Don't Believe Satan's Lie: Revelation Babylon = JERUSALEM In Idol Worship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some deceived denominations today that try to hide the Biblical FACT that the Babylon of Christ's Revelation is about a certain "great city", even as Revelation 11:8 points to it being JERUSALEM for the END in a false worship condition.

Those denominations that go against that "great city" in Rev.17 are obvious to me that they have had a false orthodox Jew that has planted denial of that Scripture FACT among them, and instead try to push the Revelation Babylon label upon Christ's Church!

The Babylon for the END of this world has nothing to do with Christianity and faithful believers. Those in Christ instead are told to get out of Babylon for the end time, and let those of His in the countries not enter into Jerusalem at that time of the END (Revelation 18; Matthew 24:15-16; Luke 21:21). It is pointing to Jerusalem at the END of this world.

The Revelation 17 Chapter, with the very last verse of that 17th Chapter, is what reveals that the Babylon Harlot woman mentioned in that Chapter is about a "great city", and not about a pope, nor Rome, nor any Christian Church or area on earth other than Jerusalem...

Rev 17:18
18 And
the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
KJV

So you brethren that like to travel to the nation state of Israel with your Church field trips, when the unbelieving Jews prepare to build their new 3rd temple in Jerusalem, the coming false-Messiah will have already arrived then, or just about to arrive. So STAY OUT. Then the next event prophesied for Jerusalem is those Jews starting up old covenant worship again with that new temple, and sacrifices. And then per prophecy, that false-Messiah will end that old style worship, and instead place an abomination IDOL in that new temple, and demand that all bow in worship to it, or be killed (per the end of Revelation 13 about the "another beast" setting up the "image of the beast".)

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a reference to the Roman Empire.
That's a LIE from false Jews of the "synagogue of Satan". Those in the church who believe it and teach it are simply deceived.

The Babylon Harlot of Revelation 17 is a GREAT CITY, as written there in the last verse. So it is very easy... to know when someone is not telling the truth about that.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's a LIE from false Jews of the "synagogue of Satan". Those in the church who believe it and teach it are simply deceived.

The Babylon Harlot of Revelation 17 is a GREAT CITY, as written there in the last verse. So it is very easy... to know when someone is not telling the truth about that.
I have done fair research on history and this subject. This is my personal informed interpretation. Not somone else's.

Whether you think one way or the other is not really relevant today is it? Most people equate the word Babylon with evil and in a general sence that's all that matters. I'm not sure why your suggesting that a belief of the past some how affects us by the devil?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have done fair research on history and this subject. This is my personal informed interpretation. Not somone else's.

Whether you think one way or the other is not really relevant today is it? Most people equate the word Babylon with evil and in a general sence that's all that matters. I'm not sure why your suggesting that a belief of the past some how affects us by the devil?
:jest:

God's Word is always the Measure. And what you say does not measure up.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 17:9
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. (KJV)​
Below we see that this woman sits upon the peoples, all the peoples (the sea — the waters = the peoples):

Rev 17:15
15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. (KJV)​
Mystery Babylon is that woman:

Rev 14:8
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication [religious adultery]. (KJV)​
Scripture then tells us that the woman is the great city (Jerusalem):

Rev 17:18
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth. (KJV)​
We see Jerusalem referred to as that great city even in the Old Testament:

Jer 22:8
8 And many nations shall pass by this city, and they shall say every man to his neighbour, Wherefore hath the LORD done thus unto this great city? (KJV)​
Finally, Scriptures nails down, without any room for doubt, the exact location and thus the identity of the great city:

Rev 11:8
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. (KJV)​
And after the end of this age, after the great Judgment Day, after the old things are done away with, after all evil and evil doers are cast into the Lake of Fire (commonly referred to as 'going to hell'), the new Heaven and new earth (commonly referred to as Heaven) is identified as the great city Jerusalem (rejuvenated and with God present):

Rev 21:10
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, (KJV)​

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Below we see that this woman sits upon the peoples, all the peoples (the sea — the waters = the peoples):

Finally, Scriptures nails down, without any room for doubt, the exact location and thus the identity of the great city:

And after the end of this age, after the great Judgment Day, after the old things are done away with, after all evil and evil doers are cast into the Lake of Fire (commonly referred to as 'going to hell'), the new Heaven and new earth (commonly referred to as Heaven) is identified as the great city Jerusalem (rejuvenated and with God present):
These passages are a reference the soul. The fallen Sophia and the Divine Sophia.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not familiar with Sophia… Or anyone being divine except the Lord.
Sophia is the Greek word for the feminine aspect of Wisdom. It means Wisdom in Greek and is related to the soul.

Philosophy - 'Philo' 'Sophy' - For the love of Wisdom

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good luck and God bless.
I can't say the same for you, sorry to say, because you are allowing Christ's enemies to deceive you away from His Word. God's Word focuses on Jerusalem for the coming false-Christ and his future reign over all nations, and his miracles of deception, not Rome.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sophia is the Greek word for the feminine aspect of Wisdom. It means Wisdom in Greek and is related to the soul.

Why would wisdom need a feminine aspect?

7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her

Wisdom is already portrayed as femine.

chokmah: wisdom
Original Word: חָכְמָה
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: chokmah
Phonetic Spelling: (khok-maw')
Definition: wisdom

I have never heard this position, but it doesn’t seem to line up with Biblical scripture.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't say the same for you, sorry to say, because you are allowing Christ's enemies to deceive you away from His Word. God's Word focuses on Jerusalem for the coming false-Christ and his future reign over all nations, and his miracles of deception, not Rome.
I agree… There is a heavy emphasis on the Lords liking for Jerusalem. The importance of Rome has been inflated in my opinion.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, exactly, very good. :woohoo!:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Learn that from your occult Greek philosophy studies?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree… There is a heavy emphasis on the Lords liking for Jerusalem. The importance of Rome has been inflated in my opinion.
Some Christian scholars legitimately 'speculate' a revived Roman empire for the end because they cannot leave the idea of Rome between the Daniel 2 "legs of iron" (old pagan Rome) apart from the "feet part of iron and part of clay", which will actually be the final beast. Thus they think the "feet part of iron" points to a revived Roman empire for the end of this world, even though the pagan Roman empire ended long ago, which they can no longer find today, but which then means they have to point to the Roman Church and a pope.

Some Christian denominations today also rely on the old doctrines of the Protestant Reformers back during the Protestant rebellion in 16th century Europe, which thought the pope back then was the Antichrist for the end, because of persecution by the Roman Church against Protestants. Their idea about the pope didn't pan out though. But there are some among those denominations that still push those old Reformer doctrines claiming the pope is the Antichrist. And it's an effective tool for Orthodox Jews to use against the Church, because it points away... from Jerusalem as the "great city" of Rev.17, something they don't like known.