Abomination Of Desolation IDOL and God's Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've noticed many brethren here have not studied the Old Testament Books of God's prophets like we as Christians are supposed to also do (2 Peter 3:2). Christianity is not simply just about the New Testament Books of The Bible. The Old Testament prophesied of events first that were fulfilled later per The New Testament Books, and there are still many Old Testament prophecies not yet completed today. Apostle Peter said we are to be "mindful" of them.

One of the teaching tools God Word gives us is future "ensamples" of events that happened back in Old Testament times. For example, about the Revelation Babylon Harlot, the phrase "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen" written in Rev.14:8 and Rev.18:2 was actually first written in Isaiah 21:9, one of God's Old Testament prophets. Thus Christ also used the Babylon of Old Testament times as an "ensample" for the beast kingdom structure at the end of this world.

Can that mean Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon of Old Testament history, also serves as an "ensample" for the end? Yes.

God's prophet Daniel was given to interpret Nebuchadnezzar's dream, so Nebuchadnezzar exalted Daniel above all the prophets of Babylon. The Babylon prophets became jealous of Daniel, and sought a way to destroy him. The Babylon prophets then proposed to Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, that he make a gold IDOL image of himself, and demand that all bow in worship to it, or be killed. The prophets of Babylon knew Daniel and his fells would not bow to it, and thus would be sentenced to death.

The parallel to the Revelation Babylon Harlot linked to that Old Testament history about the king of Babylon and Daniel, and the gold image IDOL, is with the false king that will ascend out of the bottomless pit mentioned in Rev.9, Rev.11, and Rev.13 as the "another beast", a beast king. That "another beast" per the Rev.13 prophecy is to setup the "image of the beast" at the end, and demand that all bow in worship to it, or be killed. It is the same thing that Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon did. Thus that "another beast" of Rev.13:11 represents a 'type' for the king of Babylon.

That IDOL image for the END of this world, the "image of the beast", is about the "abomination of desolation" Lord Jesus warned us about for the end, having quoted about it from the Book of Daniel. The Daniel 11:31 event is about the coming "vile person" having that "abomination of desolation" IDOL placed in the temple, what Jesus called "the holy place". The "holy place" represents a standing Jewish temple in Jerusalem.

Thusly, the "abomination of desolation" prophecy can ONLY happen in JERUSALEM for the end of this world during the time of "great tribulation". And it can only be placed in a JEWISH built stone temple in Jerusalem, and not anywhere else. As per Matthew 24:15 forward, when it is set in the "holy place" in Jerusalem for the end, it is that... event which will kick off the coming time of "great tribulation". Per Daniel 9:27 and Daniel 11:23 forward, it will be that IDOL set in place instead of daily sacrifices by the orthodox Jews which will begin our persecution by Satan's hosts for 42 months (1260 days, or 3.5 years), at the very end of this world.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hard to believe that none of the brethren in Christ here have yet put together the Old Testament gold idol image of the king of Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar) linked with the "image of the beast" for the end of this world per the end of Revelation 13.

The Idol Abomination in Daniel's time:
Dan 3:1-7
3 Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof six cubits: he set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon.
2 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king sent to gather together the princes, the governors, and the captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, to come to the dedication of the image which Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.
3 Then the princes, the governors, and captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, were gathered together unto the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up.
4 Then an herald cried aloud, To you it is commanded, O people, nations, and languages,
5 That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up:
6 And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.
7 Therefore at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and all kinds of musick, all the people, the nations, and the languages, fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.
KJV

For the End of This World:
Rev 13:14-15
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
KJV

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Vladimir Putin thinks he's Napoleon who stood in a holy place.

Fifth, during his later career as first consul, and then as emperor, Napoleon clashed with Pius VII, the successor to Pius VI, and had him exiled and kept as a prisoner for more than four years. A number of issues created friction be tween Napoleon and Pius VII. Napoleon's unwillingness to allow the papacy the temporal and spiritual independence that Pius VII considered necessary, combined with the reluctance of some members of the papal curia to come to terms with any government representing the French Revolution, blocked all at tempts at reconciliation. 18 This aspect of his later career has provided a legacy in which Napoleon appears much more antipapal than his earlier career had indicated him to be.

Perhaps Napoleon's real attitude is best reflected in a comment of his later years as he looked over his career: "My political method is to govern men as the majority of them want to be governed.That, I think, is to recognize the sovereignty of the people. It was by making myself a Catholic that I won the war in the Vendee, by making myself a Moslem that I established myself in Egypt, by making myself an ultramontane that I won men's souls in Italy. If I were governing a people of the Jewish race I would rebuild the Temple of Solomon." 19

Napoleon certainly proved himself a pragmatic politician, particularly in the earlier stage of his career before power and license had corrupted his abilities. It is inconceivable that anyone with his grasp of the political implications of religious policy would have attempted to abolish the papacy. The French government, the Directory, made the decision to occupy Rome, and in drafting the instructions Napoleon merely acted as their agent. In doing so he took care to safeguard as far as possible the settlement he had so recently made in Italy and to leave open the possibility of reconciliation between the French government and the papacy. Thus the Directory, not Napoleon, must bear the responsibility for the attempt to abolish the papacy in 1798.
source
All several attempts to abolish the papacy over the past 2000+ years have failed.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vladimir Putin thinks he's Napoleon who stood in a holy place.

Fifth, during his later career as first consul, and then as emperor, Napoleon clashed with Pius VII, the successor to Pius VI, and had him exiled and kept as a prisoner for more than four years. A number of issues created friction be tween Napoleon and Pius VII. Napoleon's unwillingness to allow the papacy the temporal and spiritual independence that Pius VII considered necessary, combined with the reluctance of some members of the papal curia to come to terms with any government representing the French Revolution, blocked all at tempts at reconciliation. 18 This aspect of his later career has provided a legacy in which Napoleon appears much more antipapal than his earlier career had indicated him to be.

Perhaps Napoleon's real attitude is best reflected in a comment of his later years as he looked over his career: "My political method is to govern men as the majority of them want to be governed.That, I think, is to recognize the sovereignty of the people. It was by making myself a Catholic that I won the war in the Vendee, by making myself a Moslem that I established myself in Egypt, by making myself an ultramontane that I won men's souls in Italy. If I were governing a people of the Jewish race I would rebuild the Temple of Solomon." 19

Napoleon certainly proved himself a pragmatic politician, particularly in the earlier stage of his career before power and license had corrupted his abilities. It is inconceivable that anyone with his grasp of the political implications of religious policy would have attempted to abolish the papacy. The French government, the Directory, made the decision to occupy Rome, and in drafting the instructions Napoleon merely acted as their agent. In doing so he took care to safeguard as far as possible the settlement he had so recently made in Italy and to leave open the possibility of reconciliation between the French government and the papacy. Thus the Directory, not Napoleon, must bear the responsibility for the attempt to abolish the papacy in 1798.
source
All several attempts to abolish the papacy over the past 2000+ years have failed.

Putin does not fit the role of the final Antichrist that will place an IDOL abomination in the future 3rd Jewish stone temple in Jerusalem, and demand that all bow to it. That future idol abomination will be the following...

Rev 13:14-15
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth,
that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto
the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
KJV

That is the same type of event of history in the days of Daniel the prophet which Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, did with setting up a gold idol image of himself, and demanding that all bow in worship to it at the sound of the musical instrument, or be killed.