ABIDING = Fruit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Can we even abide without Spirit? The Lord said we can do nothing without the Spirit of God, wouldn’t that include abiding in the vine?

2 Timothy 2:19-21
[19] Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. [20] But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. [21] If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Ephesians 2:10
[10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

John 15:2-3
[2] Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. [3] Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Yes, indeed, and interesting that Romans 8 says: 'Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his'.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, “I am the Vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing” (John15:5).

Our purpose as Jesus’ disciples is to remain in an abiding (- dependent) relationship with Him so that in all the things that we do or say, His life may be expressed through us.
He is The Vine; we are the branches.

The same life in The Vine flows through the branches to produce fruit (= His Life)...
As we abide in Him, and His word abides in us, His very nature (fruit) flows through us, touching and changing the lives of many ...as we pass through this world..

We don't have to strive to produce fruit...we can't, the life is in the Vine...He is the root... we abide in Him...as a branch to the Vine....and life flows through us...

May we be fruitful unto every good work in Christ, without striving,... but by simply abiding.
I do like how you put that-abiding and not striving. If we strive, can that be looked at as "works of the flesh"? If we abide, it sure does "flow through us..." it becomes something our hearts want to do, not something we do against our wills, or, because we "should". ♥

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thumb.gif Amen @Nancy agree :)
I think we maybe 'getting there' I am a slow learner... Ha!

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ha!!! You are quicker than I on many things...if it is over my head, I re-read with prayer, sometimes I "get it" and sometimes I have to move on to the more simple :oops:;)
People would often speak of seeking to 'mark, read and inwardly digest' the Scriptures; for some ppl, meditation in Scripture is becoming a lost art, but it's so important to do so, and with prayer.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People would often speak of seeking to 'mark, read and inwardly digest' the Scriptures; for some ppl, meditation in Scripture is becoming a lost art, but it's so important to do so, and with prayer.

Agree...Amen to that.
Many do not do so...but they obediently swallow whatever was spoon fed to them 'back when'...
Obviously we enjoy any mans good rich teaching...but then we must also, like Hezekiah did, we "spread it before the Lord"...and allow Him to write that which is His truth upon our hearts...and wash away whatever was 'of man' and not of Him.

B

brakelite

Agree...Amen to that.
Many do not do so...but they obediently swallow whatever was spoon fed to them 'back when'...
Obviously we enjoy any mans good rich teaching...but then we must also, like Hezekiah did, we "spread it before the Lord"...and allow Him to write that which is His truth upon our hearts...and wash away whatever was 'of man' and not of Him.
The apostle John says we are to test the spirits to see that they are of God. There is only one way to test the spirit of man...compare what he says with scripture. Scripture is our final authority. Even the Spirit of God is subject to what He has already revealed as Truth.