A Test Of Reading Comprehension and Honesty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Baptism in water is one thing, but baptism in the holy spirit is something far more powerful..:)-
Jesus said-"For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 1:5)

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism in water is one thing, but baptism in the holy spirit is something far more powerful..:)-
Jesus said-"For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 1:5)

Religion focuses on the natural(water and outward observance) and avoids the Spirit because they have no control over the Spirit of Truth.

Reactions: marks

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we have a white and black dog inside of us, all depends on which one we feed the most?
correct and, in short form, here is God's Word on it =

Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 9In this manner, therefore, pray:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us this day our daily bread.
12And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
[d]For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

14“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we have control, excousia, over the Ruach, or is the Ruach HaKodesh having/leading us?
When did God ever hand over control to man?

The Ruach HaKodesh is a Person and Eternal Elohim = Father/Son/Holy Spirit

HE leads and we follow = thus the struggle between the flesh and the Spirit = daily..........until the Day of Redemption is Completed in FULL

Reactions: marks

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
You do not wish to "fast" over every question......
Do I take it, as an Admin, you don't want to enter into dialogue?
I enter dialog or refrain as lead. I may also be delayed as some questions take longer to answer than I have time.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Do we have control, excousia, over the Ruach, or is the Ruach HaKodesh having/leading us?
For In. the chrisma is the -+ Spirit of Truth who gives Christians the power of
understanding, so that they do not need any other teacher (1 In. 2:27). Through
their anointing they have received the Spirit, who brings to mind what Jesus has
said (cf. In. 14:26; 15:26; 16:13 f.).

The anointing of the Spirit is the power which
works in the believer through the divine authoritative word. In following and
abiding in Jesus (1 In. 2: 28) and through the power of the preached word as it
works in the church, the believer is given a share in the Messianic anointing of
Jesus. He receives the Holy Spirit, who is able to discern the spirits (1 In. 4: 1 ff.;
2 :18).

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
You mean, the Imperatives as it stands written in Scriptures.
I don't go on feelings or emotions, love is not a "feeling" but an act of the will, right?
I agree that love is not an emotion, but is God since we should take Jesus' word as Truth. And it is logical that the creator loves, as what we know of creating and nurturing are qualities also associated with love.

So then how do you feel love except by what emotions he provokes? Aside from the gift of discerning spirits can we sense spirits, or only their effect upon us?

Reactions: David in NJ

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Jesus said in John 10, "1“Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.”

This is referring to a kind of basic discernment that all believers should have to know Jesus' voice from any other. But is love the quality of that voice which makes his voice knowable as being from him?

I think it has more to do with a spiritual attachment to him which is a result of predestination.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I agree that love is not an emotion, but is God since we should take Jesus' word as Truth. And it is logical that the creator loves, as what we know of creating and nurturing are qualities also associated with love.

So then how do you feel love except by what emotions he provokes? Aside from the gift of discerning spirits can we sense spirits, or only their effect upon us?
1. The only time I felt loved is when I was married to my dear wife.
2. Yes, we can "sense" spirits and their effects upon us.

Just by reading the answers, interactions, rebukes, responses and reactions there is this "sense" that something is not right.

I am fully aware the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit, there are times I "feel" His presence, but for the most part I have to trust the Scriptures as to what it says.

I am more in the valley than on the mountaintop, that is, if you understand what I am saying/typing.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus said in John 10, "1“Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.”

This is referring to a kind of basic discernment that all believers should have to know Jesus' voice from any other. But is love the quality of that voice which makes his voice knowable as being from him?

I think it has more to do with a spiritual attachment to him which is a result of predestination.
Are you leaning to Reformed teachings re predestination/elect?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
In what manner is the Kol/voice making Himself known/knowable to you?
Usually with subtle clues, be they scripture or from everyday life. By themselves these clues would be unremarkable, but accompanied by a imparted knowing I can get that they are from God.

Reactions: Johann

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Are you leaning to Reformed teachings re predestination/elect?
I wish to receive the full council of God. It teaches of predestination, though I have not been indoctrinated by Calvinism or Arminianism.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I wish to receive the full council of God. It teaches of predestination, though I have not been indoctrinated by Calvinism or Arminianism.
Like you, I don't hold to Calvin and Arminianism, and like you, I wish to receive the full council of God.
So, to which theology are you leaning towards?
This is no trick question, I really want to know.