Abominations of the Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Father Jim

Oct 20, 2023
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the forums Catholic haters can tell me what abominations the Catholic Church is committing TODAY? I know where you guys will go with this. You will post things that do NOT coincide with the definition of the word ABOMINATION.

An abomination is - an object of disgust - a detestable thing. These abominations are already with us. Let me mention a few and some are mentioned in the Revelation.

1. Blowing up a baby in a training video. Beheading babies.
2. Cutting the heart out of a man while he is alive.
3. Cutting the eyes and tongues out of priest and nuns.
4. Children beheading adults.
5. Adults beheading children and then placing their heads on a stake for public display.
6. Burning people alive.
7. Honor killings. The Human rights Commission of Pakistan reported that over in ONE year, 800 women, many of them teenagers, were executed in honor killings mostly in tribal areas.
8. Throwing acid in women’s face.
9. Running over people with military tanks and cars.
10. Flying jet liners into sky scrappers.
911 Twin Towers Collapsing - Isaiah 30 verse 25.jpg
11. Crucifying people to trees.
12. Cutting off of hands and feet for stealing.
13. Wrapping a person, mostly women, in a sheet and burying them waist deep in the ground and stoning them to death.
286f4370.jpg
14. Taking children as young as 6 years old and using them as sex slaves and child brides. ISIS beheaded over 50 of the slaves about when the town they occupied was being taken.
1b990030.jpg
15. Having children execute several men simultaneously shooting them in the back of the head.
16. Suicide bombings, (Yes I could go on but I think I've gotten my point across.)

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During the holiday season each year many Christians engage in discussing the basis for the holiday season, specifically the holiday called “Christmas.” The word “Christmas” comes from the Latin words “CRISTES MAESSE,” meaning “Christ’s Mass.”

Interestingly the word "mass" means "death sacrifice" according to the New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia under the heading “Sacrifice of the Mass” and is defined as believing in “the true Divinity of Christ, who commanded that His bloody sacrifice on the Cross should be daily renewed by an unbloody sacrifice of His Body and Blood in the Mass under the simple elements of bread and wine. This alone is the origin and nature of the Mass.”

It would appear that according to the originators of this term, that “Christ’s Mass”is the unbloody celebration of Christ’s bloody sacrifice on the cross. In essence, the Mass is the ceremonial slaying of the Christ over and over again, followed by the eating of his flesh and the drinking of his blood. The Mass is the “unbloody death sacrifice,” and the "Host" is the victim.

The Mass contains a series of rituals leading up to the Lord's Supper which also contains a reenactment of the sacrifice of Christ.

Furthermore, transubstantiation states that the substances of the elements are miraculously changed even though their appearance is not. In other words, the bread and wine will appear as bread and wine under close scientific examination, but the true substance is mystically the Body and Blood of Christ.

Synonymous with transubstantiation is the doctrine of the Real Presence. Where transubstantiation is the process of the change, the real presence is the result of that change. In other words, the doctrine of the real presence states that the bread and wine contain the actual presence of Christ in bodily form as a result of the process of transubstantiation. Roman Catholicism states that the incarnation of Christ itself, where Jesus was a man but contained an invisible divine nature, is analogous to the doctrine of the real presence. Because they are the presence of Christ himself, Catholics worship and adore the elements

This description sounds more like the crucifixion of the Christ than a celebration of His birth. But even the definition of the communion or the Lord’s Supper is nothing like the Catholic sees it…right?