Abortion and deceit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here comes the ugly side, this forum not my parish? I prayed to God for opening doors and He have.
You have your calling and so I have mine, remain in yours and do not overstep your boundaries into mine.

Shalom
Johann

You're joking, correct? Can you show evidence that God has given you this forum as your parish?

I'm glad that God opened a door for you, but that doesn't mean that you have any greater importance than anyone else in this discussion group.

I have no idea what you're referring to when you claim that I'm overstepping some boundary. I have news for you: you don't own this "parish".

Reactions: Stan B

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You're joking, correct? Can you show evidence that God has given you this forum as your parish?

I'm glad that God opened a door for you, but that doesn't mean that you have any greater importance than anyone else in this discussion group.

I have no idea what you're referring to when you claim that I'm overstepping some boundary. I have news for you: you don't own this "parish".

It gets uglier still, who owns the "parish?"

οτιG3754 CONJ ουκG3756 PRT-N εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S ημινG1473 P-1DP ηG3588 T-NSF παληG3823 N-NSF προςG4314 PREP αιμαG129 N-ASN καιG2532 CONJ σαρκαG4561 N-ASF αλλαG235 CONJ προςG4314 PREP ταςG3588 T-APF αρχαςG746 N-APF προςG4314 PREP ταςG3588 T-APF εξουσιαςG1849 N-APF προςG4314 PREP τουςG3588 T-APM κοσμοκρατοραςG2888 N-APM τουG3588 T-GSN σκοτουςG4655 N-GSN τουG3588 T-GSM αιωνοςG165 N-GSM τουτουG3778 D-GSM προςG4314 PREP ταG3588 T-APN πνευματικαG4152 A-APN τηςG3588 T-GSF πονηριαςG4189 N-GSF ενG1722 PREP τοιςG3588 T-DPN επουρανιοιςG2032 A-DPN

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I was using a metaphor Johann.....and by the way, thanks for joining in on our rag tag forum.

No worries quitethinker, just joined today and already there is "antagonism" toward me, shows me I am on the right path.
Have a blessed day.
Johann

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No worries quitethinker, just joined today and already there is "antagonism" toward me, shows me I am on the right path.
Have a blessed day.
Johann
It happens mate. Sucking it up is tough.....so there you have it!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
you don't like or disagree with what is said there?

We are to test the spirits

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1) "Beloved, believe not every spirit " (Greek agapetoi) "beloved ones", an affectionate address to all ages of believers. (pisteuete) trust ye-(me) not. (Greek panti pneumati) (just) any or every spirit. John warns that some spirits should not (must not) be trusted. There are "seducing spirits", 1Ti_4:1.

2) "But try the spirits" (Alla) but, strong contrast - (Greek dokimozete) "test ye or prove ye," the spirits. Put the spirits on trial, on examination; Do they speak and cause men to act according to the revealed Word of God? If not they are to be rejected as emissaries, servants, agents of Satan. 1Ti_4:1-3; 2Ti_4:3-4; 2Co_11:13-15.

3) "Whether they are of God": Fallen, deranged, demon spirits - enemies of God, work through men - depraved men, to oppose God and Holiness. Note the maniac of Gadara, Mar_5:1-20; Mar_7:24-30, and deceptive miracle workers. Rev_16:13-14.

4) "Because many false prophets are gone out into the world." 1) Our Lord warned of "false" or lying prophets. Mat_7:15-23; Matthew 2) Paul did, 2Co_11:13-15; Act_20:27-31; Acts 3) Peter did, 2Pe_2:1-3; 2Pe_3:1-7. These false prophets have (Greek ekseleluthasin) "Gone out of their own accord -, or will". They were not (Greek stello) sent or authorized of the Lord.

Was she, in your opinion, a true or false prophet, as far as I remember, there are no more pseudo "prophets" roaming around, are there?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are to test the spirits

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1) "Beloved, believe not every spirit " (Greek agapetoi) "beloved ones", an affectionate address to all ages of believers. (pisteuete) trust ye-(me) not. (Greek panti pneumati) (just) any or every spirit. John warns that some spirits should not (must not) be trusted. There are "seducing spirits", 1Ti_4:1.

2) "But try the spirits" (Alla) but, strong contrast - (Greek dokimozete) "test ye or prove ye," the spirits. Put the spirits on trial, on examination; Do they speak and cause men to act according to the revealed Word of God? If not they are to be rejected as emissaries, servants, agents of Satan. 1Ti_4:1-3; 2Ti_4:3-4; 2Co_11:13-15.

3) "Whether they are of God": Fallen, deranged, demon spirits - enemies of God, work through men - depraved men, to oppose God and Holiness. Note the maniac of Gadara, Mar_5:1-20; Mar_7:24-30, and deceptive miracle workers. Rev_16:13-14.

4) "Because many false prophets are gone out into the world." 1) Our Lord warned of "false" or lying prophets. Mat_7:15-23; Matthew 2) Paul did, 2Co_11:13-15; Act_20:27-31; Acts 3) Peter did, 2Pe_2:1-3; 2Pe_3:1-7. These false prophets have (Greek ekseleluthasin) "Gone out of their own accord -, or will". They were not (Greek stello) sent or authorized of the Lord.

Was she, in your opinion, a true or false prophet, as far as I remember, there are no more pseudo "prophets" roaming around, are there?
Do we determine truth or lack of it of what is said by our bias/prejudices? or do we hear it even when a donkey speaks it?

When prejudices rule in our decision making we can be assured our ears only hear what we want them to hear irrespective of how much our mouths boast about truth!

Reactions: Lambano

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Do we determine truth or lack of it of what is said by our bias/prejudices? or do we hear it even when a donkey speaks it?

When prejudices rule in our decision making we can be assured our ears only hear what we want them to hear irrespective of how much our mouths boast about truth!

Do you study your bible as much as you study podcasts and online content?
Tell me, what is the gospel?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you study your bible as much as you study podcasts and online content?
Tell me, what is the gospel?
:)...What is the Gospel?....yes indeed, what is it.
That God has always loved us and that love was manifested in Jesus in an unprecedented way. Embraced, it is a love that dispels fear and gives birth to hope and the more I learn about it the less 'religious' I become.....in fact, I am enabled to love people for its own sake.
Johann, I have been a Christian for 50yrs. For 50yrs I have poured over the scriptures.....my journey taking me to places in my understanding a lot of which I have had to discard but a journey in understanding it has been indeed.

The mount which Jesus took Peter, James and John...the one known as the mount of transfiguration saw Jesus talking to Moses and Elijah (representatives of the Law and the Prophets....Moses the Law, Elijah the Prophets...you know the story. The voice however that came from within the cloud surrounding them said 'this is my Son, listen to him'

I find that incisive...it says, what Jesus has to say trumps what Moses or Elijah have to say.....in other words, they bring clarity to a new level....a clarity never understood by either.

Jesus is the liberator...he reveals the reality of God as he is the only eye witness of God. His words are life.

Reactions: Lambano

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
:)...What is the Gospel?....yes indeed, what is it.
That God has always loved us and that love was manifested in Jesus in an unprecedented way. Embraced, it is a love that dispels fear and gives birth to hope and the more I learn about it the less 'religious' I become.....in fact, I am enabled to love people for its own sake.
Johann, I have been a Christian for 50yrs. For 50yrs I have poured over the scriptures.....my journey taking me to places in my understanding a lot of which I have had to discard but a journey in understanding it has been indeed.

The mount which Jesus took Peter, James and John...the one known as the mount of transfiguration saw Jesus talking to Moses and Elijah (representatives of the Law and the Prophets....Moses the Law, Elijah the Prophets...you know the story. The voice however that came from within the cloud surrounding them said 'this is my Son, listen to him'

I find that incisive...it says, what Jesus has to say trumps what Moses or Elijah have to say.....in other words, they bring clarity to a new level....a clarity never understood by either.

Jesus is the liberator...he reveals the reality of God as he is the only eye witness of God. His words are life.

I fully concur with what you have said, studying the scriptures and being illuminated by the Holy Spirit is a powerful life changing experience, day by day.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Hath spoken unto us (ἐλάλησεν ἡμῖν)
Rend. spake, referring to the time of Christ's teaching in the flesh. To us God spake as to the fathers of old.
By his son (ἐν υἱῷ)
Lit. in a son. Note the absence of the article. Attention is directed, not to Christ's divine personality, but to his filial relation. While the former revelation was given through a definite class, the prophets, the new revelation is given through one who is a son as distinguished from a prophet. He belongs to another category. The revelation was a son-revelation. See Heb_2:10-18. Christ's high priesthood is the central fact of the epistle, and his sonship is bound up with his priesthood. See Heb_5:5. For a similar use of υἱός son without the article, applied to Christ, see Heb_3:6; Heb_5:8; Heb_7:28.

Like you, I have studied for years, but now more than ever.

God bless

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I fully concur with what you have said, studying the scriptures and being illuminated by the Holy Spirit is a powerful life changing experience, day by day.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Hath spoken unto us (ἐλάλησεν ἡμῖν)
Rend. spake, referring to the time of Christ's teaching in the flesh. To us God spake as to the fathers of old.
By his son (ἐν υἱῷ)
Lit. in a son. Note the absence of the article. Attention is directed, not to Christ's divine personality, but to his filial relation. While the former revelation was given through a definite class, the prophets, the new revelation is given through one who is a son as distinguished from a prophet. He belongs to another category. The revelation was a son-revelation. See Heb_2:10-18. Christ's high priesthood is the central fact of the epistle, and his sonship is bound up with his priesthood. See Heb_5:5. For a similar use of υἱός son without the article, applied to Christ, see Heb_3:6; Heb_5:8; Heb_7:28.

Like you, I have studied for years, but now more than ever.

God bless

I am seeking after the "liberating" part of the gospel or a liberating experience as intellectual knowledge means nothing.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am seeking after the "liberating" part of the gospel or a liberating experience as intellectual knowledge means nothing.
did you check out the lightbearers site in my signature?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here comes the ugly side, this forum not my parish? I prayed to God for opening doors and He have.
You have your calling and so I have mine, remain in yours and do not overstep your boundaries into mine.

Shalom
Johann

I wasn't aware that you owned this thread or this forum. Did God tell you to post this absurd threatening comment?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I wasn't aware that you owned this thread or this forum. Did God tell you to post this absurd threatening comment?

ישׂא יהוה פניו אליך וישׂם לך שׁלום׃

יברכך יהוה וישׁמרך׃

יאר יהוה פניו אליך

Shalom

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ישׂא יהוה פניו אליך וישׂם לך שׁלום׃

יברכך יהוה וישׁמרך׃

יאר יהוה פניו אליך

Shalom

I don't read Hebrew. Obviously you do, but don't understand "shalom".