A Walk Through History

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the heck is a sea cow? It sounds like something out of SpongeBob SquarePants LOL :p

A manatee

tenor.gif

Reactions: April_Rose

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about America's first missionary...

George Lyle.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm,.. no sorry John lol! Hmm,.. this looks interesting.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...feel free to discuss any kind of history that you want to in this thread
The greatest lesson of history, which none in power have learned is that "Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom". Whole nations have been enslaved because of a failure to heed this warning. Now it is America's turn.

Some of the things which become clear through all histories are:

1. Kingdoms and empires rise and fall. None continue for too long.

From the biblical perspective the Babylonian empire was succeeded by that of Medo-Persia. However that was then succeeded by Graeco-Macedonia, and finally by Rome. But the Roman empire fell, and now the revived Roman empire under the Antichrist will appear. This will be the final empire --- that of the Antichrist, but it will not last for more than 3 1/2 years. Then the Lord Jesus Christ will take complete and absolute control of this earth and cleanse it.

2. The United States was founded on the principle of liberty and justice for all. This principle has been abandoned, therefore the USA is now being replaced by the "Peoples Republic of West China".

3. History generally shows that the strong always take advantage of the weak, and unless the weak are prepared to resist their subjugation, they remain slaves.

4. History also shows that evildoers succeed while those who are righteous are persecuted and killed.

5. Greed for territory and for power is the primary motive for wars, which are totally unnecessary.

6. The Bible tells us that all the kingdoms of this world are under the god of this world -- Satan. But that will not remain forever. The Second Coming of Christ draweth nigh.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm,.. no sorry John lol! Hmm,.. this looks interesting.
]

George Lyle had a loud voice...very booming so everyone could hear...which made him popular. He founded many churches here in the States...when they were just colonies.

But George didn't do politics...he really didn't care who was in charge so long as he could preach and start Church communities.

As the Colonialists were kicking out the British they got wind of George Lyle...and they wanted to enslave George even though he had been born a free man and never had been a slave. (His wife was at one time but his kids weren't ever)

So George and family took a ride with the British to Jamaica and began starting churches there.

Yeah...the first missionary from America was a Black man running away from those starting this nation.
Kinda twisted when you think about it.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So what's a dugong?
look it up.
A sea cow that graze on seaweed ect, I do not think that they are around anymore in the place that I grew up, now the seaweed is shocking at times of the year it comes up on the beach, it never did before like it does now. to many people living up their now polluting the sea and we had fresh water crayfish up on the land everywhere once but no is to be found in the last 30 years. I believe they poisoned the water table with a housing product to kill termites that was once used.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I forgot to post this as it looks like the making of the film Balto. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose we need to interpret 'cool' in this case as favouring gruesome deaths......a view with frightening implications.

Oh come on lighten up they're just animals! Lions and tigers do the same things since they're predators and I think they're beautiful. :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh come on lighten up they're just animals! Lions and tigers do the same things since they're predators and I think they're beautiful. :)
Do we now take the weightiness of the implications, disarm them and drag it into the arena of 'nice'...hmmmm

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anybody seen the film that this is based off of? Really touching story. Sad though. :(

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dinosaurs were "created" by God's fallen angels and were washed away by Noah's flood. :eek:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are some really cool videos that I was watching last night. :D