be undergone by believers, thus witnessing to their identification with Him in death, burial and resurrection, e.g., Act_19:5; Rom_6:3-4; 1Co_1:13-17; 1Co_12:13; Gal_3:27; Col_2:12. The phrase in Mat_28:19, "baptizing them into the Name" (RV; cf. Act_8:16, RV), would indicate that the "baptized" person was closely bound to, or became the property of, the one into whose name he was "baptized."
In Act_22:16 it is used in the middle voice, in the command given to Saul of Tarsus, "arise and be baptized," the significance of the middle voice form being "get thyself baptized." The experience of those who were in the ark at the time of the Flood was a figure or type of the facts of spiritual death, burial, and resurrection, Christian "baptism" being an antitupon, "a corresponding type," a "like figure," 1Pe_3:21. Likewise the nation of Israel was figuratively baptized when made to pass through the Red Sea under the cloud, 1Co_10:2. The verb is used metaphorically also in two distinct senses: firstly, of "baptism" by the Holy Spirit, which took place on the Day of Pentecost; secondly, of the calamity which would come upon the nation of the Jews, a "baptism" of the fire of divine judgment for rejection of the will and word of God, Mat_3:11; Luk_3:16.
Ol' Vine's

Reactions: David in NJ

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Truth comprehension Test #1

Are you able to comprehend God's Truth???

A.) What came first? = Water Baptism or the Lamb that takes away the sins of the world?

B.) What washes away our sins? = Water or the Blood of the Lamb?

C.) What Baptism fills us with the Holy Spirit? = Water or OTHER?

D.) What condemns a person? = Failure to answer these questions or unbelief in the Word of God?

E.) What does God require from us to be saved? Belief in His Word or "water baptism"?

Failure to answer these questions correctly could be a sign/sympton of religion, which has been proven to lead to blindness...........
The Holy Spirit baptism is essential for salvation. Romans 8:9

Rather water baptism specifically is essential as well, I can not prove. In my opinion it serves as a explicit act which is a public confession of our faith. But we do see the disciples performing water baptism, so it would be wise to follow their example.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rather water baptism specifically is essential as well, I can not prove. In my opinion it serves as a explicit act which is a public confession of our faith. But we do see the disciples performing water baptism, so it would be wise to follow their example.

i would agree with you on water baptism being essential for our obedience unto Christ as a public witness and outward expression of His Salvation that is 'ALL READY & PRESENT' within the Believer.

i find no Scriptural reference that water baptism washes away the "sins of the world"

Peace and know that i water baptise Believers in Christ

Reactions: lforrest

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Correct

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
i would agree with you on water baptism being essential for our obedience unto Christ as a public witness and outward expression of His Salvation that is 'ALL READY & PRESENT' within the Believer.

i find no Scriptural reference that water baptism washes away the "sins of the world"

Peace and know that i water baptise Believers in Christ
...and correct

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I would also like to mention that there is a certain joy that is felt at the hearing of believers being baptized. And while the heart is deceitful I do take it as a sort of unreliable witness.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would also like to mention that there is a certain joy that is felt at the hearing of believers being baptized. And while the heart is deceitful I do take it as a sort of unreliable witness.
This is the Whole Story/Picture of why/what the Word came to show us = outward vs inward conversion!!!

Man(y) can provide outward conversion = religion.

Only God can provide for us the Inward Conversion = SEE Genesis = "God will provide the Sacrifice"

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You think the heart is still being deceitful in born again believers?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I can find plenty of Scriptures, so we are deceitful, born again Spirit filled believers in Christ, correct?
Born Again by the Spirit is NEVER deceitful and NEVER produces deceit within us.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Yes, though to a lesser extent. An emotion felt from the Spirit as opposed to the flesh is not always discerned easily. And I do not wish to fast over every question when obedience is sufficient.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Born Again by the Spirit is NEVER deceitful and NEVER produces deceit within us.
My question.

Your answer.

YES, YES, YES

There is only ONE CURE and it is a DAILY CURE

Can you find that answer(s) in the Scripture???

....and now it is no?

Shalom
J.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question.

Your answer.

YES, YES, YES

There is only ONE CURE and it is a DAILY CURE

Can you find that answer(s) in the Scripture???

....and now it is no?

Shalom
J.

Answers containing both 'Yes and No' are throughout the Scripture.....
furthermore there are Yes/No/Now/not Now answers as well..........

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, though to a lesser extent. An emotion felt from the Spirit as opposed to the flesh is not always discerned easily. And I do not wish to fast over every question when obedience is sufficient.
You mean, the Imperatives as it stands written in Scriptures.
I don't go on feelings or emotions, love is not a "feeling" but an act of the will, right?