Abortion and deceit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The only person playing word-games here is you.

What I choose to do with my body is my business; and I would certainly never have the gall to presume that I have the right to force someone to do with their body, what I decide they should do!

Anyway, this is a Christian forum where we seek Scriptural leading for our ethics. Anti-abortionists are a political cult that has nothing whatsoever to do with Christianity or Scripture.

Reactions: Jim B

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I was being facetious to make a point. I wasn't agreeing with the idea that abortion should be left up to choice.

Psa_127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psa_139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

Psa 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
Psa 139:15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Psa 139:16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
Psa 139:17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hmmm . . . The subject you raised was about abortion, and instead of defending your assertion about about abortion from Scripture, you switched the subject to “murder” which has nothing whatsoever with abortion. So do you want to change the subject to “murder”, which is the unlawful taking of life. I agree. You should not unlawfully take a life.
Why did you change the subject? Could you not find anything, not a single scrap of Scripture that says “Thou shalt not have an abortion” ?

Killing babies IS murder....
Psa 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
Psa 139:15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Psa 139:16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
Psa 139:17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

Verses 13, 14 witness that the Lord has possessed (had knowledge of) his reigns, (his innermost feelings, desires and purposes) v. 1,2; and "covered me," (protected me) from the time I was in my mother's womb," before the time of my birth, Job_10:11-12; Psa_22:9.
Verse 14 continues "I will praise thee; for I am (exist as) fearfully and wonderfully made," Psa_4:3; Job_10:9-11. He adds, "marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth (continually) right well," or greatly, Psa_65:5; 2Sa_7:23.
Verses 15, 16 explain that the psalmist's "substance (body strength) was not hid (concealed) from thee, when I was made in secret (my secret parts) and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth," meaning in the darkness of the womb, Deu_8:17; Job_30:21; Job_10:11; Psa_63:9; Isa_45:19; Job_1:21.
Verse 16 adds that the Lord did "see my substance, yet being unperfect," when I was immature, an embryo in the womb; "And in thy book (of the living) all my members were written," or recorded, as a human being, before birth, "Which in continuance were fashioned (grew in form) when as yet there was none of them," none yet born, Ecc_11:5; Eze_18:4-5; Rom_9:11.
Verses 17, 18 exclaim, "How precious (full of grace) are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum (total) of them," even beyond counting, computing, or calculating, Psa_36:7; Psa_31:19; Psa_40:5; Pro_8:31; Isa_55:8-9; Jer_29:11; Eph_1:18.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What I choose to do with my body is my business; and I would certainly never have the gall to presume that I have the right to force someone to do with their body, what I decide they should do!

Anyway, this is a Christian forum where we seek Scriptural leading for our ethics. Anti-abortionists are a political cult that has nothing whatsoever to do with Christianity or Scripture.

I agree 110%.

Great post!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Killing babies IS murder....
<snip>

I have asked these questions earlier, but they require repeating...

God killed all the firstborn of Egypt, humans and livestock. Are you willing to call God a murderer?

God allowed Herod to kill all the children two years of age and younger. Are you willing to call God a participant in murder?

Parroting a catch phrase doesn't impress thinking people.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have asked these questions earlier, but they require repeating...

God killed all the firstborn of Egypt, humans and livestock. Are you willing to call God a murderer?

God allowed Herod to kill all the children two years of age and younger. Are you willing to call God a participant in murder?

Parroting a catch phrase doesn't impress thinking people.

Quoting scriptures out of context is not good, now is it? Shows immaturity, carnality...

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quoting scriptures out of context is not good, now is it? Shows immaturity, carnality...

Would you want me to post the entire Bible?

I didn't quote Scripture directly. I related what the Bible says. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Your insults are childish. Grow up!

Reactions: Stan B

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Would you want me to post the entire Bible?

I didn't quote Scripture directly. I related what the Bible says. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Your insults are childish. Grow up!

Telling you the truth is not childish but corrective
It shall help thee greatly to understand scripture
if thou mark not only what is spoken
or written
but of whom
and to whom
with what words
at what time
where
to what intent
with what circumstances
considering what goeth before
and what followeth after...who wrote this?

Don't quote scriptures?

Acts 17:11
More noble than those (eugenesteroi tōn). Comparative form of eugenēs, old and common adjective, but in N.T. only here and Luk_19:12; 1Co_1:26. Followed by ablative case tōn as often after the comparative.
With all readiness of mind (meta pāsēs prothumias). Old word from prothumos (pro, thumos) and means eagerness, rushing forward. In the N.T. only here and 2Co_8:11-19; 2Co_9:2. In Thessalonica many of the Jews out of pride and prejudice refused to listen. Here the Jews joyfully welcomed the two Jewish visitors.
Examining the Scriptures daily (kath' hēmeran anakrinontes tas graphas). Paul expounded the Scriptures daily as in Thessalonica, but the Beroeans, instead of resenting his new interpretation, examined (anakrinō means to sift up and down, make careful and exact research as in legal processes as in Act_4:9; Act_12:19, etc.) the Scriptures for themselves. In Scotland people have the Bible open on the preacher as he expounds the passage, a fine habit worth imitating.
Whether these things were so (ei echoi tauta houtōs). Literally, “if these things had it thus.” The present optative in the indirect question represents an original present indicative as in Luk_1:29 (Robertson, Grammar, pp. 1043f.). This use of ei with the optative may be looked at as the condition of the fourth class (undetermined with less likelihood of determination) as in Act_17:27; Act_20:16; Act_24:19; Act_27:12 (Robertson, Grammar, p. 1021). The Beroeans were eagerly interested in the new message of Paul and Silas but they wanted to see it for themselves. What a noble attitude. Paul’s preaching made Bible students of them. The duty of private interpretation is thus made plain (Hovey).

A daily vocation, Christ quoted scripture

I am not here for "likes" but this forum is my parish and Christ and Him crucified, Him resurrected I preach, His story, not mine.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Telling you the truth is not childish but corrective
It shall help thee greatly to understand scripture
if thou mark not only what is spoken
or written
but of whom
and to whom
with what words
at what time
where
to what intent
with what circumstances
considering what goeth before
and what followeth after...who wrote this?

Don't quote scriptures?

Acts 17:11
More noble than those (eugenesteroi tōn). Comparative form of eugenēs, old and common adjective, but in N.T. only here and Luk_19:12; 1Co_1:26. Followed by ablative case tōn as often after the comparative.
With all readiness of mind (meta pāsēs prothumias). Old word from prothumos (pro, thumos) and means eagerness, rushing forward. In the N.T. only here and 2Co_8:11-19; 2Co_9:2. In Thessalonica many of the Jews out of pride and prejudice refused to listen. Here the Jews joyfully welcomed the two Jewish visitors.
Examining the Scriptures daily (kath' hēmeran anakrinontes tas graphas). Paul expounded the Scriptures daily as in Thessalonica, but the Beroeans, instead of resenting his new interpretation, examined (anakrinō means to sift up and down, make careful and exact research as in legal processes as in Act_4:9; Act_12:19, etc.) the Scriptures for themselves. In Scotland people have the Bible open on the preacher as he expounds the passage, a fine habit worth imitating.
Whether these things were so (ei echoi tauta houtōs). Literally, “if these things had it thus.” The present optative in the indirect question represents an original present indicative as in Luk_1:29 (Robertson, Grammar, pp. 1043f.). This use of ei with the optative may be looked at as the condition of the fourth class (undetermined with less likelihood of determination) as in Act_17:27; Act_20:16; Act_24:19; Act_27:12 (Robertson, Grammar, p. 1021). The Beroeans were eagerly interested in the new message of Paul and Silas but they wanted to see it for themselves. What a noble attitude. Paul’s preaching made Bible students of them. The duty of private interpretation is thus made plain (Hovey).

A daily vocation, Christ quoted scripture

I am not here for "likes" but this forum is my parish and Christ and Him crucified, Him resurrected I preach, His story, not mine.

You're delusional if you think this forum is your parish. It's a discussion group and you're not its priest.

In case you're not aware, the Scriptures were written in ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek.

Reactions: Stan B

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You're delusional if you think this forum is your parish. It's a discussion group and you're not its priest.

In case you're not aware, the Scriptures were written in ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek.

Here comes the ugly side, this forum not my parish? I prayed to God for opening doors and He have.
You have your calling and so I have mine, remain in yours and do not overstep your boundaries into mine.

Shalom
Johann